Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK could be in nuclear war with Russia

seeder

Ive been reading many similar articles for a while now....plus the fact the US is moving hardware and troops into Europe to effectively surround Russia. And China too....

NUCLEAR WARNING: Britain could be AT WAR with Russia NEXT YEAR, ex-Nato chief says

BRITAIN could be engaged in a nuclear war with Vladimir Putin by this time next year, a former Nato commander has warned.

Sir Alexander Richard Shirreff believes the Crimea conflict has destroyed any chance of peace between the West and Russia.

And the ex-British army general claims the use of nuclear weapons is "hard-wired" into Putin's military strategy.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/671698/Britain-Russia-Vladimir-Putin-nuclear-war-Alexander-Richard-Shirreff-Crimea

• Like 3

President Obama has launched the US most massive military buildup along Russia’s and China’s borders out of “total panic”: President Putin has “successfully outflanked” him in Syria and exposed Obama as “essentially a supporter of international terrorism,” according to Mike Billington, an author for the Executive Intelligence Review newsmagazine.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20160517/1039730658/obama-panic-russia-borders.html#ixzz494BoGEqk

• Like 1

Deadly Embrace: Washington Surrounding China With Missile Defense Network

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160516/1039699922/china-us-missile-defense-joint-drills.html#ixzz494EDmQc5

• Like 1

NATO has not yet made clear the strategic intentions of its new missile defense shield in Europe. However, if NATO finally admits that the new missile defense is aimed against Russia it could prevent confrontation and start dialogue between the alliance and Moscow, an article in Le Temps read.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20160514/1039619286/nato-missile-defense-europe.html#ixzz494FqcCcA

• Like 1

The reason its bad is because of all these missle defense systems in place there is a new arms race to build hypersonic delivery systems.

Russia,USA, and China have them.

These hypersonic weapons will hit without any chance of intercept or advance warning.

The world is a whole lot scarier. M.A.D. no longer applies

• Like 2

Russia is being forced to look for ways to neutralize threats to its national security due to deployment of the NATO anti-missile shield in Europe, Russian President Vladimir Putin said after the alliance launched a missile defense site in Romania.

https://www.rt.com/news/342915-putin-nato-threat-missiles/

• Like 1

US, Russia missile row may lead to nuclear war: Analyst

The US government’s decision to activate a network of missile systems across Europe may lead to a nuclear war with Russia, an American political analyst says.

The United States on Thursday activated a land-based missile system in Romania, despite Russia’s warning against a systematically increasing US-led arms deployment near its borders.

In an interview with Press TV on Friday, author and radio host Stephen Lendman said Washington was seeking to install “an offensive missile system” capable of delivering different types of warheads in the event of a conflict.

“America wages endless wars, never peace, always wars and Russia absolutely is a US target,” Lendman said.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/05/14/465466/US-Russia-Nuke-Putin-Obama-Lendman

Sounds like a bunch of fear-mongering.

to whom? These things are happening....

to whom? These things are happening....

Peddling the whole "nuclear war" tripe.. I mean, seriously... there is no evidence whatever theat there will be a "nuclear war" at any time in the near future.

• Like 2

Yes they are happening but Putin is not insane. He's brash and cocky and has thoroughly enjoyed rubbing a coward US leader's nose in it but he knows that his country and almost certainly himself as well...DIE if those weapons are used. OTOH, I suspect that he might be so intoxicated with his successes at Obama's expense that he could miscalculate. If he does though, it's us here in the US that would be his first target, not you guys. I suspect he will use these last 9 months of Obama's watch to their best advantage. The world is definitely less secure today than it was when Obama took office and it has been his policies that have led to that state.

Aye, the whole "MAD" doctrine.

isn't sputnik news owned by the russian government? might be best to exercise some caution with that source.

• Like 6

Ah, more idiotic scaremongering from some nutcase of a Dr Strangelove.

• Like 1

Aye, the whole "MAD" doctrine.

The only caveat I'd offer is that during that era the Russians had no experience with an obviously timid, even cowardly US leader. Putin is not insane but he IS bold and decisive. I'd be nervous if I lived in one of the Baltic states.

Ah, more idiotic scaremongering from some nutcase of a Dr Strangelove.

"Garmisch-Partenkirchen"

:lol:

• Like 1

Hmmmm, what to do?

Do I open up a load of credit cards and enjoy my time left?

Do I take this as scaremongering and the ministry of defense are happy for this to be spread so they can ask for a bigger pay rise and keep their jobs and big houses..

Some people do not want peace, they will lose too much!

• Like 2

Now the Independents version.....

