Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1 out of 5 stars

I keep hearing this statistic online "1 out of ever 5 stars has an earth like planet orbiting it in its Goldilocks Zone"

is that true? Or is that just some internet nonsense?

Google this phrase:     '1 out of every 5 stars has an earth like planet orbiting it'

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

I was more interested in if there was really anything to it, but if yuns want to be Douchey *******s about it, that's cool too.. lol

;EDIT;

All joking aside though, this is my own fault. I tried to have a conversation with people on a web forum(**** me, right?). Obviously, I must have been high or something because I had forgotten the two things a web forum is actually for.. 

1. Retarded memes
2. d******* comments

These two pseudo intellectuals do raise a valid point though(even if it's entirely by accident). What's the reasoning behind having this forum when we can just ask the all knowing Google? 
Why go through the motions of trying to have an interesting conversation with other people and get their thoughts and opinions?  

By their own logic, everyone here(including them) are stupid for being here when we can just bypass the "Human Experience" and ask the mighty computer for all the answers.. XD

by their logic, this whole forum is useless and we are all fools for useing it, so **** it. Let's just delete it... lol
Edited by Midyin
  • Like 1

I would think not, there being many different kinds of stars with different sizes, temperatures, lifetimes. it seems not many having earth-like planets orbiting them.

HR diagram.jpg

57452a75ec6f3_HRdiagram.jpg.6e1b5fed22c5

10 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

I would think not, there being many different kinds of stars with different sizes, temperatures, lifetimes. it seems not many having earth-like planets orbiting them.

HR diagram.jpg

That's what I was thinking, but supossidly NASA said that whole "1 out of ever 5 stars has an earth like planet orbiting it." But I have also seen Michio Kaku sited as a source too, so I don't know where this saying actually stems from.. 

It sounds like BS, but seems to be from two reputable sources, so... I don't know..

Edited by Midyin
  • Like 1