Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Preacher

Merc14

Anyone?  The premier was awesome.  I have a little bit of an idea what is going on  from Wikipedia but the acting is AWESOME,  and the production is first class.  All in.  Great stuff so far

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

Trying to keep it separate in my head from the comic. 

Not sure how much from the comic is going to transfer over, so at the moment I hesitantly really like Cassidy. 

Looking forward to the next episode.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shadowsot said:

Trying to keep it separate in my head from the comic. 

Not sure how much from the comic is going to transfer over, so at the moment I hesitantly really like Cassidy. 

Looking forward to the next episode.

Thanks mate.  I know nothing about the comic (literally ,never read comics in my life) BUT LOVE THE CREATIVITY they engender.  This show is a blast to watch and a great story.  Sold.

Oh definitely. Though I think they are holding back a bit for this first season. 

The first issue basically destroyed the set, so until the can prove their worth they'll need to milk it some. 

I like comics, mostly like you said for the creativity. One I'd love for them to adapt is Transmetropolitan. A bit of Hunter S. Thompson in a very advanced, near singularity future.  

• Like 1

What is it about? I was curious from the trailer but forgot to DVR. 

Rihanna, doing it a massive disservice but it's "man gets the Voice of God and goes looking to find out why".

I'll definitely give it a look, I wouldn't have found out about it if I didn't see this post, thanks! I've never heard of preacher before but after reading a bit about it, it looks like my type of thing.

Edited by A_Maine96

I'm not sure if they will follow the comics too closely but this is already a great show.

• Like 1

Loved Ruth Nega on Agents of SHIELD. 

Look forward to binge watching it.

I really love this show but not sure how to read a comic.  I'm an avid book reader and not a young guy.  I'm sure I can't go from me to there but I always love an idea and as story and this is all working out very well.

• Like 1

Complete series available on the website we were linked to over in the TWD thread: link

Harte

• Like 2

And yes, I really liked the premiere.

Harte

Dang Harte, I went t that link and am on Issue #5 already!  Can't stop reading. Thanks! :tu:

• Like 1

Already loving this show,i've read the comics in the past and as long as they stick close to the source material it will be great!

Something completely different from your average tv shows now days!

I finished the comic series in a couple of days. All I can say is I hope the TV series does a better job, if they try to follow the comic at all.

It started out great, but by the end it was just floundering.

BTW, the latest issue of TWD (June 2016) is up on that same website as of now.

Harte

• Like 1

I'm up to Issue 15 now and so went back to watch the premier and enjoyed it much more now that I have some background.  I can't understand why Netflix didn't pick this one up given the popularity of the Jessica Jones series but AMC seems to be doing a good job albeit the limits on the language, so far.   I doubt I can drag the wife into this one but she'll be visiting her homeland for half the summer and the rest is on the computer.  Great stuff so far.  :tu:

• Like 1

Yeah Harte NO sense in following the comic at all... :rolleyes:

Probably be best just to hand it over to your pal gimple and let him invent us all a thrilling cliff hanger every week huh?

JK i liked the story though,not everything is TWD!

Preacher took a good many side trips in the story, while some I didn't list most I enjoyed. 

8 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yeah Harte NO sense in following the comic at all... :rolleyes:

Probably be best just to hand it over to your pal gimple and let him invent us all a thrilling cliff hanger every week huh?

JK i liked the story though,not everything is TWD!

Whatever. The comic has ended at 66 issues (I believe.) If Preacher takes off, they'll have to leave the comic behind anyway.

The comic had a marvelous premise, find God and force him to do his job.

All that fell by the wayside.

The comic turned into a romance novel.

Harte

Just watched episode 2... It's a good show, cant wait to see what happens next!

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:24 AM, Harte said:

Whatever. The comic has ended at 66 issues (I believe.) If Preacher takes off, they'll have to leave the comic behind anyway.

The comic had a marvelous premise, find God and force him to do his job.

All that fell by the wayside.

The comic turned into a romance novel.

Harte

When did it go off the rails Harte? I'm at around 30 now.  Haven't watched Episode 2 yet but hope to tonight on my computer (Mama is NOT a fan)

Turned into the Perils of Jesse and Tulip. They're apart...They're together...They're apart, she's a junkie...They're together...

Dropped the plan about making God do his job, decided to just kill Him.

TV show is looking like it'll be better.

Harte

4 hours ago, Harte said:

Turned into the Perils of Jesse and Tulip. They're apart...They're together...They're apart, she's a junkie...They're together...

Dropped the plan about making God do his job, decided to just kill Him.

TV show is looking like it'll be better.

Harte

Copy all.  Enjoyed the ones I have read and, after watching the newest episode, I think this is my favorite show on TV.   They have done a great job of  turning the comics into a viablle TV show. Tulip was a question mark but the actress has won me over.