Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

116-year-old is now the world's oldest person

UM-Bot

Emma Morano is believed to be the only remaining person on Earth to have been born during the 1800s.

Following the death of previous record holder Susannah Mushatt Jones recently, Morano is now officially the world's oldest living person having reached the grand old age of 116.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...s-oldest-person

• Like 3

Amazing. I wonder if she's seen children and grandchildren pass away.

If you think that when she turned 58, she was only half way through her life.

• Like 4

the supercentenarian still lives on her own at her home in Italy and is in remarkably good health aside from being almost totally deaf.

She's doing well to be living by herself.

• Like 3

Congrats to her. Must be all of the pasta, olive oil and fresh Roma tomatoes. Can't forget the wine!

• Like 1

OMG, we've got to keep her going! Inject her with giant tortoise DNA ASAP, there is a tortoise called Jonathan that is still alive at age 184.

Congrats to her. Must be all of the pasta, olive oil and fresh Roma tomatoes. Can't forget the wine!

Apparently not. :o

"For breakfast I eat biscuits with milk or water," she said. "Then during the day I eat two eggs — one raw and one cooked — just like the doctor recommended when I was 20 years old. For lunch I'll eat pasta and minced meat then for dinner, I'll have just a glass of milk."

"Emma seems to go against everything that could be considered the guidelines for correct nutrition: She has always eaten what she wants, with a diet that is absolutely repetitive," Bava said. "For years, she has eaten the same thing every day, not much vegetables or fruit. But she's gotten this far."

Plus a daily glass of home-made brandy. :)

Edited by smokeycat

• 4 weeks later...

If nano medicine starts I think 200 year olds will be a common sight..

On 5/17/2016 at 10:19 AM, Still Waters said:

She's doing well to be living by herself.

Definitely impressive.

• Like 1