Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in

bubblykiss

Horror author Stephen King and hundreds of other writers have signed an open letter “unequivocally” opposing the presidential candidacy of presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump.

In “An Open Letter to the American People,” 400 authors  —including King, Cheryl Strayed, Michael Chabon, Jennifer Egan and Dave Eggers — list a litany of reasons why, “as a matter of conscience,” they cannot support Trump’s presidential campaign.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/05/25/stephen-king-joins-hundreds-authors-open-letter-blasting-donald-trump/

• Like 3

This kind of egotistical nonsense can, once again, only increase his support.

• Like 1

I mean really, the hysteria about the Big Fellow get pottier every single day. 

Because the history of dictatorship is the history of manipulation and division, demagoguery and lies;

His campaign is apt to cause serious violence in some parts of the country.  The July Convention will almost certainly be the scene of riots and arrests.  The Left are going to get REALLY wound up to show everyone just how "tolerant" they truly are...

My guess is that each time such idiocy is put on display, his popularity among his base will increase - along with the size of that base.  About 40-45% of Democrats would still vote for the Hildebeast even if the Justice department actually indicted her - something about as likely as winning the Powerball.  In fact I think that if she were charged with espionage - a possibility according to judge A. Napolitano - that same number of supporters would vote for her.  A roughly equal number on the Right/center would vote for the Donald no matter what he might say or do and they have proven it during this long, silly campaign.  So somewhere between 10-20% of US voters will decide which of these individuals hold the most important elective office on the planet for the next four years.  I can only SMH at the insanity of EITHER of them being in a position to win the office.  It is sure to be a brutal, nasty, gutter type affair between now and November and sadly, I believe we might even see an assassination attempt - or more than one - before the final poll is taken.  Should Trump actually win I think the Left will go into full meltdown.  Civil disobedience, general strikes, possibly even demands for him to be Impeached depending on the makeup of the House and Senate.  It's for this reason that I am very interested in his choice for VP.  Hopefully he'll choose Kasich or Cruz.  Seeing his personality on display though, I suspect he might well choose a complete unknown.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

This kind of egotistical nonsense can, once again, only increase his support.

You mean this egotistical nonsense bodes well for his egotistical nonsense.

Well, exactly. it's all good publicity isn't it, certainly for those who believe that he speaks up against the persecution by the PC Liberal Left and so on, isn't it. This just proves what they'll be thinking. 

1 hour ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

I mean really, the hysteria about the Big Fellow get pottier every single day. 

Well he's only running for President of the United States.   

He has really bad ideas.  He changes direction like a wind vein.   His ego and attitude match the rest of him.   The lesser of two evils isn't good enough. 

• Like 4

Just now, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

Well, exactly. it's all good publicity isn't it, certainly for those who believe that he speaks up against the persecution by the PC Liberal Left and so on, isn't it. This just proves what they'll be thinking. 

It's good politics I guess but that's not saying much.

Uh... So what? Stephen King has made no secret that he is ultra liberal. I'd never in a million years expect him to support Trump. I hope he moves to Canada.

• Like 6

Good. So now what? Clearly clinton isnt a suitable candidate either. 2016 is rapidly becoming the year everyone learned American elections are a sham. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Good. So now what? Clearly clinton isnt a suitable candidate either. 2016 is rapidly becoming the year everyone learned American elections are a sham. 

That's always what worries me about all these Open letters from concerned members of the Giltterati and what have you; you always want to ask them what are their views on the Hildebeast. Their answer, I think, would be revealing.

• Like 3

His opinion is worth more because he's a celebrity author, right?

• Like 3

There should be a letter denouncing the candidacy of the criminal liar on the other side of the aisle.  Clinton is a proven foreign relations disaster and globalist war monger.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Myles said:

His opinion is worth more because he's a celebrity author, right?

No. It's cute he thinks they matter though.

• Like 4

I don't decide matters like this based on any celebrities opinions. I do like King as a writer though.

But Trump scares people, especially his ego. A dangerous man to have in charge of our country

3 minutes ago, We are lizard people said:

Don't trick yourself into thinking the opposition to trump is about positions or beliefs, as in Einstein's case. Trump has none , except he wants to be in power. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vlawde said:

But Trump scares people, especially his ego. 

but so does hillary, for the things we know she is capable, and for the things she has already done. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Not a big Hilary fan either. But IMO Trump is more dangerous being in power. I'm not thrilled about any candidate

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

How do you get rid of this damn box saying "8 hours ago, farmer77 said:"? 

Trump is a businessman, he knows how to and when to delegate. 

"I don't this bit of foreign policy. Can you deal with it Mister Secretary of State?" That sort of thing. His ego would mean he takes credit for whatever good may come from it, and he'll be the first to throw you under the bus if it goes south.

clinton strikes me as the micromanager, she's the expert on everything. She won't delegate, and she'll still throw you under the bus, except this time it was her mess you're being thrown for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:
9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

How do you get rid of this damn box saying "8 hours ago, farmer77 said:"? 

click on the crosshairs at  the top left of the quote box and hit the delete button on your keyboard. Screwed me all up for a while too. 

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

click on the crosshairs at  the top left of the quote box and hit the delete button on your keyboard. Screwed me all up for a while too. 

Thank you, i think that's got it. Now what was I going to say? Ah yes,

24 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

Not a big Hilary fan either. But IMO Trump is more dangerous being in power. I'm not thrilled about any candidate

So you're worried that Trump would be more dangerous than Clinton, despite the fact that the latter already has a proven record of foreign policy disasters and bloodshed on her hands, while Trump's disasters are so far entirely hypothetical?

• Like 1