Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

12 MILLION Turks to head to UK

Professor Buzzkill

In the most extensive survey of its kind, almost 16 per cent of Turkish adults said they would consider re-locating to the UK once their country becomes a full member of the EU.

According to the poll, which saw more than 2,600 adults interviewed across all 27 provinces of Turkey, most of those keen to come to Britain are either unemployed or students, raising the prospect of a migrant influx which would place an unprecedented strain on the UK’s struggling public services, including the NHS.

Responding to the poll, the former shadow home secretary said: “You cannot blame young people who want a better life in Britain, but it will overwhelm our public services; it will have an extraordinarily depressing effect on wages and as a result it will cause real pain and penalties for the poorest in Britain."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/672563/Turkey-EU-Britain-exclusive-poll-crime-figures-Turks

Still want to remain in the EU?

• Like 3

this was in a poll of less than 3000 people.  

Do do you think if we massage the figures a bit more we might get a happy ending?

Actually, I think the numbers may be far too conservative.  If Erdogan remains as bent on Islamization of Turkey as he shown himself to be then more like a third or half may wish to bolt.

Edited by and then

16 minutes ago, and then said:

Actually, I think the numbers may be far too conservative.  If Erdogan remains as bent on Islamization of Turkey as he shown himself to be then more like a third or half may wish to bolt.

I guess that this leaves 17 million homes for Brits to move to Turkey

• Like 2

Just now, spud the mackem said:

I guess that this leaves 17 million homes for Brits to move to Turkey

I don't think they offer the same benefits Spud :blink:

• Like 1

Scary numbers, even worse it that many will come confusing tolerance with acceptance of costumes. 

1 minute ago, godnodog said:

Scary numbers, even worse it that many will come confusing tolerance with acceptance of costumes. 

I'm not sure I understood that godnodog.  Could you please explain?

Oh didn't you know - Cameron has said they won't be joining for a hundred years at least -- -- 

well that's what he's saying now (to the British audience) - but after the EU referendum he will probably adjust his estimation -- :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Considering that Dodgy Dave is the foremost proponent of Turkey joining the EU (UK alone spent 200million pounds last year to ease their accession to become EU members) then he is clearly lying to us all.. again. I think he actually said it would not  be until ad3000. Hmmm, Dodgy Dave - does that mean the UK will have then spent 200Billion pounds to help them become a member? Wonder where else this money could have been spent

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Grey Area said:

this was in a poll of less than 3000 people.  

Do do you think if we massage the figures a bit more we might get a happy ending?

I think you may be on to something. Why would anyone in their right mind choose to live in the UK instead of a beautiful, war-torn Middle-Eastern Arab state?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I think you may be on to something. Why would anyone in their right mind choose to live in the UK instead of a beautiful, war-torn Middle-Eastern Arab state?

Look I am pro-Brexit, but you have to realise that a survey that sampled less than 0.004% of the population then applied it to a general sweeping conclusion is going to have such a large margin of error it can only be propaganda.

add into that there are plenty of other western countries that are desirable, and that the majority of the ones that stated they wanted to leave were young people and students.  Ask any students in the UK whether they would like to go and live abroad, most will probably say yes, fast forward 10 years and see how many actually made the transition?

And then there's the little point about Turkey being a war torn country?  Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Then add into that the fact that even if we don't Brexit, there will be no Shengen agreement, these Turks will have to go through standard British immigration procedure.

Edited by Grey Area

Just another Muslim ploy to invade the West (?)

Our resp. governments bare no blame, just like with the whole refugee crisis. Or.. well.. maybe they do, but lets just keep it simple and focus on Islam as the culprit here.. like we do with everything that is even remotely related.. shall we? I mean, were on a roll here.

Maybe, maybe our leaders are in fact secret Muzzies, consciously opening the EU gates to Turkey in an effort to unleash the Ottoman hordes unto Europe.

Regardless who is to blame, there can be no doubt that what is unfolding is a crime perpetrated on the native citizens of Europe.  Casually shrugging off the hatred, superiority and violence of the mostly young Muslim men who are coming in waves is just another example of dissimulation and misdirection.  No one is buying it anymore.  The recent Austrian election - and the reaction of the political class to it make that clear.  Far Right parties will begin to rule in Europe as a result of the unfettered immigration and it's consequences.  THEN the citizens will deal with the intruders in a less democratic or diplomatic way.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

Regardless who is to blame, there can be no doubt that what is unfolding is a crime perpetrated on the native citizens of Europe.  Casually shrugging off the hatred, superiority and violence of the mostly young Muslim men who are coming in waves is just another example of dissimulation and misdirection.  No one is buying it anymore.  The recent Austrian election - and the reaction of the political class to it make that clear.  Far Right parties will begin to rule in Europe as a result of the unfettered immigration and it's consequences.  THEN the citizens will deal with the intruders in a less democratic or diplomatic way.  

