Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police attack man then attack witness

Farmer77

California is not a stop and ID state yet this officer insisted on escalating a confrontation and assaulting a citizen because he didnt want to show her id. http://anonhq.com/man-assaulted-arrested-filming-police-arresting-another-man-california-video/

The really disturbing part of the video is the very end where the man (kid) videotaping the assault is taken down by police and arrested for no reason.

This ladies and gentlemen is what a police state looks like.

This isnt an attack on individual officers. They are "doing their jobs" and doing what they think is right, what their superiors have TOLD them is right.The systems they work for are dirty and their sense of right and wrong has become perverted. Its time for change.

Ive thought about several different ideas to push change and come up with a few

1.No more tactical uniforms for police.They're not military they should stop pretending they are. When I was a corrections officer there was a large debate about the psychology of wearing fatigues vs. slacks for that very reason

2. Mandatory pay rates for police officers across the nation. Cops in Baltimore should be making more than 30k a year

3. Make it mandatory for all law enforcement officers to carry their own malpractice insurance. Something tells me the officers in the above video might have found less violent alternatives if they knew THEY would be accountable for their actions financially and not the people they are supposed to be serving.

4. Disarm police. Place all firearms in a couple of strategic locations around their jurisdictions only to be issued once there was a verified shooter. This would save ALOT of lives Im on the fence with this one but if the police were forced to disarm they would do a much better job of minding their own business.

5. DIsqualify combat veterans from police service. PTSD is a horrible condition whose effects can be dormant for decades on top of being able of being hidden.

6. Disband all police unions.

7. Make any laws which are created for revenue generation unconstitutional. Theres actually a bill floating around to do just that - ill try and find a link

8. Disband private prisons.

9. Make it a federal offense for a jurisdiction to hire an officer who has been fired from another jurisdiction, as well as for that officer to even apply.

10. Mandatory monthly drug testing. Currently national police unions do a great job of keeping their officers from having to be tested. Steroid use is rampant among law enforcement and that is a very real threat to the citizenry.

Thoughts?

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

I think many of them have merit.

However disarming the police...Wouldn't that just make criminals bolder?

• Like 3

I think many of them have merit.

However disarming the police...Wouldn't that just make criminals bolder?

yeah , thats why im on the fence on that one. I should have been clearer in saying removing firearms , rather than fully disarming, but even then IDK that its a great idea

Bad link, repost please.

Fixed thank you !

How about guns kept in a safe in the car, you have to post-log (so you don't have to do paperwork in a gunfight, nor are punished for not doing paperwork in a gunfight) each opening and justify each opening.

• Like 2

How about guns kept in a safe in the car, you have to post-log (so you don't have to do paperwork in a gunfight, nor are punished for not doing paperwork in a gunfight) each opening and justify each opening.

Brilliant! That would be huge in keeping officers from unnecessarily escalating situations while still giving them the ability to defend themselves without the paperwork as you mentioned or the transit time to a central holding location.

I know in some places police keep a long arm locked in the car. But google isn't playing nice with me. I was trying to find out about how police handle the weapon when it's like that, and if they also carry a sidearm or tazer when they do.. but all I'm coming up with is how to handle the cops when you have a gun in your own car!

I really like number 9. Some things should just be career enders.

Edited by South Alabam

California is not a stop and ID state yet this officer insisted on escalating a confrontation and assaulting a citizen because he didnt want to show her id. http://anonhq.com/ma...lifornia-video/

The really disturbing part of the video is the very end where the man (kid) videotaping the assault is taken down by police and arrested for no reason.

This ladies and gentlemen is what a police state looks like.

This isnt an attack on individual officers. They are "doing their jobs" and doing what they think is right, what their superiors have TOLD them is right.The systems they work for are dirty and their sense of right and wrong has become perverted. Its time for change.

Ive thought about several different ideas to push change and come up with a few

1.No more tactical uniforms for police.They're not military they should stop pretending they are. When I was a corrections officer there was a large debate about the psychology of wearing fatigues vs. slacks for that very reason

2. Mandatory pay rates for police officers across the nation. Cops in Baltimore should be making more than 30k a year

3. Make it mandatory for all law enforcement officers to carry their own malpractice insurance. Something tells me the officers in the above video might have found less violent alternatives if they knew THEY would be accountable for their actions financially and not the people they are supposed to be serving.

4. Disarm police. Place all firearms in a couple of strategic locations around their jurisdictions only to be issued once there was a verified shooter. This would save ALOT of lives Im on the fence with this one but if the police were forced to disarm they would do a much better job of minding their own business.

