Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Jesus The First Transgender Man?

StarMountainKid

On 10/1/2016 at 0:31 AM, and then said:

So he's human garbage if his belief does not fit into current social opinion?

He's not trash because he doesn't agree with the masses. He's human garbage because I think he's human garbage. I don't have to agree with or respect his opinions to believe that he's allowed to have them. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. Anyone with regressive attitudes like that is awful, but I will defend their right to have those opinions, provided they do not peddle hate-speech, discrimination, or any other kind of peddling of inequality. 

By that standard we'd live in a tyranny of opinions.  Some of the greatest human beings that ever lived were those who "swam against the current".

We already do, always have, and always will. The majority rule, and that will never, ever change, no matter what side of any given issue an individual is on. What's your point?

I think that laws should make doing business in the public marketplace equitable but I disagree that such a small minority of people should be able to wield inordinate power over entire communities that don't want to live as they do.

Those communities need to suck it up. Equality is equality. If a shop-owner isn't allowed to refuse service based on race, faith, skin colour, or nationality, they can't discriminate due to sexual orientation. Either everyone is equal or nobody is. If you don't like it, that's tough. It's not "inordinate power," it's "I just want a friggin' hotel room with my boyfriend, you already approved us when we made the reservations, but you're canceling now, last-minute after meeting us, because you don't like our lifestyle." If you view equal-treatment as "inordinate power" then I encourage you to check out the definition of equality. 

My problem is not with a gay couple wanting the same rights as all others.  The problem is that they seem to want to call anyone who disagrees with their choice a hater.

While we rarely agree on things, I've never known you to be an idiot, so I'm going to assume that you understand that sexuality is something you're born with, and not simply a choice. 

It is anyone's right to brand one who disagrees with their sexuality in an attempt to suppress it as a hater. You're allowed to not agree. It doesn't make them right (though I agree with this sentiment most of the time), and it does not make the opposite opinion correct, either. The Court of Public Opinion is a thing that, as I have previously mentioned, has existed for all of human history and will continue to do so. There is no way around it. We all have to live with each other, so you best get used to it. I don't like that religious organizations don't pay taxes, and I view exposing children to religion as child abuse. Religion wields inordinate power over world society, but guess what? I suck it up and deal with it, because that's how things work. 

What you describe is present in any large subculture, after all. If you say you don't like Conservatives, you're branded an idiot. If you say you don't like the liberals, you're branded an uneducated rube. If you say you don't like the NDP, you are branded a Conservative. If you say you disagree with Islam, Christianity, or Jewdaism, you get called an anti-semite, islamophobic, or a heathen. There is no way around this, because every group does it. Religion is particularly bad for this, as it has made a long history of killing anyone who disagrees. \

Ultimately no person or group of people can force others to love or even respect them through force.  

I agree. Most folks don't want to be loved by everyone, though. Most just want to be able to rent a hotel room with their significant other, get married, order a wedding cake, and do other normal day-to-day things. Are there those that push the envelope just to be difficult? Of course there are. But the vast majority just want to live their lives just like everyone else. 

Edited by Podo

6 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Transgender not transvestite. 

I am not certain, but back in his days I doubt he would have been wearing high heels, I think the fashion in those days were sandals.:yes:

I had been doing continuing research on my Ka of the grain and stacking pyramids with ice cubes theory  that night, and had transcended into the spirit world, If my assistant would have been here recording notes that never would have come out like that.:lol:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
spelling
  • Like 1