Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School-Bus-Size Giant Squid May Be Lurking

Still Waters

Steeped in mystery, the elusive, deep-sea-dwelling giant squid, with eyes the size of basketballs, may be larger than it has gotten credit for. In fact, the monster cephalopod may grow to be longer than a school bus, researchers say.

http://www.livescience.com/54870-giant-squid-may-be-school-bus-size.html

• Like 3

Is it sad that my first though was pan fried calamari? 

• Like 5

I hope it stays where it is, I would die if I seen one that size in my yard. 

Giant Squid can only hope the Asian market, both legal an illegal, never discover a practical way to hunt them.

• Like 1

And still another good reason to stay out of the water.  At my age I want to avoid as much possible dangers as possible.  I know you can't idiot proof everything, but why go looking for trouble.

Edited by paperdyer
Added more.

2 hours ago, paperdyer said:

And still another good reason to stay out of the water.  At my age I want to avoid as much possible dangers as possible.  I know you can't idiot proof everything, but why go looking for trouble.

I lived in Florida within the 60's, 70's and early 80's. Fort Pierce to be precise.

Anyway, a semi-popular place to relax in a public park and go swimming in the "Intra-Coastal Waterway" had a problem with sting-rays. My brother got hit by one... not pleasant I guess.

Fast-Forward 20-years... 

During a visit to my home town, and to that exact same park we enjoyed, I noticed that the city had at some previous point done something remarkable: They embedded an underwater fence, tall enough to be visible above the water, and maybe 50 yards from shore. completely surrounding that area to the shore in a "semi-circle"

This was designed, as I found-out, to prevent even juvenile stingrays from entering the "swim-zone" Colored marine buoys mark the fence location.

Apparently the public now feels safe having themselves or their children at that location.

Edited by pallidin

6 hours ago, BadChadB33 said:

Still scares me what else is lurking down there that  we don't know about.

Worrying about monsters is a distraction by the NWO. :o

There's probably bacteria down there that could wipe out the entire human race in a week.

In comparison, death by giant monster is epic.

Harte

• Like 1