Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odd food combinations

markdohle

I have a few foods likes that seem to make others give a double take. I don't think they are odd at all. So I am going to share a couple with ya/all.

I love black pepper in my coffee, about 30 or 40 shakes. I am sure there are others who like that here? The second is when I have chicken wings I like to dip them in chocolate. Now I am not a bit eater of chocolate but with chicken "YES!".

Does anyone else have some combination that others think ....well....weird?

For instance Hannah Baggett (yes she is from the Shire), she works for us, just said that chocolate with Chicken is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is 30 going on 70....sad really.

• Like 3

I like peanut butter and cheese sandwiches, dipping a spoon into chocolate frosting and putting it into rolled oats, a lot of sweet/salty combinations.

When I was little, I loved eating Oreos and strawberry Jello. Even today if I have one or the other, I crave what's missing. However, I haven't had the combination in more than 30 years.

• Like 2

People like what they like.

I get a lot of funny looks when I allow syrup to get on my eggs. Want a milkshake but don't have any ice cream? Try adding a little milk to fruit flavored soda. Stop pinching your nose, it's almost the same thing! :P

• Like 4

Hot cocoa and dry red chilly pepper flakes ... actually its an age old Mayan favorite ... tried it once and was hooked ~ a little dab of honey in the mix works wonders ~

• Like 5

- chocolate and Cheezits 

- avocado and sardines or kippers

- sardines and Limburger cheese on rye bread

- Lamb and mint

- Duck and cashews 

- Peanut butter and pickles 

- Pork and grapes. 

- Potato chip sandwich with mayo

- fig newtons and dry roasted peanuts

- chicken and waffles. Very popular here in the South. For a newbie, just try dipping a fried chicken tenderloin into a little maple syrup. I wrap mine in the waffle and eat it like a taco, though; I don't do the bone-in-chicken with this combo.

Yea, I'll eat pretty much anything.

Edited by Not Your Huckleberry
  • Like 3

Nothing too odd here. I do make a mess Thanksgiving/Xmases though. I have dark meat (Hate white meat, too dry and tasteless), mashed potatoes, stuffing, and whatever vegetable, cranberry sauce, mix them all together and pour gravy over it all. Awesome!

• Like 3

Pizza with pineapple.

• Like 3

Pizza with pineapple.

Nothing too odd about that...Hawaiian Pizza!

Nothing too odd here. I do make a mess Thanksgiving/Xmases though. I have dark meat (Hate white meat, too dry and tasteless), mashed potatoes, stuffing, and whatever vegetable, cranberry sauce, mix them all together and pour gravy over it all. Awesome!

Here we do the same except we put it between two slices of bread for leftover sammiches.

• Like 1

The day will come the Pizza gods will burn the skies and come down to Earth. And that will be the time when

all ppl who make and sell Hawaiian Pizza will have to pay the bill, the biggest bill that ever had to be paid by

humans. Trust me.

:yes:

The day will come the Pizza gods will burn the skies and come down to Earth. And that will be the time when

all ppl who make and sell Hawaiian Pizza will have to pay the bill, the biggest bill that ever had to be paid by

humans. Trust me.

:yes:

As long as they punish those who think a simple cheese and pepperoni pizza is good as well! ;) Nothing but fat/grease. It's like eating a slice of bread with nothing but margarine on it

Edited by Vlawde
  • Like 1

As long as they punish those who think a simple cheese and pepperoni pizza is good as well! ;)Nothing but fat/grease. It's like eating a slice of bread with nothing but margarine on it

Tasting good and healthy are separate variables.

Just seems a waste of pizza without onions, tomatoes, beef/sausage, bell peppers etc

• Like 1

Just seems a waste of pizza without onions, tomatoes, beef/sausage, bell peppers etc

I agree, plain pepperoni isn't one of my favorites either. I won't usually turn it away though. Unless it's Pizza Hut deep dish. I don't like the deep dish very much. I prefer thin crust pizza.

Onions, various meats and a few other toppings work for me. I don't like peppers on it because the taste is so overwhelming to me. It covers all the other flavors I like. Same with olives.

• Like 2

Just to clarify Pizza:

- thin and crusty dish

- tomato sauce (made out of fresh tomatoes, some garlic, olive oil, salt&pepper, dried thyme, oregano + rosemary. Must boil for at least 3hrs)

- fresh tomatoes

- mozzarella

- basil leaves

- fresh oregano

- olive oil

- options: white mushrooms/Parma ham/onions

True, but that is one thing I hate LOL

Mc Donald's French fries dipped in ice cream (or dipped in hot fudge sundaes) is good it's sweet and salty at the same time

• Like 3

I like cookies and soda, i dip my choclate chip cookies in my coke a cola

Just to clarify Pizza:

- thin and crusty dish

- tomato sauce (made out of fresh tomatoes, some garlic, olive oil, salt&pepper, dried thyme, oregano + rosemary. Must boil for at least 3hrs)

- fresh tomatoes

- mozzarella

- basil leaves

- fresh oregano

- olive oil

- options: white mushrooms/Parma ham/onions

That certainly is one way.

• Like 1

My mom likes the snack combo of a cold hot dog, chunk of cheddar cheese, and a rib of celery.

We make these special candies that are a square pretzel with a melted Hershey hug topped with an M&M.

• Like 1

it is a thing where i live to dip pizza in ranch dressing

truly we live in the darkest of times

• Like 1