Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Picking up on every emotion?

GeorgiaAlice9

hello, I just want advice really. I find it extremely difficult being around people.....because there emotions affects me, I can walk in a room not knowing that's anythings wrong and suddenly everyones emotion will hit me like a brick wall, its difficult being around people because it exhausts me....some days I just feel like I have to get away and I only feel better when I'm around nature, I feel calm and at peace.

I don't know why this happens, its like if somethings gone on I automatically know. I know that theres been an argument or whatever, I know everyones motivation....I know when people lie, I know if someone doesn't like something etc I'm not psychic but I just know everybodys psych or character without barely talking to them. Anyone else get this?

• Like 5

First off, welcome! :D

As for your question, yes I know exactly what you are experiencing. I too am very sensitive to the emotions of others, oh sure they try and hide how they are feeling, but I know. I can feel the emotional "waves" coming off of them. Often it gets so overwhelming that I have to go and be alone for a bit. :(

• Like 2

How do you know their emotions, are you asking them all what they are feeling?

It is not difficult to recognise facial emotions or when some people are lying. Some people are bad liar`s, and can be spotted a mile away.

Here are some examples of emotions, see if you can guess what they mean:

Take-4.jpg

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

How do you know their emotions, are you asking them all what they are feeling?

It is not difficult to recognise facial emotions or when some people are lying. Some people are bad liar`s, and can be spotted a mile away.

Here are some examples of emotions, see if you can guess what they mean:

Take-4.jpg

You probably didn't know this about me but I cannot recognize faces, I am "face blind", unable to both recognize a face and understand what that face is conveying beyond the simplest of expressions such as ":)" or ":(".

And when I pick up on someone's emotions it's a sort of feeling, like I KNOW what mood they are in even before they say something (so I am not picking it up in their voice) or make a face.

Edited by AustinHinton
  • Like 4

You probably didn't know this about me but I cannot recognize faces, I am "face blind", unable to both recognize a face and understand what that face is conveying beyond the simplest of expressions such as " :)" or " :(".

And when I pick up on someone's emotions it's a sort of feeling, like I KNOW what mood they are in even before they say something (so I am not picking it up in their voice) or make a face.

So if someone smiles at you, you do not smile back because you do not recognise they are smiling?

• Like 1

You probably didn't know this about me but I cannot recognize faces, I am "face blind", unable to both recognize a face and understand what that face is conveying beyond the simplest of exp<b></b>ressions such as ":)" or ":(".

Austin please explain this a little more..

• Like 1

So if someone smiles at you, you do not smile back because you do not recognise they are smiling?

You see, I WOULD smile back, but A. No one ever smiles at me and B. it would not be a very good smile because my upper lip is almost immobile. I was born with a cleft lip and when it was fixed they pulled the lip halves together and thus it is pressed tightly against the gums.

Sure, you see, I can't "read" faces and expressions. I am Autistic and face blindness is actually not all that uncommon among Autistics. Face blindness is hard to explain to people who do not have it, but think of it like not being able to taste certain foods, you know the taste is there, but you don't get any feedback from it.

• Like 1

hello, I just want advice really. I find it extremely difficult being around people.....because there emotions affects me, I can walk in a room not knowing that's anythings wrong and suddenly everyones emotion will hit me like a brick wall, its difficult being around people because it exhausts me....some days I just feel like I have to get away and I only feel better when I'm around nature, I feel calm and at peace.

I don't know why this happens, its like if somethings gone on I automatically know. I know that theres been an argument or whatever, I know everyones motivation....I know when people lie, I know if someone doesn't like something etc I'm not psychic but I just know everybodys psych or character without barely talking to them. Anyone else get this?

When my kids were younger we'd always have these events at their school to go to with all the parents in the audience. You know, talent shows, awards ceremonies etc. The auditorium was just a little gym converted with folding chairs and a stage at one end. I have the same issue you do. And it was torture. Most of the parents were divorced and so there were ex's, new boyfriends and girlfriends of ex's. I mean, you coud cut the tension with a knife in there. I sometimes had to leave, it was so overwhelming.

