Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamacare sticker shock: Price hikes are on

danielost

Obamacare plan customers should brace for sticker shock when the administration posts insurers' preliminary rate requests for 2017 this week. 

Health plans are asking for sharp price increases, after suffering big losses on exchanges in the last two years. Regulators caution that these are preliminary requests and final rates could a lot different.

Insurers cite rising drug costs and patients who utilize a lot of medical services for the price-hike requests, which range from 17 percent in New York, and more than 20 percent in Virginia, to 30 percent rate increase requests from Oregon's largest insurers

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/healthcare/obamacare-sticker-shock-price-hikes-are-on-the-way/ar-BBtnQ8N?ocid=spartandhp

how long before the gov. has to take it over.

• Like 2

Insurance companies are even lower than lawyers, in my book. Only out for themselves every moment of every day. If drug costs are rising so high, why do we see drug companies themselves advertising for ways of getting people help in obtaining their drug?

• Like 2

If the drugs were really that costly, then old folks wouldn't be able to take buses over the borders and get them much cheaper. It's simple price gouging. When no limits are set on what can be charged, this is what happens. The market doesn't care if your grandparents have to choose between food and medicine.

• Like 3

as I have said in the past.  the usa pays for the meds of everyone on the planet.  besides if you live in an interior state you can't cross the border to get meds.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, danielost said:

as I have said in the past.  the usa pays for the meds of everyone on the planet. 

I wasn't aware that the US is supposed to pay for my meds. Where do I go to get my money back ? 

• Like 3

Without competition in a free market system this is what tends to happen...things become hellishly expensive when the government has total control.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I wasn't aware that the US is supposed to pay for my meds. Where do I go to get my money back ? 

your country has a price block all countries except the usa has a price block.  so the med companies can't make a priofit there so they raise the price here so you can have your meds.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:38 AM, ChaosRose said:

If the drugs were really that costly, then old folks wouldn't be able to take buses over the borders and get them much cheaper. It's simple price gouging. When no limits are set on what can be charged, this is what happens. The market doesn't care if your grandparents have to choose between food and medicine.

if the usa limited the price on meds the whole world would be short on meds.  some meds wouldn't exist.  as an example, Clinton limited the amount we would pay for flu shots in 1999.  as a result, the usa ran out in 2000.  good thing we had left overs from the previous year.

Just now, danielost said:

if the usa limited the price on meds the whole world would be short on meds.  some meds wouldn't exist.  as an example, Clinton limited the amount we would pay for flu shots in 1999.  as a result, the usa ran out in 2000.  good thing we had left overs from the previous year.

So what you're saying is there are a ton of people in  this nation who don't get the healthcare they need because they cant afford it. Are you saying thats a good thing? 

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So what you're saying is there are a ton of people in  this nation who don't get the healthcare they need because they cant afford it. Are you saying thats a good thing? 

no, just a fact.  besides that is what Obamacare is supposed to solve.  in the long run it won't.

• Like 1

it was supposed to solve the problem of unpaid bills, now we all chip in to pay for those bills, it was never designed to make your healthcare better or more affordable,  cailing it affordable care was a simple act of misdirection, and deception, now most starting to see it for what it is.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

So wait, you are complaining about price gouging by American drug manufacturers and American insurance companies and it's Obama's fault?  

• Like 3

he is actually the least guilty one. he only put his name on it, but it was written by medical cartel who got our gvmnt by the balls, and makes it do everything that they want.  and he is the top guy in the gvmnt, so yea he deserves some blame, it did happen on his watch.

oh he did say you can keep your policy, didn't he? we all know how it turned out,

• Like 2

Thanks for answering that Aztek it was actually directed at Danielost.

No worries I went to edit it but you had already posted.

13 hours ago, danielost said:

as I have said in the past.  the usa pays for the meds of everyone on the planet.  besides if you live in an interior state you can't cross the border to get meds.

Where on earth do you get this nonsense from?

10 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Where on earth do you get this nonsense from?

Well, that is not too far fetched, because the US is one of the countries with the highest prescription drug prices, but as this study from the 1970s shows: that has nothing to do with Obamacare. It is systemic.

• Like 2

The USA also allows the likes of Martin Shkreli to raise prices from $13.50 per pill to $750.00 per pill. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, danielost said:

They have to make new flu shots every year because viruses mutate.

19 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

So wait, you are complaining about price gouging by American drug manufacturers and American insurance companies and it's Obama's fault?  

Maybe not the drug manufacturers, but forcing people buy insurance is certainly the main reason for the increase in the price of insurance premiums. Before they had to make their premiums affordable if they wanted to sell policies. Now that you have to have insurance what incentive do companies have to lower premiums?

Edited by Bama13
spelling
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

They have to make new flu shots every year because viruses mutate.

I know.

2 hours ago, Bama13 said: Now that you have to have insurance what incentive do companies have to lower premiums?

Do you not see how awful it is that a company requires an incentive to be ethical?

Insurance companies, just like Martin Shkreli, raise their prices because they can.

• Like 1

Dang. I think messed up the quote. Sorry bama. This is what I was responding to:

" Now that you have to have insurance what incentive do companies have to lower premiums?"