Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can this be explained

JB32

Who can explain what is happening in this picture ? The person had lost her long term Husband, suddenly, which left her deeply distressed of course. Many months went by as her Family struggled to get her to get out and about amongst Friends etc. It was suggested that she took part in a fun fancy dress party. Eventually she was persuaded to go as `wee willy` dressed in night ware apparel holding a candle as seen in the picture. Cameras were flashing throughout and this `shot was taken twice within a few seconds. The second shot was the one shown here, the first shot there was no sign of anything but the person.

SPIRIT.jpg

SPIRIT.jpg.32f73fec6b4170f7ea829e7d61e49

• Like 1

I really don't know. What's your take on it?

I expect it was the camera strap very close to the lens, out of focus.

• Like 9

Looks like something closer to the lens like string or something

• Like 2

Yes, I agree that this COULD be the camera's cord-strap hanging  in front of the objective but this is not necessarily the case.  We are told that two shots were made in quick succession.  It is improbable that the camera strap or cord could fall over the objective lens so quiclly without being blurred.  On the other hand, anomalous light-intrusions appear in nanoseconds, literally "as quick as lightning" or even faster.  I know because I have taken pictures in which such intrusions appear which cannot be cameras straps.  I think this picture that we are examing now must be placed on the back burner for the time being.  It would be of help if the original photographer were to post the "other" shot. as well.

Just now, Lonecat said:

Yes, I agree that this COULD be the camera's cord-strap hanging  in front of the objective but this is not necessarily the case.  We are told that two shots were made in quick succession.  It is improbable that the camera strap or cord could fall over the objective lens so quiclly without being blurred.  On the other hand, anomalous light-intrusions appear in nanoseconds, literally "as quick as lightning" or even faster.  I know because I have taken pictures in which such intrusions appear which cannot be cameras straps.  I think this picture that we are examing now must be placed on the back burner for the time being.  It would be of help if the original photographer were to post the "other" shot. as well.

All is thought is All is Thought...

Both are a possibility, I agree. The other photo would definitely help too. The OP did say "within a few seconds too" more than enough time for a strap to fall in the way so that's what I think is more likely right now.

Edited by A_Maine96

7 hours ago, PurpleStuart said:

I expect it was the camera strap very close to the lens, out of focus.

That's exactly what it looks like. It's either that or something similar, a necklace or loose bracelet. 

I used to take photos as a hobby, the strap can move across the lens pretty quickly.

• Like 1

I agree with others here, it looks like a strap or necklace (or even a loose hair) got in front of the lens.

• Like 1

Im not saying its a demon but,

Its a demonB)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lonecat said:

We are told that ..........

exactly right, we ARE TOLD the story, doesnt make the story true. I was told a story about Jack and the Beanstalk.... turns out that was nonsense... and why no source links???

• Like 1

Definitely something right in front of the lens, seen this many times before

• Like 2

It is something directly in front of the camera lens. Most likely the camera cord. It's definitely not anything paranormal. 

• Like 3

100% camera strap

• Like 2

Thank you all for taking time to try to solve this mystery. I think you are right it being something hanging in front of the lense> I don't have access to the other `Clear` picture, but it was taken by a Film camera some years ago, not the new digital type, so it stands to reason each take entails the camera being `wound` on; rather than the ability to just keep pressing the button. The strap could have fallen in front as the camera was put to the eye again. Also the person was at a fancy dress ball and the photographer could have been dressed in something with tassels ? 

Take care. Kind regards to you all.

Edited by JB32
  • Like 1

Yeah, doesn't have to be the strap (although that's most common) but as you said, maybe tassels ot some other article of clothing.

In my opinion, It's neither a strap or tassels or anything similar, which dangled in front of the camera in the photograph.

Upon looking closely, the white kind of oval shape starts strongly at the left from the women's head, and apparently after it formed an oval like shape it's quite thin and faint, when it joined the starting point.

I am not saying it could be paranormal, but neither would I completely disregard it as anything paranormal. There is possibility the oval like shape appeared during processing, or either by mishandling of the negatives or photograph.

I wonder where is our photograph expert Chrlzs? Maybe he can either correct us, or perhaps agree to some extent.

another...

Brazil22PlasmaSpiralRoundway1999.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, seeder said:

another...

Brazil22PlasmaSpiralRoundway1999.jpg

Now that's a ghost.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vlawde said:

20150623_020739-1940x1091.jpg

I fail to see the connection? or is it a moment of immaturity from you?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hudds said:

I fail to see the connection? or is it a moment of immaturity from you?

haha a MOMENT of immaturity? Me?   At any rate, you asked where is our photograph expert Chrlzs? I was sending out the batsignal to summon them! ;) 

• Like 2