5. DIsqualify combat veterans from police service. PTSD is a horrible condition whose effects can be dormant for decades on top of being able of being hidden.

6. Disband all police unions.

7. Make any laws which are created for revenue generation unconstitutional. Theres actually a bill floating around to do just that - ill try and find a link

8. Disband private prisons.

9. Make it a federal offense for a jurisdiction to hire an officer who has been fired from another jurisdiction, as well as for that officer to even apply.

10. Mandatory monthly drug testing. Currently national police unions do a great job of keeping their officers from having to be tested. Steroid use is rampant among law enforcement and that is a very real threat to the citizenry.

Thoughts?

Assaulting is a bit dramatic don't you think?

Serious, what would have been so damn hard to pull out ID, and be on your way. maybe with a ticket. Cracks me up with the Police Mongering. That entire situation could have been easily avoided with a simple, " here you go mam ".....

He was riding illegally on a sidewalk.

It does not show who went after the camera......I would like to see the body cams.

remove guns or putting the guns in a safe would just make officers a target.

On 5/23/2016 at 11:53 PM, Sakari said:

Serious, what would have been so damn hard to pull out ID, and be on your way. maybe with a ticket. Cracks me up with the Police Mongering. That entire situation could have been easily avoided with a simple, " here you go mam ".....

It does not show who went after the camera......I would like to see the body cams.

In the article there is  a debate as to whether he was on the specific stretch of sidewalk in that town which it is illegal to ride in.

You're right the whole thing could have been subverted , well theoretically , had the victim simply submitted to the police.  That doesn't make the police right, nor does it make the act of submitting right. We have to stop submitting to small violations of the law and our rights because its convenient. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

We have to stop submitting to small violations of the law and our rights because its convenient. 

Are you a NRA member?

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Are you a NRA member?

No I am not. I currently own a couple of shotguns but they are in storage. With young sons and an extremely emotional wife Im not willing to have guns in the house. Im not sure how to say this without sounding like internet tough guy but Im pretty OK without having firearms around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

No I am not. I currently own a couple of shotguns but they are in storage. With young sons and an extremely emotional wife Im not willing to have guns in the house. Im not sure how to say this without sounding like internet tough guy but Im pretty OK without having firearms around. 

Nothing wrong with that.   I was just messing with you because your last sentence was almost word for word what I read in another thread.

• Like 1

The links don't work for me.  I'm guessing the new format is buggy?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The links don't work for me.  I'm guessing the new format is buggy?

Same here.   I'm just waiting it out and hoping it fixes itself.

On 5/23/2016 at 9:53 PM, Sakari said:

Let's step out of the forest and look at the trees for a moment: he should be stopped, checked and ticketed for riding on the sidewalk?

It may seem like an innocent act, but it is an act of conditioning and dare I say an act that shouldn't exist in a free society. To that extent I know where Farmer77 is going with this.

• Like 2

A law is a law... It is not the job of the officers to dictate when and where that law applies... it is their job to enforce that law... I cannot see the video because the link is bad... but if the suspect in question was breaking any law... and the officer asked for the ID... that's the end of the conversation. Don't bark about cops enforcing the law when a law is being broken...  If/When I am able to see the video, I may change my stance....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Myles said:

5 minutes ago, Dredimus said:

A law is a law... It is not the job of the officers to dictate when and where that law applies... it is their job to enforce that law... I cannot see the video because the link is bad... but if the suspect in question was breaking any law... and the officer asked for the ID... that's the end of the conversation. Don't bark about cops enforcing the law when a law is being broken...  If/When I am able to see the video, I may change my stance....

My gripe isnt even necessarily with the individual officers. It is with the very mindset that says its ok for an armed individual with no more than a high school diploma to confront a citizen for nothing more than riding a bicycle (particularly in a town where only one stretch of sidewalk is illegal to ride on) . The officer was doing what they thought was right. Its the system that taught them that mentality which is the real problem. 

A law is a law, im sure plenty of people have made themselves feel better about their actions over the centuries by repeating that same mantra. 

Edited by Farmer77

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

My gripe isnt even necessarily with the individual officers. It is with the very mindset that says its ok for an armed individual with no more than a high school diploma to confront a citizen for nothing more than riding a bicycle (particularly in a town where only one stretch of sidewalk is illegal to ride on) . The officer was doing what they thought was right. Its the system that taught them that mentality which is the real problem. 