I also get extreme sensations of pain when I see someone get injured. Be it in real life or TV. I can actually feel the pain they felt or are feeling. It can get so bad I feel nauseated sometimes. It's been getting more intense as I get older too.

• Like 1

Is it not social anxiety?

Or perhaps is social anxiety really just a manifestation of people with sensitivities to other's emotions/feelings? Chicken or the egg?

• Like 1

I know EXACTLY what he means. Sometimes faces to me appear like with a gray shroud over them. The sensation of "knowing" the person's emotions has almost nothing to do with sight. At first it is sight, but a taking in of the entire body, head to foot and even into like a 4th dimension. And usually it is an instant sensation; as for me if I see someone with a cut on their leg, the exact corresponding spot on my body winces momentarily and a shock of pain shoots up me. It's not anything one does that is active. It is more like standing in place on a beach and getting hit by waves. You don't have to run way out in the surf to get hit by a wave. Most people are lodged further up the beach so there is no way to describe "what getting hit by a wave feels like" unless you're lodged in their direct path of reach.

If that makes sense.

• Like 2

I'm the adult child of an alcoholic. I am far better attuned to the emotions of others than anyone should want to be. Doesn't make me psychic, makes me tense.

• Like 1

I know EXACTLY what he means. Sometimes faces to me appear like with a gray shroud over them. The sensation of "knowing" the person's emotions has almost nothing to do with sight. At first it is sight, but a taking in of the entire body, head to foot and even into like a 4th dimension. And usually it is an instant sensation; as for me if I see someone with a cut on their leg, the exact corresponding spot on my body winces momentarily and a shock of pain shoots up me. It's not anything one does that is active. It is more like standing in place on a beach and getting hit by waves. You don't have to run way out in the surf to get hit by a wave. Most people are lodged further up the beach so there is no way to describe "what getting hit by a wave feels like" unless you're lodged in their direct path of reach.

If that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense SSilhouette! I too have felt another's pain, it's like when I see someone's injury I get a shocking feeling, much like you described.

• Like 2

I know what you mean, people can emit very strong frequencies.

Perhaps, focus on how your emotions or energy field can effect them.

Also, understand that when you focus on how everyone else's emotions effects you you are activation your "mirror neurons" which will cause you to feel the same thing they are feeling. And in turn it will make both, or all of your worse.

"Mirror Neurons" are what make people relate, like emotionally reacting during a very good movie. Science

• 2 months later...

Hi I have the same problem.  I mean, it's not my fault but I'm always the scapegoat.

Nothing worked, whether friendly, smiling, or expressionless.

On 5/20/2016 at 7:32 AM, GeorgiaAlice9 said:

All the time.  Welcome aboard.  Do you have any level of autism I was wondering?  I do.  It's what predisposes me to the same thing you just said.  You can spot a charlatan or liar 10 miles away.  It's why they say we have no social skills.  Because social skills require that you can lie convincingly on a regular basis.  ie "Do you like my new hair style?"  "Why YES, I think it's lovely!" *snicker snicker*..  That type of thing.  Autistics or whatever label they want to put on us..(gotta make it seem like a dysfunction I guess) would say "no, that hair style makes your face look fat." if in fact the hair style made their face look fat.  So the person with the fat face says "autism is a mental problem!"...lol....  What I've been practicing with time is to tell a person their face looks fat in a more tactful way.  But lying outright does not come easy to someone with any degree of autism.

Your skill though might make you able to do readings on people, turning a lemon into lemonade.  Have you ever thought of getting training in that direction?

Edited by SSilhouette
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:32 AM, GeorgiaAlice9 said:

Yeah, I do. But the people I am around cannot hide their emotions well. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I know exactly how u feel I get the same when I'm around people can pick up on emotions and even if someone is getting sick don't know why much prefer to be around animals and enjoy the serenity of the garden. Don't get me wrong though I do enjoy my friends and family just gets overwhelmingly at times when you can feel how other people FEEL,,,,

• Like 2

On 5/20/2016 at 10:32 AM, GeorgiaAlice9 said:

Have  you tested your own  feelings of people you don't know and were they correct?

