Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Two Songs Would You Like To Hear -

EllJay

If you were the one who were sent, on a desperate deep space mission - win or lose - to possibly reach another world, as the sole survivor of our species. Knowing that the one behind you are destined to die in a few weeks. What song would you like to hear sent to you, as you are about to leave the barrier where no more communication between you and and earth are possible anymore. Meaning; the last bit of connection with all the thousand of years of cultural development, and human passion & emotions was down to a few 10min or so. If you got TWO songs.

I would like to hear;

Johann Sebastian Bach - Air

Then I would like to hear - cause I'm most prone to my own music memories - a particular song that brought me most joy as a kid - when we sang it is an anthem/celebration of summer in church - every year, just before we went for our 3 months summer break. It will mean nothing to you, cause you probably never heard it. But it means the world to me.

Den blomstertid nu kommer

What songs would you - from your land, childhood, life, or memory - like to hear as the last tune of connection with the whole array of man's dedication to music - if you are leaving for good - in space??

• Like 3

erm....cant I just take a fully loaded mp3 player?

• Like 2

A few themes from old games I played when I was really young would probably work best for me. They bring me the most nostalgia when I hear them.

These are the first that come to mind off the top of my head anyway.

One of these days I'll pay to have this one turned into an authentic music box.

• Like 3

this

and then this

Lol, great choice...at least the first one. The other one I have to "work with". ;)

• Like 1

A few themes from old games I played when I was really young would probably work best for me. They bring me the most nostalgia when I hear them.

These are the first that come to mind off the top of my head anyway.

One of these days I'll pay to have this one turned into an authentic music box.

Yeah, each song we ever heard often brings personal memories, that resonates with us - no matter what any other person might think about it. They are our "own".

• Like 1

erm....cant I just take a fully loaded mp3 player?

No, in this particular thread of options, it's not allowed. ;)

• Like 1

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 4

Phenomenal choices.

I remember hearing - don't know who said it - that classical music is just; "horse hair on catgut".

Meaning that; the violin bow, that was made out of horse-hair, and the strings on the violin was cat-gut, (natural fibre found in the walls of animal intestines.) as used from the beginning, was the catgut. In other words; unbearable sounds made out of scraping those two together to make sound. I guess, that man never heard, and appreciated, the good sound of music - and never will. But it sounds kinda funny though - in his dismissive view; `horse hair on catgut´. ;)

Here is another song I would like to hear, in the last few seconds of human-connection.

Bolet - Chopin Nocturne Op. 55 No. 1

• Like 2

To bad he was shot. I dont know about this West-side/East-side-***** going on. back then. I was a rocker - giving no mind to this. But when I heard abbot these guys were shot, 2pac&Biggie - that's effed up. I saw a few of the movies 2pac made, and thought he might have a future there.

Well anyway, speaking of the second video, there is NO, and I mean NO better version of it than Pink Floyd live version from the Pulse Tour. My brother saw this show, and he said it was like a religious revelation. And when I see this "poor" adaptation this video, compared to real life experience (as he said it was), I must agree with him. When David Gilmour starts with his guitar solo here it is like a "divine intervention". - it must be - cause what he produce onwards is effin magical & divine. One of the best guitar-solos I have ever heard. It is just...priceless. For those of you, who don't give a F about guitar solos, this might seem like mediocre BS to you...but I assure you, it's not. It is.....just divine. And as my brother said; like heaven opened up and poured itself upon us. At 4:55 when it starts, it is God henceforth. :D

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb Pulse

• Like 3

John Cage 4'33 & the original gloomy sunday.

• Like 2

4'33

gloomy sunday

• Like 2

man, i knew i should have gone with 4'33

Lol, great choice...at least the first one. The other one I have to "work with". ;)

sun ra actually is nostalgia for me. my dad was and is big into avant garde jazz and i grew up with that

plus, space is the place. that's a fact.

• Like 2

Couldn't you take an iPod?

1.Echoes - Pink Floyd 2. Space Oddity - David Bowie

btw. How to embed You Tube videos into forum posts? :unsure2:

• Like 2

1.Echoes - Pink Floyd 2. Space Oddity - David Bowie

btw. How to embed You Tube videos into forum posts? :unsure2:

Use the 'link' button from the menu, and delete the 's' from 'https' in the url B)

• Like 2

So hard to choose two, but a couple of contenders...

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

My new answer. Just one song. For now. And with this, my return to UM.

• 1 month later...