Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1 dead, 1 critical in NYC concert shooting

Still Waters

Shots rang out inside a concert venue in New York City where hip-hop artist T.I. was getting ready to perform, leaving one person dead, three others wounded and concertgoers scrambling for the nearest exits, police said.

One of the victims was in critical but stable condition on Thursday. No arrests have been made, and a motive for the shooting is unclear.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/Shots-ring-out-at-T-I-concert-in-NYC-1-dead-3-7946373.php#photo-10142855

1 minute ago, Still Waters said:

Shots rang out inside a concert venue in New York City where hip-hop artist T.I. was getting ready to perform, leaving one person dead, three others wounded and concertgoers scrambling for the nearest exits, police said.

One of the victims was in critical but stable condition on Thursday. No arrests have been made, and a motive for the shooting is unclear.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/Shots-ring-out-at-T-I-concert-in-NYC-1-dead-3-7946373.php#photo-10142855

I've never understood the attraction to rap concerts. The place I grew up in only hosted a couple of big name concerts a year and invariably when a rap artist came to town people got shot at their shows. I like some of the music but not enough to get shot. 

rap concert and shootings go hand in hand, rarely there is one without the other, you can't really expect any other outcome with crowds these venues gather.

Edited by aztek

That's bull.  There are only shootings at like half.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

vs none at other, none rap concert

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

The last time someone was shot at a piano concerto was?

New York Police Department Commissioner Bill Bratton today blamed Wednesday night’s fatal shooting at a planned T.I. concert on “so-called rap artists who are basically thugs.”

“The crazy world of the so-called rap artists who are basically thugs that basically celebrate the violence they live all their lives and, unfortunately, that violence often manifests itself during the performances and that’s exactly what happened last evening,” Bratton said during a radio interview this morning on WCBS 880.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/1-dead-3-injured-shooting-nyc-venue-where-104305278--abc-news-topstories.html#

4 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

Rap sucks.

Is that still a genre? I must be getting old.

1 minute ago, barbco196 said:

Is that still a genre? I must be getting old.

It is, only because anyone who can talk can do it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, aztek said:

Lincoln assassination, lol

You know, I was going to make a "since Lincoln, who else was ever shot at the theatre" but decided against it.

• Like 1

gun violence at concerts is certainly not restricted to Rap and Lincoln

off the top of my head......

the Bataclan Theatre in Paris

Dimebag Darrell and 2 or 3 audience members

a concert in Austria a few days ago = http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/22/europe/austria-concert-shooting/

and of course there was the Rolling Stones at Altamont but that was just a knifing so I guess it don't count

BEST - Ron

13 minutes ago, some new guy said:

gun violence at concerts is certainly not restricted to Rap and Lincoln

off the top of my head......

the Bataclan Theatre in Paris

Dimebag Darrell and 2 or 3 audience members

a concert in Austria a few days ago = http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/22/europe/austria-concert-shooting/

and of course there was the Rolling Stones at Altamont but that was just a knifing so I guess it don't count

BEST - Ron

a concert hosted by a biker gang probably should get its own category. Oh i guess that fits for both your examples LOL

15 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

It is, only because anyone who can talk can do it.

I'd rather say, only because being able to talk isn't a requirement anymore these days. Half of "rap" is completely unintelligible.

But, as sad as it is, it's not extremely surprising this happened. Gang culture seem to go hand in hand with rap and hiphop, lots of gangsters carrying a gun, and as such a small argument can quickly escalate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beefers said:

I'd rather say, only because being able to talk isn't a requirement anymore these days. Half of "rap" is completely unintelligible.

But, as sad as it is, it's not extremely surprising this happened. Gang culture seem to go hand in hand with rap and hiphop, lots of gangsters carrying a gun, and as such a small argument can quickly escalate.

It is a culture that shouldn't be embraced by anyone.   

‘Only carry a gun if you’re going to use it’: The macho boasts of bungling rapper who opened fire at T.I. concert in battle that left one dead – before shooting HIMSELF in the leg

Idiots.

I once heard that music is like candy, its all good but you just need to throw away the rappers.

Edited by Glockornothing