Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep Paralysis

TeraMishell

I was wondering how many of you have had an experience with Sleep Paralysis? If so, what do you think is causing this? I'm now 39 and. have experienced Sleep Paralysis since I was 19. For some strange reason these experiences ceased about 6 months ago. I'm only hoping it will remain this way, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

• Like 1

As you read here you will see the phenomena of sleep paralysis mentioned often. Many have experienced it and confused it with paranormal happenings. Years ago i was 'That Guy' but have since learned its my head and my sleep patterns and not spirits. Im glad to see you recognize it for what it really is and that you seem to have moved past it. Myself, im not often bothered with it anymore but it rears its ugly head once in awhile. I have a daughter that is still 'That Girl' and is convinced somethings in the room with her. Welcome to UM!

• Like 1

Ive had a small handful of experiences with SP. Only one that left a deep impression. Ive reached a different conclusion in regards to what it actually is, then our more "rationally minded" folks here. I saw a black cloud shadow being. It shocked me to find out how many people have seen the same exact thing.

Has anyone taught you how to have out of body experiences through the sleep paralysis Tera?

I envy you, if yours have gone away. Mine have always been intermittent and it terrifies me.

It amazes me how often people pass sleep paralysis off as paranormal or alien activity. I was watching some YouTube countdown of creepy encounters or something like that and one of them was an alien abduction/visitation. It literally opened with "he woke up and couldn't move, almost like he had sleep paralysis," before describing weird sights.

"Almost like he had sleep paralysis."

Hm.