A law is a law, im sure plenty of people have made themselves feel better about their actions over the centuries by repeating that same mantra. 

False statement for starters...  You have no idea what their educational background is... People fail to grasp the fact that these aren't just people they grab off the street and hand a badge and gun to there is a massive amount of training involved in being an officer and its not just physical. According to the FBI, 88% of law enforcement officers are college grads... the simple fact is, if you want to be promoted its pretty much a requirement. Stop stereo-typing and pushing the media view.

Now, for a real discussion on how to help officers complete their jobs... lets talk about the crap they go through on a day to day basis... lets talk about the mental fatigue that sets in after your 3rd month of 12-16 hour shifts because your department doesnt have enough officers to cover. Lets talk about being in fear for your life because of a flood of issues that are cropping up nation wide... lets talk about being put in the spotlight for doing your job... lets talk about being nationally demeaned because you fought for your life against a black thug... Our recruitment numbers are way low right now... who the hell would want to be a cop in this day and age when the media does its best to slam you for anything out of place? This story is a prime example... Why the hell are the cops made out to be the bad guy when the person in question was breaking the law?! When did the suspect become the victim?

People see this and go "Oh, well thats just some dude/chick riding a bike... so what if they were on the sidewalk... even though its illegal and posted..."  When an officer sees this... its a courtesy stop... "Hey guys... I need to grab your ID's, check you out. You are illegally riding on a side walk... Alright, thanks, yall have a good day"  Thats the way it should go 99% of the time.... but you have to stop and think... you have to put yourself in our shoes. We see illegal activity, make an effort to actually do our damn job, let these people off with a verbal notice... but when they resist on a situation like this we have to start asking more questions... "Ok, you were breaking the law, yet you dont want to show your ID. Are you wanted? Are you a felon in possession? Are you on parole? Are you doing something you shouldn't be doing? Why are you trying to impact the safety of those that legally track this section of walkway? "

Theres a whole lifestyle/set of issues there that most will never know until they wear the uniform and immerse themselves in to the job. I wish some one would accurately depict this in some documentary or something... but that wont happen. Cop/Robber action movies make to much money to burst that bubble...

Btw... I, as an officer, have 3 degrees.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Dredimus said:

False statement for starters...  You have no idea what their educational background is... People fail to grasp the fact that these aren't just people they grab off the street and hand a badge and gun to there is a massive amount of training involved in being an officer and its not just physical. According to the FBI, 88% of law enforcement officers are college grads... the simple fact is, if you want to be promoted its pretty much a requirement. Stop stereo-typing and pushing the media view.

Now, for a real discussion on how to help officers complete their jobs... lets talk about the crap they go through on a day to day basis... lets talk about the mental fatigue that sets in after your 3rd month of 12-16 hour shifts because your department doesnt have enough officers to cover. Lets talk about being in fear for your life because of a flood of issues that are cropping up nation wide... lets talk about being put in the spotlight for doing your job... lets talk about being nationally demeaned because you fought for your life against a black thug... Our recruitment numbers are way low right now... who the hell would want to be a cop in this day and age when the media does its best to slam you for anything out of place? This story is a prime example... Why the hell are the cops made out to be the bad guy when the person in question was breaking the law?! When did the suspect become the victim?

People see this and go "Oh, well thats just some dude/chick riding a bike... so what if they were on the sidewalk... even though its illegal and posted..."  When an officer sees this... its a courtesy stop... "Hey guys... I need to grab your ID's, check you out. You are illegally riding on a side walk... Alright, thanks, yall have a good day"  Thats the way it should go 99% of the time.... but you have to stop and think... you have to put yourself in our shoes. We see illegal activity, make an effort to actually do our damn job, let these people off with a verbal notice... but when they resist on a situation like this we have to start asking more questions... "Ok, you were breaking the law, yet you dont want to show your ID. Are you wanted? Are you a felon in possession? Are you on parole? Are you doing something you shouldn't be doing? Why are you trying to impact the safety of those that legally track this section of walkway? "

Theres a whole lifestyle/set of issues there that most will never know until they wear the uniform and immerse themselves in to the job. I wish some one would accurately depict this in some documentary or something... but that wont happen. Cop/Robber action movies make to much money to burst that bubble...

Btw... I, as an officer, have 3 degrees.

Im speaking to the lowest common denominator, the minimum standards for employment.

As for your training rant many states if not most require more hours of training from a hairdresser than from a police officer.  