Nato risks nuclear war with Russia 'within a year', warns senior general

The West has been advised to act now to avert 'potential catastrophe'

Nato risks a nuclear war with Russia within a year if it does not increase its defence capabilities in the Baltic states, one of the alliance's most senior retired generals has said.

General Sir Richard Shirreff, who served as Nato’s Deputy Supreme Allied Commander in Europe between 2011 and 2014, said that an attack on Estonia, Lithuania or Latvia – all Nato members – was a serious possibility and that the West should act now to avert “potential catastrophe”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/nato-risks-nuclear-war-with-russia-within-a-year-senior-general-warns-a7035141.html

NATO assembles its biggest military build-up since the Cold War as more troops are deployed in eastern Europe to deter Russia

NATO set to puts more troops into eastern European member states

Troops could be deployed on rotation in Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Romania and Bulgaria

John Kerry said NATO was building a 'robust' defensive eastern flank

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3600442/NATO-assembles-biggest-military-build-Cold-War-troops-deployed-eastern-Europe-deter-Russia.html#ixzz49BoXE62M

Russia was right to annex Crimea, and it was persuaded to do so by the imperialist policies of the expansionist EU. The eurobots keep wrongly telling us that the EU keeps the peace in Europe yet it started the conflict in Ukraine. I support Putin.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

Russia was right to annex Crimea, and it was persuaded to do so by the imperialist policies of the expansionist EU. The eurobots keep wrongly telling us that the EU keeps the peace in Europe yet it started the conflict in Ukraine. I support Putin.

Not like we are surprised or anything...

• Like 1

Not like we are surprised or anything...

I'm right, though.

• Like 1

I'm right, though.

im afraid you are, but that's not the narrative. A lot of people in the West live in a world of complacency, a bubble of serenity. and they float around in this bubble, while the EU marches us down a road of ruin, political, economic and social ruin. - Russia was a prime example. anyone with the smallest grasp of History knew Russia would never allow Crimea to fall into Western hands. (read EU) So, why did the EU continue down such a path, It did not matter one jot who was in charge of Russia, Putin or anyone else, they would have moved to stop Crimea being annexed by the EU.

What worries me more than anything is the lack of education, real world education that seems lacking not just in the general populace, but which extends to the heights government. - and still i refuse to believe the UK government didn't have concerns over the EU's expansionist policy. - you cannot expect to whack the Bear over the head and not expect a real world consequence for doing so. So maybe they did, but then again when you have political policy makers whose only life experience is of student halls, lobbying groups (in the bubble) and the only consequences they've ever faced is a lack of applause in the student lobby. then no wonder we find ourselves in such a mess.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 3

Can Russia Survive Washington’s Attack?

It is not only American generals who are irresponsible and declare on the basis of no evidence whatsoever that “Russia is an existential threat to the United States” and also to the Baltic states, Poland, Georgia, Ukraine, and all of Europe. British generals also participate in the warmongering. UK retired general and former NATO commander Sir Richard Shirreff, Deputy Supreme Allied Commander in Europe until 2014, has just declared that nuclear war with Russia is “entirely possible” within the year. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3596977/The-outbreak-nuclear-war-year-West-Putin-entirely-plausible-says-former-NATO-chief-promoting-novel-2017-war-Russia.html

My loyal readers know that I, myself, have been warning for some time about the likelihood of nuclear war. However, there is a vast difference between me and the Western generals. I see the war as the consequence of the neoconservative drive for US world hegemony. The neoconservative drive for world hegemony is acknowledged by the neoconservatives themselves in their public position papers, and it has a 15 year record of being implemented in America’s many and ongoing wars in the Middle East and Africa. Although the Presstitute media does its best to keep our focus away from the known facts, the facts remain known.

The position of the Western generals is that “Russian aggression” is driving an innocent America/NATO to nuclear war.

Here is General Shirreff’s list of “Russian aggressions”: “He [Putin] has invaded Georgia, he has invaded the Crimea, he has invaded Ukraine. He has used force and got away with it. In a period of tension, an attack on the Baltic states… is entirely plausible.” Shirreff is talking about make-believe happenings that even if real would be taking place inside what were until recently Russia’s long-standing national boundaries.

General Shirreff strikes me as either uninformed or a dissembler. It is the United States and Israel who use force and get away with it. The Russian invasion of the former Russian province, Georgia, was a response to the American puppet government’s invasion of South Ossetia in which the American and israeli trained and equipped Georgian troops killed Russian peace-keeping troops and a large number of South Ossetian civilians while the Russian government was at the Beijing olympics.

do continue reading

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/05/19/can-russia-survive-washingtons-attack-paul-craig-roberts/