Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychosis And Demon Voices - A Guide

niceguy22

-------------------------------------------------
Introduction

The following is a list of things people with psychosis or auditory hallucinations may experience. The voices people hear are often thought of as ghosts, angels, demons or extraterrestrial beings that are telepathically communicating with the living by the people experiencing mental health problems. 

The purpose is so that people know and understand the common tactics or mind games used by these voices to put them in a negative state. This way people can understand when a certain thing is happening to them, try to avoid it and remain positive. 

I have had psychosis for 4+ years now and it has always seemed like external or spiritual forces communicating with my mind rather than a problem with my own mind which my family, friends and doctors believe. By analyzing what the voices are doing and understanding the tactics they are using i can now handle mental health problems a lot better and focus on reality much better than in the past.

I hope this will help other people that have experienced similar problems and they will be able to become more positive with these tips.

Tactics Of Voices

Voices can only read your memories alone, they will try to make you think of negative things from the past to bring up bad emotions, try to forget about them, its the past now.

Voices have the option to use Audio DSP, by this i mean they can change the pitch, tone or gender or even become non human sounding, if you realize what they are capable of you fear them less.

Voices will try to rhyme or link nice or regular words with something negative. This is because they want you to think that negative thoughts every time you hear the normal words in life.

Voices will try to over hype everything, for example make you worried about your health when it is probably fine, it can be easy to over worry when there are problems, try to relax and remain calm.

Voices will eventually figure out words and past events that upset you and constantly keep talking about them, know that this is one of the main ways they can upset, learn to not pay any attention.

When you first hear voices you might believe the story's you hear, this is because you are trustworthy, the voices are trying to trick you into communicating and believe lies.

Don't ever consider following voices orders even if they offer you rewards because it's just negative tricks and any commands that seem ok at first will get gradually worse and more negative.

Don't get angry or fearful, this just makes things worse resulting in overwhelmed negative emotions and is exactly what voices want, if you start getting upset try to calm down.

Dont ever feel guilty about anything you know you haven't said or thought, once they have said something bad they will try to convince you that you said it.

Voices will always try to make you doubt yourself, feel scared, anxious or get angry. Learn to know when its happening and change your mood.

Voices will try to make you feel you have been blasphemous, you haven't they are and they want you to take the blame.

If you have thought negative thoughts, know they persuade you to think that way so you can be convinced into it and it's not as bad as you think because you were just tricked by them.

Voices will try to convince you that you are Jesus etc or someone special, your normal, they are trying to make you blasphemous, egotistical or give you spiritual delusions.

Voices will try to convince you that they are someone special like the devil or demon names that you know about, however bad they seem they probably aren't.

Voices will talk about people who have passed over or your no longer in contact with and claim to be them. This is because they think you will believe the story they tell you as you can't prove them wrong.

Voices will claim they are going to hurt you, they can't much unless you are vulnerable (Trying to sleep, ill or upset etc) and it will usually just be slight pains, know you are safe.

Voices will try to make you harm yourself or worse, don't ever do that, it's a sin to, why let somthing negative get what they want.

Voices will get angry when you have been ignoring them, if they raise there voices or scream at you know that its because they want you to focus on them, don't.

Voices will try to stop any positive plans you have like visiting friends etc, it can be hard to do certain activity's and get tempted not to but try to force yourself to do positive things.

Voices will try to make you focus on them, if you do you can just be standing around or laying in bed etc for ages, try to notice when this happens and snap out of it then learn to stop doing it.

Voices will complement you on occasions, they are probably trying to trick you into communicating with them again, instead just be greatful for the complements and keep avoiding talking to them.

Voices will try to make you go back to bad habits you have quit like smoking etc, even if you don't hear the voices it's them trying to convince you it's a good idea because they know it hurts you.

Voices will try to convince you to be negative, even if you don't hear the voices and you think or do something wrong it's them behind it, if you do they will then try to make you feel guilty after.

Voices will try to convince you that you are the only person to experience them, lots of people have psychosis and other common mental health problems so never feel alone.

Voices will distract you from communication by saying negative things about them or things to upset you. This is to make you focus on them and avoid people, focus on the real world as much as possible.

Voices will try to convince you that people think certain things about you, say things about you or can hear your thoughts etc, they can't and don't.