At least no one can say they didn't try it democratically first.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Look I am pro-Brexit, but you have to realise that a survey that sampled less than 0.004% of the population then applied it to a general sweeping conclusion is going to have such a large margin of error it can only be propaganda.

add into that there are plenty of other western countries that are desirable, and that the majority of the ones that stated they wanted to leave were young people and students.  Ask any students in the UK whether they would like to go and live abroad, most will probably say yes, fast forward 10 years and see how many actually made the transition?

And then there's the little point about Turkey being a war torn country?  Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Then add into that the fact that even if we don't Brexit, there will be no Shengen agreement, these Turks will have to go through standard British immigration procedure.

By that logic, damn near every poll in history falls under "propaganda". How many 500,000+ participant polls do you come across?

• Like 2

On 5/23/2016 at 0:15 AM, and then said:

I'm not sure I understood that godnodog.  Could you please explain?

Some people think that tolerance is acceptance to everything, even peaceful acceptance to have their local traditions replaced by outsiders. For example some news from the UK stated that in some area local muslims want sharia laws in cases that between muslims, which in my opinion in something that cannot be tolerated under no circunstance!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

By that logic, damn near every poll in history falls under "propaganda". How many 500,000+ participant polls do you come across?

You are catching on, can you put your hand on your heart and say you 100% trust the results of a poll?

14 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

You are catching on, can you put your hand on your heart and say you 100% trust the results of a poll?

No, but there is an accepted margin of error calculation for polls. This is why election polls near election day accurately predict the results despite less than 1/10th of 1 percent of participants being polled. 

Even without the Turks, or any other of the new future EU members joining the current level of immigration to the UK is out of control. David Cameron promised us has prime minister he'd get immigration down to the tens of thousands. - well he's been unable to do it, in short he lied. figures out today.

apparently over the same time period, The ONS figures estimate that net migration for EU citizens was 184,000. Yet there were 630,000 National Insurance number registrations by EU nationals.

Net migration to UK rises to 333,000 - second highest on record

The last figures to be released before the Referendum.

Net migration to the UK rose to 333,000 in 2015, according to the Office for National Statistics. also included in a separate report by the ONS was population projection - an extra 4.6million people over the next decade.

The net figure is the number of people moving to the UK for at least a year, less the number leaving the UK.

New figures out today show net migration to the UK rose to 333,000 in 2015 - way above the Conservatives' 2010 manifesto goal of delivering annual net migration "in the tens of thousands, not the hundreds of thousands".

Speaking to BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg, Mr Johnson said it was "cynical and unacceptable to say you can fulfil that pledge".

"I think that they (the figures) show the scandal of the promise made by politicians repeatedly that they could cut immigration to the tens of thousands and then to throw their hands up in the air and say there's nothing we can do because Brussels has taken away our control of immigration."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Even without the Turks, or any other of the new future EU members joining the current level of immigration to the UK is out of control. David Cameron promised us has prime minister he'd get immigration down to the tens of thousands. - well he's been unable to do it, in short he lied. figures out today.

apparently over the same time period, The ONS figures estimate that net migration for EU citizens was 184,000. Yet there were 630,000 National Insurance number registrations by EU nationals.

Even the BBC couldn't ignore this one.

Apparently Cameron couldn't find a camera to respond though, even though he's at the G7 with the world media in attendance.

Jean-Claude Juncker's view... it's an acceptable price for being part of the EU.

If that isn't a convincing argument for those who still think remaining in the EU is a good idea, then I don't think anything will convince them to see reason.

• Like 1

The National dish of Britain used to be Fish & Chips , then the Indians arrived and it became Curry ,so if the Turks come in shall we have to change it to Kebabs, We have a Kebab shop in my town already, run by 2 Turks they must be the Spearhead.

• Like 1

Why doesn't those 12 million stay and forge a better country for themselves?  At the very least break off and form a new country?

• Like 4

19 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Why doesn't those 12 million stay and forge a better country for themselves?  At the very least break off and form a new country?

Because we live in a age of entitlement. These people don't have to do what our forefathers did and actually fight for rights and freedoms in their homelands, No we live in the era of Human Rights, which means as we've witnessed by the migrant crisis in Europe where over 70% are Economic migrants with no right whatsoever but each and everyone of them think its their human right to be allowed into countries such as the UK without question.

• Like 2

i think the obvious problem here is that islam and western civilization dont mix. turkey is not an arabic country. it was part of the roman empire until the 1300's. what i would like to see is the reclamation of the levant states, north egypt, and turkey as western civilization and force those sharia law lovers back into the arabian peninsula whence they came.

• Like 1