Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alright, so to put a sort of forward to this- I'm newly registered here, but my entire life, I've had very clear abilities and sensitivity for the paranormal and supernatural. My family is very connected to these things, and firmly believes in it and has a history of these sort of abilities- however, all of my elder family members have said that I have more of a connection than anybody else in my family, and have experienced things none of them have.

That's why I've come here for help and to talk about it, rather than going to them as I normally would.

To begin, I'll explain it in the barest form- I remember one of my past lives. I believe it to be my most recent life before this one, though I can't be certain, or even sure if I've had more (though certain occurences have lead me to believe I have had more than these two).

Originally, I thought my memories and experiences were just experiencing visions or the likes, as normal. However, as memories slowly began to fall into place and I began to remember more and more, it became clear that wasn't the case. First, it was scenery. I remembered places I'd never been to, remembered doing things I've never done.

But then I remembered a childhood home I never knew, a feeling of being at peace and safe there- something I don't have in this life. I remembered the little details- where I would hang my favourite shirt, where my collection of books and scraps were. My hobbies, the way it was laid out.

And then I began to remember more things. How I did my hair, the way my nose was shaped (it was big, and broad, and I hated it), my tanned skin and my height and the way I was strong and lean but not in a lifter's way, but in a swimmer's way. I liked to swim- I lived near the sea. It was right outside my door. I fell asleep to the sound of waves.

I remembered my name. And then I remembered the people I knew- my brother, my father (of sorts, it was complicated), my friends. I remembered what they looked like, then their names, the ways they behaved and how we interacted.

I remembered how me and my brother were both very tall, but I was slightly taller- I was older, just by a bit, and he hadn't quite caught up. He was still awkward in build, still growing into his body and I'd already stopped. He was scrawny and lanky and didn't like to look people in the eyes because he didn't want them to be able to read him. Emotions scared him, and they scared me too- but we were never scared to talk about them together. We were each other's sole confidents, despite having friends we loved more than anything.

Finally, I remembered the person I loved. One of my close friends, whom I pined after for years. Even now, in this life, I can feel the way my heart throbs with a dull ache at the memory of his smile and laughter, or the way I felt bitter on the tip of my tongue whenever he spoke of a girl he had a crush on.

But finally, after years of going, my feelings were recognized and returned- a miracle, right? We were in love- young love, but helplessly in love, immature and inexperienced as we were.

I can't remember much more- just more scenery, talks with my brother, the song my father would sing to me when I was scared. I can't remember how I died, but I have a feeling I died young. Perhaps because of my disposition in that life, my risk-taking or just a feeling, but I doubt I lived to see my own coming of age.

Moving on, the biggest problem here is how strongly I feel these things- I now have become uncomfortable hearing my name in this life. I find myself whispering my last name beneath my breath, how it rolls off the tongue easier. Styling my hair as I once did, touching my nose and bitterly missing how big it once was, and how it's now replaced with a button. The way I lament not being able to reach the top shelf, and how dissatisfied I've become with so many things in my life due to it!

And to add icing to the cake- through much online searching and posting and general shenanigans.. I've found them. Not everybody, but I've found my brother. He recounts the same things I do, the hugs, the feelings, the inside jokes. We only "just met" recently, and yet we act and talk like we've known one another our whole lives. We still act as though we're brothers, and we've met two others.

He's met his own relationship from his past life, and to my surprise, has rekindled that flame. It was surprising mostly in that Ive always heard that you shouldn't date those from a past life- and for another, that it was such a cliche romantic trope it was impossible! But they hit it off right away, and have been going strong (and sweet, I may add. They're adorable together).

We've also met the boy I dated- the one I long for everytime I think of him. However, unlike my brother and his old flame, we didn't immediately rejoin. We were friends, sure, we giggle and we laugh and send messages every hour of the day- but we both have a recurring problem.

We're both in relationships, from before these memories struck and the longings began anew. And to add to it, I don't even know if he feels the same way still- I can't even be sure if we remained together in our past life, and he isn't sure either.

But I'm shaken, to say the least- about all of it. It sounds like something from an adventure or fiction novel, doesn't it? Remembering your past life, meeting the people you loved again.. It's all quite unbelievable, and if I get some sort of hate or disbelief from this, I'll understand. I hardly believe it myself.

But I can't help wanting to rekindle this old flame, to leave my current life behind and return to my small house along the coast line, listen to those old songs, and hold him in my arms again whilst my brother and his lover laugh somewhere far in the distance.

But should I? Or should I abandon these new, but still old friends, and return to living my current life and allowing myself these new experiences and names and friends? Please- I'm young, I'm confused and scared. I can't tell them about this. They might understand, but I don't want to lose anybody from my past or current life.

