Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists find evidence of tsunamis on Mars

UM-Bot

New evidence has suggested that Mars may have once experienced frequent and destructive tidal waves.

Tsunamis might not be exclusive to the Earth - that is according to a team of US scientists who have used new satellite data to identify the telltale hallmarks of two huge tsunamis on the surface of Mars.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/294720/scientists-find-evidence-of-tsunamis-on-mars

• Like 2

I just want to know... where there surfers?

• Like 1

and if it had such waters..... and water is needed for life... etc

Microbial life maybe...

I just want to know... where there surfers?

The surfers left, the place was no fun, not much atmosphere.

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

• Like 2

and if it had such waters..... and water is needed for life... etc

Microbial life maybe...

That is exactly why both NASA and ESA will be sending rovers to Mars in 2020 to see if there is/was microbial life.

• Like 1

If only Mars was the size and mass of the earth (sigh).

Yeah and to quote Mr. Scott from Star Trek, "and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon".

It is believed that the reason Mars is so small is because of the proximity of Jupiter which effectively stole material which would have made Mars more massive.

Many astronomers and astrobiologists also believe that the reason Earth is so ideal for life is that the presence of Jupiter reduces the number of massive impacts which would threaten life.

So if Mars were the same size and mass as Earth then quite possibly neither planet would be inhabitable.

• Like 1

if we didnt fight stupid wars over religion and power we be already living on mars and found micro life there, but nooooo wasting money on warfare