There are also some psychological causes and phobias  that can result in avoiding people because of thinking untrue thoughts are coming from them, that may be your own psych causing them and can bring anxiety to youself.

Yes, others have experienced extra awareness of others emotions and can feel it themselves. I call it being an empath. If you are truly feeling  others feelings or their life events, the best advice I can give you is be aware of it but don't take in as your own feeling when experiencing it.  You don't have to really feel the other person's emotions as your own. It's hard to do when you first experience it, but it can be done. If you don't do this you can bring theirs fears into yourself and become fearful yourself.

On 20 May 2016 at 3:32 PM, GeorgiaAlice9 said:

I too find it very difficult to be around lots of folk who I dont know, or like, or understand.

I can normally read people like a book, a bad novel, so I just put them down and carry on. In other words.....

Dont let the b******* drag ya dwn.

Or if you want to be PC, just rise above it.

Peace and love Bro.

On 21/05/2016 at 0:32 AM, GeorgiaAlice9 said:

how bizarre is this .. today I was in a second hand book shop in Melbourne and I found an old book about healing trauma and I flicked through it and landed on a page that said to put a strip of plastic on your tummy to block negative emotions from others. I had a little laugh and put the book back x 

On 5/20/2016 at 8:27 PM, AustinHinton said:

You see, I WOULD smile back, but A. No one ever smiles at me and B. it would not be a very good smile because my upper lip is almost immobile. I was born with a cleft lip and when it was fixed they pulled the lip halves together and thus it is pressed tightly against the gums.

Sure, you see, I can't "read" faces and expressions. I am Autistic and face blindness is actually not all that uncommon among Autistics. Face blindness is hard to explain to people who do not have it, but think of it like not being able to taste certain foods, you know the taste is there, but you don't get any feedback from it.

My spouse has an Autistic niece. I watched her and her sister grow up. She pouts or smiles but still can't talk recognizably to strangers. She also has hearing problems so she learned to sign and has a deaf boyfriend that she communicates well with and they plan to marry.

Her sister can understand her every word and is very protective and shows sympathy and worries about all people and animals. She is a normal social teen but shares that empathy quality of her autuist sister.

The amazing thing about the autistist girl, is she is very talented in drawing and in writing mystery stories. She seems to pickup on strangers and pouts when they are lying or being hypocrites. She will avoid them.  She also  seems to communicate with unknown animals well. She usually avoids people and crowds, but is very loving to some strangers who are honest good people. She is very smily and supportive of some sick or alcoholic people and brings out the best in them.

I consider myself an empath of feelings and picking up on strangers lives etc at times but do the social thing of being nice back. Ugh, but it's a thing you must do when meeting others and networking in business. 

Being a mystic empath and always testing things out,  I noticed that the Autistic girl seemed to be able to read others thoughts and deep feelings.

Many times I'd just think of an off subject thought instead of saying it to her. Well this little girl would start talking the best she could in response and giggle and smile.  She'd hug and kiss me and say I love you, you can talk to me the same way that I hear others!

So I really believe some Autistic people compensate for their disabilities by using their extra communication senses and awareness. This little girl is a mind reader and that's not a pleasant thing for her to deal with, being so compassionate and honest. 

I've always had jobs where I worked around the public or around large numbers of co-workers. When I first started working for a company years back,

it was a small company and less employees. The work was less hectic and I actually enjoyed going to work. Now that the company has grown 10 fold,

There are way more employees and the work is a lot more hectic and I feel like a sardine in a can. When you're around the same people day to day,

you get to know them well. Know who to trust more then others, read their facial and body languages. Listen to how they talk about others and knowing

they talk about you if your back's turned. I believe the working environment has brought out the worst in people. Anymore, I just want to put in my time

and go home and only be around loved ones and a few good friends. Not to mention have my moments of solitude.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of times when I'm near big crowds I get overwhelmed by the emotional "vibes" the group gives off. 

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, GeorgiaAlice9 said:

Have you consider playing poker?