I feel so selfish. And to add another question- does anybody else have anything vaguely similar to this? Or are we the only ones who remember so much, and who so actively seek it? Is it because we were young and stupid..?

Visions of the future are so much easier than this.

• Like 1

The subconscious processes a tremendous amount of information each day. A lot of which we are not consciously aware of. This is only a possibility of what might be going on.

Your first post and you can write paragraphs, that's a miracle to me :tu:

• Like 1

I'm guessing you have a less than perfect life. Our brains are complicated and extremely creative. I think this is a way to escape the reality and stress of your life. You're young and have a lifetime of creating beautiful loving memories. Focus on the here and now and don't feed into the fantasies of a past life. There is absolutely nothing beneficial in doing so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pumpkin Strudel, I'm new too ;)

Since time is an illusion, our past lives aren't actually 'in the past', they are happening right now, all time is simultaneous.
I won't go into it here, but you may get some answers by reading some of 'The Seth Material', which is many books of 'channeled' information from the 70's.
These books go very in depth into how we can be closely connected to these 'other lives' we are currently living, in realities based in other times.
There's good advice in the material and you can always experiment with the knowledge you find there, to see if it works for you.

I have a few questions. But to answer yours no most people dont remember those kind of things. I dont recall specific details of who i was only what i did and what is was like to be that person and my utter shock when i first saw a mirror. I remember thinking wow im such a cute little baby now and im safe here.

If these people are all in different bodies how are you so sure of who is who now? Do they all remember as well? Do you remember dying?

I wouldnt try to recreate what you see as your old life, to me that would seem like a messy idea especially for people who have known you all your life in this life. You can reconnect with people who you feel youve known before, i see no harm in that and if there is more than one person who feels the way you do maybe you've all come from the same soul family. 

I'd take it as a sign from spirit that you are more 'awake' than most people out there. Also with the whole feeling uncomfortable in your own skin, just remember that you were probably someone else who looked completely different before you were incarnated as the the person you were in your past life. Embrace what you look like now and all the things you've learned in this life so far and move forward with it to become the person you want to be. You've already found what could be your soul family and I'm sure they will be there for you if ever you need them. 

Good luck with everything!

X

In terms of love, I'm going  through the exact same thing. I don't remember much about my past life but I know I was a man that disrespected other women.

About a year ago I met someone and I could feel we were lovers before we were born. It's a strange feeling, like I loved him before we met in this life. I don't think lovers need words to communicate..he's kind of a lady's man and we're both damaged, so we're not ready. Honestly, meeting and being with someone again that you've already fallen in love with in past lives is much easier than finding someone new and maybe falling in love with them. 

It's up to you and I don't see a problem with being with your ancient lover and people you already love. You could watch the movie "Cloud Atlas" because it's about people meeting again in different lifetimes, including lovers.

Personally I'm eternally grateful that I got to meet him again in this life and I saw it as extremely unlikely in this world to happen. Maybe in your next life you'll be reunited with him again. 

• 2 weeks later...

You should read 'Many lives, many masters' by Dr. Brian Weiss.  He is a super good reincarnation psychologist that does past-life regression therapy.  He was a skeptic before and then became a believer.  You should read it, as it explains the reason why you feel that way and more.

Another thing that you should look up is Xenoglossy, which is the language in which a child speaks that is not their own native family tongue, but their own reincarnation tongue that they had spoken in their past life(s).

There are also good reincarnation movies, such as 'Chances Are' which features Robert Downey Jr. and Cybil Shepard.

As a reincarnation believer myself, I think it is neat that people like you are open minded and into knowing that there is not only one life that one goes through.  The ancient Indians created terms for reincarnation (Karma and Dharma) for a reason, also helping use guides for chakras too.  The karma itself is one to learn from and to move on gently, loving and forgiving to move up a caste system. 

I think it's also great to keep your mind open and to not close it at all.  Just remember to live in the now too.

Thanks for sharing your lives stories.  I understand and it is neat!

They are all one-time skeptics but not believers; it is the standard line.

My biggest problem with reincarnation is, where is Mozart?  Every great composer and writer and artist had an immediately identifiable taste.  It is never repeated except by blatant copying.  Even the less-than-great are generally that way.

This is such an incredible story! I'm really fascinated by the fact that you've actually met the remaining human beings that you had a relation to in your past life. I have had similar experiences of recalling memories of past lives, so your story certainly has inspired me to search and find these souls.

Hi I've lived almost every past life of mine I'm also a telepath I have psychic abilities of tapped into my Pioneer gland and it's open up so my psychic abilities it's incredible but on my page I'm starting up something about open in the air Pinal gland or your psychic abilities to come out and it also tells a little about my telekinesis telepathic abilities are still trying to learn telekinesis so I can move things but there's someone else out there that can do it haven't checked it out yet though come check out my page it just started it