Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Selfies' Overestimate Their Attractiveness

Still Waters

11 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Well, yours gets a pass because you're adorable. 

Awww thanks! That's really sweet. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sherapy said:

For me, I want people to put a face with the post as you. Taking and posting selfies works for me, if it's vain so be it, and I can appreciate it's not for everyone. I think people have to do what works for them. I have not had any issues being respected for my intelligence. Honestly, that you posted a selfie gave me the impression we may have things in common and you are a very bright girl; selfie or not it comes through your posts. Beautiful women are intelligent too, you sure prove that. 

Yeah I like a face with the name too. And I personally love that you post selfies too. Beauty and brains, what a gal lol. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Astra. said:

Your right - she is adorable. She makes you want to squeeze those cute cheeks  smileys-baby-843803.gif

I'd give her a smooch or two.

Harte

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AbyssWalker said:

Back in my day, I took selfies the hard way...... and they weren't even called selfies back then...

With phones that only had a 2 MP back camera,  you couldn't really tell until after the picture is taken and you browse to the gallery to view your picture.

LOL

"In my day" it was one of those pop-out Polaroid cameras.

12 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I don't take selfies. My camera's broken or something and all that comes out is some old fart.

We must have the same type of cameras.

Harte

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Harte said:

LOL

"In my day" it was one of those pop-out Polaroid cameras.

It'd be pretty rad if you were out in public and you took selfies with one of those these days. :lol:

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:25 PM, Nnicolette said:

So... Who took your picture? Should it really be banned for people that have no friends to take a picture themself? Life moves fast its good to remember sometimes. I think its great to take lots of pictures.

I was playing with a pen camera I found at a yard sale and the pic actually came out okay so I kept it. Normally I am the one taking the pictures ....... camera shy. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TzarSeft said:

*Snip*

I'm guessing that your avi isn't a selfie then?

Selfies are harmless entertainment. Especially with Quokkas.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/simoncrerar/quokka-selfies

If you don't know what they are, you got to see this.

Edited by Still Waters
Removed crude quoted post
  • Like 2

Only problem with a Qoakka selfie is no one is looking at you. But come on how could you not look at the little guy so cute and one Aussie animal that doesn't want to kill everyone

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Only problem with a Qoakka selfie is no one is looking at you. But come on how could you not look at the little guy so cute and one Aussie animal that doesn't want to kill everyone

You need more of those. It would boost tourism.

• Like 2

We have many cute Aussie animals though :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

We have many cute Aussie animals though :)

Except they want to kill you. You have those tiny blue ringed octopi (which are cute, in their own way).

Edit: ...at least, from what I read, they want to warn you before they kill you.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

*Snip* Took a selfie with my date at starbucks today. And I seen the quakkos article few weeks ago :P

Edited by kmt_sesh
Remove crude comment.

I rarely post selfies, as I'm always shocked at the vast difference between my perception of myself and the camera's perception of me. Camera's can be very cruel.

• Like 1

Realistically every one likes to hear how pretty they are ...... this is simply the nature of the beast, and getting the ego pumped once in awhile is good for moral.  But there are always those who excel in certain areas and who love to take things to extremes.   Saw one individual go off,  because she had posted so many mug shots of her self that people just stopped looking , so she felt ignored and responded accordingly.   I'm thinking there is a difference between someone who posts a mug shot for identification, and one who walks around with a stick so as not to miss an opportunity to take another. :rolleyes:  Back in the day photographers used to carry tri-pods ...... today advancements have led us right back to the stick.

Edited by Forever Cursed
  • Like 3