Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in

bubblykiss

3 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

Yup I am

So no more than that? You're not worried about the fact that Clinton is a disaster that we know will happen, but you are that Trump probably will be? I'm not sure that's logical. :mellow:

Trump has already convinced me he would be a disaster by what he says and what he's done. Hilary ain't no saint, but for me, better her than him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vlawde said:

Trump has already convinced me he would be a disaster by what he says and what he's done. Hilary ain't no saint, but for me, better her than him

\that makes no sense. Trump may have said things; clinton has already caused very much harm. Why is that not so bad? it's illogical. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

So no more than that? You're not worried about the fact that Clinton is a disaster that we know will happen, but you are that Trump probably will be? I'm not sure that's logical. :mellow:

Trump's ideas are so bad, it must call into question in some peoples' minds (Democrats, particularly) which of the two disasters they'd like best.

• Like 2

On 26-5-2016 at 9:44 AM, and then said:

Should Trump actually win I think the Left will go into full meltdown. 

Just the left? lol. Everyone with an average or above iq would be unhappy, to say the least, if Trump got president. Just kill us all P. Diddy, don't make us vote for Trump or Hillary.

• Like 2

To Stephen King and those hundreds of authors...

So what?  It doesn't matter what you say, you're opinion is no more or less important than anyone else's.  If you don't like Trump, all you can do is not vote for him and vote for Shrillary, though she's a disaster of a human being and does not have the country's best interests in mind.  And if you don't like that, nothing is keeping you in this country.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2016 at 7:31 AM, Farmer77 said:

Good. So now what? Clearly clinton isnt a suitable candidate either. 2016 is rapidly becoming the year everyone learned American elections are a sham. 

For many of us, Gary Johnson, and taking other steps to distance yourself from the bubble reality of a White House universe.  

Don't eat what they tell you to eat, don't buy into what they're selling, keep questioning how they're spending the money, and join independent political organizations of whatever the stripe.   Make some road trips and take some action however small.

Texas Rangers can handle the FLDS, Utah can handle the good Mormons, Ohio can handle Ohioan cannabis, and there's another example just like these for every "issue" under God's golden sun.   Try me.   I bet cannabis plants would grow quite well in OH if planted outdoors in mid-July.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

So what?  It doesn't matter what you say, you're opinion is no more or less important than anyone else's.  If you don't like Trump, all you can do is not vote for him and vote for Shrillary, though she's a disaster of a human being and does not have the country's best interests in mind.  And if you don't like that, nothing is keeping you in this country.

So all you can do is vote.  Vote or nothing.   Don't like it, leave.  That's the problem with black and white proposals.   There's no command of the grey.

Wow, where was a letter like that when slaves were picking cotton in 1860 Georgia? Sad part is, it appears to be damned if we do vote, and damned if we don't vote this election year.

I don't think they have any such pretention. But they are no doubt influencial figures in the literary community. Their many followers may wish to know what their favorite authors think about the current political situation and the controversial candidacy of Donald Trump.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

On 5/29/2016 at 1:48 PM, Yamato said:

So all you can do is vote.  Vote or nothing.   Don't like it, leave.  That's the problem with black and white proposals.   There's no command of the grey.

You are right in that there are only two options, vote, or not vote. There isn't any grey in that.

However for those who decide to vote.... who we should vote for definitely still is up to debate.

9 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

You are right in that there are only two options, vote, or not vote. There isn't any grey in that.

However for those who decide to vote.... who we should vote for definitely still is up to debate.

Yes, to be allowed to "choose" whoever the Party has decided will be the next Leader is hardly how democracy is supposed to work, is it. it's how it worked in the USSR.

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Well I'm ready to put Gary Johnson's ideas up against Donald Trump's ideas and Hillary Clinton's ideas to debate that decision.

Since you swing Trump, what do you need, what do you think you're going to get that you need?   Waterboarding Plus, a 650 ship Navy and The Wall?

On 6/1/2016 at 1:18 AM, Yamato said:

Well I'm ready to put Gary Johnson's ideas up against Donald Trump's ideas and Hillary Clinton's ideas to debate that decision.

Since you swing Trump, what do you need, what do you think you're going to get that you need?   Waterboarding Plus, a 650 ship Navy and The Wall?

I did read up on Johnson, which is why I know he's a former governor. Almost no one I talk to about him knows anything about him, other then he's running as a Libertarian, and so that means he must support legalized drugs. I don't think that the Libertarian Party should be pigeon holed as the party of Legalized Drugs, but to your average voter, that is what it is.

If the libertarians ever want to really get off the ground, they need to work on their image on a GIANT national scale. Because being the party of legal drugs just isn't going to bring all those middle American voters to roost.

7 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I did read up on Johnson, which is why I know he's a former governor. Almost no one I talk to about him knows anything about him, other then he's running as a Libertarian, and so that means he must support legalized drugs. I don't think that the Libertarian Party should be pigeon holed as the party of Legalized Drugs, but to your average voter, that is what it is.

If the libertarians ever want to really get off the ground, they need to work on their image on a GIANT national scale. Because being the party of legal drugs just isn't going to bring all those middle American voters to roost.

That sounded just like Ann Coulter.   Libertarians are more diverse than potheads or people who enjoy illegal street drugs more than legal "pharmaceuticals".

President Gary Johnson can't legalize drugs, but he can refuse to execute federal drug raids on states like California, Oregon and Washington which are important states to the national supply of Kush.

15 minutes ago, Yamato said:

That sounded just like Ann Coulter.  

Almost.... a complement. 

So you do listen to Ann Coulter.   She's almost... like the sour cream on your potato?  :D  

At the same time she's patronizing libertarians for pot, she's telling gay people they

"can get married too they just have to marry someone of the opposite sex". 

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen."

"Not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims - at least all terrorists capable of assembling a murderous plot against America that leaves 7,000 people dead in under two hours. "

If I said said stuff less than half as stupid as Donald Trump or Ann Coulter, the Rs would have a field day.   Well except for the last one.   Saying all terrorists are Muslims would definitely be Popular around here.  

She lives in two of the most liberal cities in America, loves Grateful Dead and Dave Matthews, never been married, makes love to Bill Maher, somehow still doesn't smoke pot, and gets rich making Republicans buy her books with all the stupid stuff she says.  

Sounds like the perfect Vice President for Fox News watchers.   Her next book title should be called:  "How-To Still Serve Hillary After Beating Her."   Trump/Coulter 2016.

11 hours ago, Yamato said:

So you do listen to Ann Coulter.   She's almost... like the sour cream on your potato?  :D  

Does she have a Show? I've not heard her on the radio, and I don't watch cable TV, or any TV for that matter. All I know is what I've read about her.