Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EgyptAir plane has 'disappeared from radar'

Professor Buzzkill

This is not looking good

The flight time is normally around 3 hours and 45 minutes - the plane departed Paris around six hours ago.

EgyptAir says flight MS804 lost contact with radar at 02:45 Cairo time.

The plane was at 37,000 ft and disappeared 80 miles (around 10 minutes) before entering Egyptian airspace.

Search and rescue teams are being assembled.

EgyptAir's website has crashed since the news broke.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11641360

• Like 2

That sucks. Not likely to not end in tragedy.

• Like 3

CNN correspondent Mary Schiavo said the flight was not on a high air traffic flight path at the time. There did not appear to have been severe weather in the area, and the route did not go over conflict areas.

More info from the same link (also shows the flight path).

I hope the plane managed a crash landing in the Med somewhere

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 1

Going where the obvious thought is leading...is this an act of terrorism? It's still early and I think it just crashed. There were apparently no warnings. This is a low impact target. And there has been no claims of responsibility. Seems unlikely to be terrorism.

However, this could be the next step of terrorism. No warning, no claims, any target low and high impact. Something like this would have a good chance to paralyze any opposition. It would stretch out all resources.

There are hundreds of ISIS like groups so any one of them could make the claim and it wouldn't matter if they did it or not because everyone would know that it was ISIS. That is a far better recruiting tool of Moderates than blaming Bush or Trump. It would encourage all of these groups to target something.

Now again, if this is just a tragic crash, that's one thing but what I describe would be the next evolution in terrorism.

Mind you, I'm only talking out loud.

• Like 1

One moment it's on radar, 80 miles out and 37K ft high and the next, nothing. No change in altitude or emergency declared. Also, comment section from the article:

"Greek officials are investigating reports from Greek Island residents that they saw a ball of fire in the sky"

Sounds like a midair explosion to me. If it's found that either a radical or a bomb were placed on the craft at the airport in Paris then tourism might not be so prosperous this summer.

• Like 2

An EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo with 66 passengers and crew on board has crashed in the Mediterranean Sea, Egyptian aviation officials said.

Terrorism for sure, you'd have to think.

• Like 1

It disappeared over the Mediterranean, still nothing found.... they have to find it soon, its not as if it went missing over the Pacific.

Only 56 passengers on the plane?? this is a quarter of what it holds. Would it have been full if it were going the other way and who was on board this plane?

56 is a very small number for an airbus to be carrying.

• Like 2

Debris has been found. On sky news.

if this was a bomb, how could it have left PARIS without being found. They have top tight security there, unless they are employing the wrong people.

• Like 3

if this was a bomb, how could it have left PARIS without being found. They have top tight security there, unless they are employing the wrong people.

There are reports there was three security agents on board the plane. But reports from Fishermen of a explosion in the sky, and footage from Greek residents are surfacing.

• Like 2

Just to elaborate -

A Greek frigate searching for an EgyptAir jet which disappeared between Paris and Cairo has discovered two large floating objects in the Mediterranean.

Greek defence officials told Reuters pieces of white and red plastic and two life jackets were spotted close to an area where a transponder signal was emitted earlier.

The discovery came as Egyptian Civil Aviation Minister Sherif Fathy said the plane was more likely to have been brought down by a "terror attack" than a technical fault.

http://news.sky.com/...ng-egyptair-jet

• Like 3

There are reports there was three security agents on board the plane. But reports from Fishermen of a explosion in the sky, and footage from Greek residents are surfacing.

http: //www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=_oI7vj4hPZg

If the fireball is 804, the control surfaces and power were still intact because it appears to still be flying straight which might indicate that an explosion occurred in the cabin?? Perhaps one engine caught fire until it created a catastrophic failure of some system??

Is having 3 agents unusual on such a flight? Did they know who each other was? Can one assume that they were armed? Were they deadheading or were they all on the same flight as part of their duties?

• Like 1

It may be only tangentally related to the topic, but one thing I always find very very distasteful about any kind of story like this is the way the news ghouls, in their anxiety to find large pictures to compensate for the fact they they know nothing, always put up huge, ghoulish, intrusive pictures of people anxious for information or grieving relatives or even, as here , in one case a large picture of "Reporters preparing to speak to camera". Talk about incestuous. Did they ask any of the people in these pictures for permission to broadcast them all over the internet? I think we can probably guess the answer, can't we.

• Like 3

If it was mechanical failure they would have had time to send out numerous distress calls before falling 37,000ft I would think.

• Like 3

It may be only tangentally related to the topic, but one thing I always find very very distasteful about any kind of story like this is the way the news ghouls, in their anxiety to find large pictures to compensate for the fact they they know nothing, always put up huge, ghoulish, intrusive pictures of people anxious for information or grieving relatives or even, as here , in one case a large picture of "Reporters preparing to speak to camera". Talk about incestuous. Did they ask any of the people in these pictures for permission to broadcast them all over the internet? I think we can probably guess the answer, can't we.

I just watched a TV interview by a very stupid female reporter, she interviewed a guy from Lufthansa and she was asking the following

questions:

Q:"Due to the accident, what would you recommend to LH pilots now?"

Q:"What influence will todays accident have on the Airbus A320 model in future?"

• Like 4

I guess debris has now been found, consistent with that aircraft, and suggestive of no possible survivors.

R.I.P. to all on-board.

• Like 3

I wish someone would come on this forum and "defend the right to kill, just to kill in the name of radical Islam, innocent babies and peoples"

Those people are seriously sick.

• Like 1

Greek officials contradicting the Egyptian officials in regards to the wreckage:

But Athanassios Binis, head of Greece's Air Accident Investigation and Aviation Safety Board, told state ERT TV that "an assessment of the finds showed that they do not belong to an aircraft." He said this had been confirmed by Egyptian authorities.

Greek military officials say a Greek C-130 military transport plane is still participating in the search for debris from the EgyptAir jet, but a frigate initially sent to the area has been recalled. The same officials say all potential debris located so far in the sea has been spotted by Egyptian aircraft.

The assessment contradicts earlier statements from Egyptian officials that the debris was wreckage from the flight.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11641568

*cough*aliens did it*cough*

66 people just died. Take your unfunny, idiotic jokes elsewhere.

Anyone have an update?

• Like 5

BBC TV news just said: 'Its more likely to be a terror attack than a fault with the plane', and no distress call was made...it just vanished from radar

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1