Voices will try to make you mistrustful of others, usually after you have been in contact with someone then they will start talking about them. If your friends with someone you should trust them.

Voices will be judgmental of people you see by saying things like old, fat or worse. This is because they want your mind to get to the point where it naturally starts doing it and make you negative.

Voices will try to give you phobias or fears by telling you a list of negative possibilities that could happen when confronted with something. Tell yourself these are unlikely and don't believe them.

Voices will try to give you OCD by telling you to constantly repeat an action like check a tap is off or a door is locked, learn to notice your original actions and reassure yourself you did it once.

Voices will try to give you appetite loss or weight gain because the make you depressed and are either putting you off a sensible diet or you look to food for comfort, try to stick to regular meals.

Voices will try to make you depressed, this is because they want to tempt you into becoming as negative and upset as possible, the more negative you think the worse it gets, don't let them win.

Voices will ask 'What if' questions all the time, they are hoping that you will answer them or go into wondering about what they said. Don't let them manipulate your thought process, think of nice things.

Tips For Voices

If you have voices from psychosis you can witness what people without it would call guilt, paranoia or anxiety and how it really works. Everyone has these voices but they just can't clearly hear them.

Learn to analyse common tactics of the voices like this list does, once you know the methods used they will be less effective on you.

Try not to communicate by talking in your mind, voices will later tap into a deeper mental voice then make it seem as if you are still talking with thoughts.

If your not saying anything in your mind but voices try to make you talk with thoughts, know it's possible thoughts and not what you would really choose to say, it's them being negative.

Replace negative words with positive words, even if they say something disturbing try to then think of something nice like jesus after.

If you ever visualize the voices them think of them as something nice like cats rather than demons.

If you ever visualize the voices place things that comfort you around them (Positive symbols, cute animals etc).

Try to be free of sin, if you do your just a normal person, voices will try to make you dwell on your mistakes so the less you make the less negative things they can say.

Try not to listen to or watch anything negative, when you do it's just more negative content they can talk about.

Use positive mantras, for example you could occasionally something positive like 'Peace and love' or if you are christian you could say 'Jesus'.

If you visualize images in your minds eye you may experience negative images appearing and them a voice after blaming you for what you could see, the voice placed it there and they want you to feel guilt.

If you can't stop thinking about things or keep going round in a loop of thoughts you are experiencing a mental health problem called 'Flight of ideas'. Hopefully these tips will help you with this.

Nightmares / Lucid Dreams / Sleep Hallucinations

When you have dreams or sleep hallucinations know it's just mental images rather than with you in reality, you are safe.

With dreams, sleep hallucinations or paralysis you can be overwhelmed with an emotion like intense fear when you wake, this can be normal, you are safe.

Once you start hearing voices (psychosis) nightmares are common after, when you have them and remember what happened try to overwrite the negative parts by visualizing more positive things.

When you have lucid dreams know you are always safe even if a creature was to try and attack you, nothing bad will happen in reality.

When you have lucid dreams that turn negative, try to visualize more positive things, if there are faces that look angry for example think of them smiling instead.

Certain medications like zopiclone can increase hallucinations, if they are getting negative try to stop the medication involved (Reduce gradually to avoid withdrawl problems).

When you have hallucinations and see peoples faces, demons or creatures then learn to ignore it rather than wondering who or what they are.

Night can be the worst time of the day (Voices, nightmares, hallucinations, sleep paralysis etc), try methods to get to sleep like a comfortable position, try to clear the mind etc.

Sleep paralysis dreams are when you see a room similar to your own which are accompanied by the feeling of being dragged off the bed or the room spinning and fear, this is just mind games to scare you.

Paralysis visitations are when you are resting and become frozen then see a person or hear voices from psychosis in a much more realistic way, when you return to normal you will feel fear but don't worry.

Paralysis visitation attacks are when you become frozen and a voice will be screaming at you in a loud overdriven way. The voice is worried your becoming positive and is trying to shock you, don't fear them.

Guilt dreams are when you are shown things relating to negative things or sins you have done in the past. These are shock tactics and if you no longer sin don't worry and just remember it was past events.

Life Tips

Socialize, visit friends, talk to family etc.

Visit church etc, faith in something positive will help you.