I don't care about your shoes. I don't , you collect a paycheck to protect and serve and put your ass on the line. The fact that you have chosen a profession which has decided the public is the enemy is not my fault and it shouldnt be my problem.  I was hired as both a trooper and a PD officer but chose corrections so i wasnt put in the very situations you are discussing. Why? Because I knew that I could not do the job without turning into a paranoid animal. Unfortunately not enough people have the introspection i do. Eventually I decided I wanted to help people so went into EMS. 

To the bolded: you ARE aware that last year was one of the safest for police officers ever right? And that violence against police has been trending downward for years? All while police killed over 1200 people in this nation. There is no war against police, the police are waging war against the citizenry. 

EDit to ADD: Whats your excuse for the cameraman being taken down?

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

2015 one of safest years for police in a quarter century: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/04/police-deaths-2015-law-enforcement-safety

Police fatalities have steadily declined since 1970 https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/30/its-official-there-never-was-a-war-on-cops/

Numbers say no war on cops : http://www.npr.org/2015/09/17/441196546/is-there-a-war-on-police-the-statistics-say-no 

So there really is no excuse for the absurd and blatantly abusive behavior we have been witnessing across the nation. Other than the US vs THEM mentality which has festered into a full blown infection within law enforcement communities.  Thats probably why police unions across the nation have been pushing to ban the filming of police officers. 

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im speaking to the lowest common denominator, the minimum standards for employment.

As for your training rant many states if not most require more hours of training from a hairdresser than from a police officer.  

I don't care about your shoes. I don't , you collect a paycheck to protect and serve and put your ass on the line. The fact that you have chosen a profession which has decided the public is the enemy is not my fault and it shouldnt be my problem.  I was hired as both a trooper and a PD officer but chose corrections so i wasnt put in the very situations you are discussing. Why? Because I knew that I could not do the job without turning into a paranoid animal. Unfortunately not enough people have the introspection i do. Eventually I decided I wanted to help people so went into EMS. 

To the bolded: you ARE aware that last year was one of the safest for police officers ever right? And that violence against police has been trending downward for years? All while police killed over 1200 people in this nation. There is no war against police, the police are waging war against the citizenry. 

EDit to ADD: Whats your excuse for the cameraman being taken down?

As stated in my first post... I cant see the video cause the link is dead... it takes me to a 404.

And no... last year was not the safest for officers ever.. no where near it actually... 124 killed in the line of duty, not counting the nearly 60k that were injured due to assaults in the line of duty (both stats for 2015). You could care less about my walk, that's fine. But you are trumpeting the false side of a cause that is perpetuated by the media because it brings people to the channels. Just like with most things... lets look at the enticing part and forget about the reality.

1 minute ago, Dredimus said:

As stated in my first post... I cant see the video cause the link is dead... it takes me to a 404.

And no... last year was not the safest for officers ever.. no where near it actually... 124 killed in the line of duty, not counting the nearly 60k that were injured due to assaults in the line of duty (both stats for 2015). You could care less about my walk, that's fine. But you are trumpeting the false side of a cause that is perpetuated by the media because it brings people to the channels. Just like with most things... lets look at the enticing part and forget about the reality.

Read the links I posted. Yes it was one of the safest years in a quarter century. Whats really nuts is I dont watch mainstream media. The vast majority of the videos and cases I see are NEVER touched by national media and often arent even picked up by local TV. 

Edited by Farmer77

As a former cop, Hudson claims that most of the men and women that he served with actually joined the force with the intent of making their community a better place.

“On any given day, 15 percent of officers will do the right thing no matter what is happening. Fifteen percent of officers will abuse their authority at every opportunity. The remaining 70 percent could go either way depending upon who they are working with,” said Hudson, attributing the theory to his friend K.L. Williams, who has trained thousands of officers across the country on use of force.

That remaining 70 percent of officers are highly susceptible to the culture in a given department. In the absence of any real effort to challenge department cultures, they become part of the problem. If their command ranks are racist or allow institutional racism to persist, or if a number of officers in their department are racist, they may end up doing terrible things.

It is not only white officers who abuse their authority. The effect of institutional racism is such that no matter what color the officer abusing the citizen is, in the vast majority of those cases of abuse that citizen will be black or brown. That is what is allowed.

And no matter what an officer has done to a black person, that officer can always cover himself in the running narrative of heroism, risk, and sacrifice that is available to a uniformed police officer by virtue of simply reporting for duty.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ex-cop-americans-im-black-ex-cop-real-truth-race-policing/#C8cTrgMcQjUYUqDA.99

• Like 1