Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tarantula tickles woman on Air Transat flight

Still Waters

Catherine Moreau was watching a movie on her iPad on a flight to Montreal when she felt what she thought was a wire brushing against her.

"I brushed [it] away and it started tickling me again. That's when I noticed the tarantula," Moreau told CBC News.

"I hit it to get it off me before it bit."

Now Moreau is asking Air Transat for a partial refund over her encounter with the spider.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ansat-1.3590780

No amount of refund is enough. This is "never fly again" territory. They should pay for her counseling.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3

Obligatory snakes on a plane reference

• Like 1

Wait...there was more than one of those things on the plane? You gotta be friggin' kidding me.

Just a friendly spider saying, how do you do. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Wait...there was more than one of those things on the plane? You gotta be friggin' kidding me.

There were two.

The tarantula that climbed her leg was one of two on a Montreal-bound Air Transat flight from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, on April 18, the airline and the union representing its flight attendants have confirmed.

Passengers screamed and stood on their seats after learning they shared the cabin with the eight-legged critters.

Alas ... the Continent hopping Tarantulas did not survive the trip ...

• Like 1

That's it! I am going to write the screenplay for a screwball comedy entitled: "Two Tarantulas on a Plane," Julia Roberts will play the role of the woman and George Clooney will play the role of a tarantula breeder.

• Like 2

That's it! I am going to write the screenplay for a screwball comedy entitled: "Two Tarantulas on a Plane," Julia Roberts will play the role of the woman and George Clooney will play the role of a tarantula breeder.

Funnier if you made Roberts the tarantula!

My son has seven tarantulas as pets. It's actually helped me deal with my arachnophobia. I don't freak out as much when I see a spider in my basement anymore.

• Like 2

Having no "all fear" of spiders I am still cautious.

For example, the other day a mature "daddy long leg" spider crossed my path. I could have easily killed it, but decided to let it go in peace.

On the other hand, if I don't know what the creature is, especially babies spiders, I squash them on site.

The health of me and my family outweighs the health of an unknown creature.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Once I saw a large spider on the floor and I screamed so loud the spider jumped.

They say pet tarantulas are not very venomous but sorry - I don't want any spider touching me. :no:

• Like 1

My son has seven tarantulas as pets. It's actually helped me deal with my arachnophobia. I don't freak out as much when I see a spider in my basement anymore.

Same here. My brother had arachnophobia so i use to put them on him when i was watching him when we were kid. Now, he's in some kind vegetable state and he dont show sign of arachnophobia anymore.

There best not be another person around me if I find a spider crawling on me.

I go fantastically insane, and might well unintentionally hit someone whilst frantically brushing off the spider.

• Like 1

Tarantulas are extremely gentle by nature. The first time I had one in my hand it was like it was asking every step, eight times... "Is that okay?", "Is that okay?", "Is that okay?", etc...

And yeah, if you have big spiders in the basement, you probably have no silverfish nor the other nasty creepy crawlers. I'd rather have the wolves of the insect world in my house, than the rest of the insect world.

Edit: Or, I suppose, some people could just inundate their homes with insecticides and happily poison themselves, sadly :) / :(

Edited by Likely Guy

@Infernal Gnu - Why stop at two?  SyFy would produce it.  They're up to Sharknado 4 aren't they?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paperdyer said:

@Infernal Gnu - Why stop at two?  SyFy would produce it.  They're up to Sharknado 4 aren't they?

There was a Tarantula movie on a plane in the 70s. I think they stowed away on a cargo plane with coffee beans.

We're long overdue for a new one if you ask me!

I used to say my worst fear was being trapped in an elevator with a spider, but basically this is the same. How traumatic !!