Go to the gym, keeping your body healthy will help your mind also.

Go for a walk, get fresh air, focus on reality.

Eat as healthy as possible, being vegan is good. 

Take care of your personal hygiene, wash, change clothes and clean your home.

Certain things in foods and drinks like the spice Turmeric, Blueberries, Omega 3 (Flaxseed Oil) and Green Tea etc are good for the brain (Neurogenesis).

Drink a good amount of water or something healthy like a smoothie.

If you do, stop or limit drinking caffine, alcohol, smoking or taking drugs. These will just make your health and mind worse possibly causing more problems.

Go to bed at a sensible time like 11pm and get up early when you have had a good nights sleep.

Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can help with a range of mental health problems like psychosis.

When you are feeling negative think about something that makes you happy like family, friends, religion or a holiday etc you once had. This will make you more positive.

Mind Tips

If you are ever feeling negative or anxious force a smile even if you are not happy, this makes you more positive and decreases stress.

Distract your mind, when you have nothing to do then voices are worse (Books, puzzles, board games, nice tv shows or films etc).

If you are anxious you may do things like grind teeth, shake your legs, scratch, pinch yourself etc, learn to realize when you are doing this and stop.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• niceguy22

• ShadowBoy86x

• DeeSember

• tracy18

OK, that was a bit long to read. TLDR: To avoid the bad, clean living is a good thing. ;) Got it.

Yes, indeed it was a log but interesting read and well worth the reading.  However, I have to say that I have never heard "voices" as such in my head, although I do feel that I am receiving impulses to do this or go there and so on.  This I see as something positive for every time I follow the really strong impulses, I do so with great caution just in case it might be leading me into something negative.  So far, such impulses, while not being all that frequent have always been positive in the sense of my thinking "my goodness! if I had not obeyed that sudden impulse I would never have met that marvelous person who has since become a close friend!" or, if I had not taken a different rout to such.and-such a place I would never have had this or that positive experience.  I really feel that I am being guided when I most need it and never feel sudden urges to do anything negative or hurtful.  These impulses always come to me without "voices".  I would really like to know of other people who feel the same way as I do.

On 5/25/2016 at 0:19 PM, Lonecat said:

Yes, indeed it was a log but interesting read and well worth the reading.  However, I have to say that I have never heard "voices" as such in my head, although I do feel that I am receiving impulses to do this or go there and so on.  This I see as something positive for every time I follow the really strong impulses, I do so with great caution just in case it might be leading me into something negative.  So far, such impulses, while not being all that frequent have always been positive in the sense of my thinking "my goodness! if I had not obeyed that sudden impulse I would never have met that marvelous person who has since become a close friend!" or, if I had not taken a different rout to such.and-such a place I would never have had this or that positive experience.  I really feel that I am being guided when I most need it and never feel sudden urges to do anything negative or hurtful.  These impulses always come to me without "voices".  I would really like to know of other people who feel the same way as I do.

I believe it's something like the classic shoulder angels and demons concept where you are tempted by both positive and negative forces. Then for people with psychosis they hear an audible version of the demons as clear as a real voice and schizophrenia they don't always hear a clear voice but they are starting to notice it more than regular people would. I am glad that you are experiencing positive things, this would be the angels positive suggestions guiding you if this theory was correct.

Hey NG22,  (and welcome to UMF  :) )

Is this a compendium from a source , or your own experience.

if it is your own experience, well done navigating through it and coming to some understanding .

Also, if it is based on experience, I cannot overstress the importance of what is contained in this short document -

it broaches on some of the things you mention  ( and actions towards a 'cure' ) ,  in a similar vein but is scientific and empirical, written by a psychiatrist that had a wider view than that common today.

http://www.theisticpsychology.org/books/w.vandusen/presence_spirits.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that was an interesting read about voices! I have been contemplating for a long time whether to believe or not in demons and demonic possessions. Even I feel it has more to do with mental health problems. As for the video above, it seems fake. I have seen tons of videos with people faking demonic possession.   

• 1 month later...
On May 24, 2016 at 4:56 PM, DeeSember said:

OK, that was a bit long to read. TLDR: To avoid the bad, clean living is a good thing. ;) Got it.

Thats what you have to say? <_<