Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yellow Eyed Woman

slayerfest1990

This happened to me 2 years ago.

First off. Before my story begins I used to sometimes hear those growls in my room which sounded very unsettling. I always brushed them off, because those growling noises always happened when I was about to fall asleep and they "woke" me up again. I thought they were just part of my imagination and part of the beginning of a dream or something like that.

I woke up in the middle of the night, because I had to pee. So I got up and went to the bathroom. Everything was normal and I was still very tired. I went back to bed again, but didn't fall asleep right away. Usually I sleep facing the wall, but I turned around to face the open room to make me more comfortable. And that's when I saw her. A young woman in a black medieval looking dress with piercing yellow eyes looking at me. Her face was expressionless. Just plain empty. No anger, no fear, no sadness, no happiness, just nothing. She was standing in the middle of the room and also seemed to be transparent like a ghost. I immediately freaked and jumped out of bed to get to the light switch while at the same time looking at her. And she did the same. As I moved so did her head, still watching me. As soon as I turned on the light she was gone. I left the lights on for about an hour and didn't fall back asleep, because I was to shocked. The next day I tried to rationalize it. I was pretty convinced that what I saw was just a hallucination of some sort. I remember I was still pretty tired and maybe even still half asleep. So maybe it was part of a dream or something. The coming nights, nothing happened and I didn't see anything so I wasn't afraid anymore.

But a week and half later I went to bed pretty early, because I had to get to work very early in the morning as well. I work at a bakery so that's normal to me. This time my room wasn't pitch black, because the sun was still outside and was still able to shine in to my bedroom a bit. I just laid down and didn't expect to fall asleep right away. It always takes me about 20 - 30 minutes to fall asleep. As I heard those growling noises I already mentioned above. This time they really startled me, because I wasn't about to fall asleep, I was still wide awake. So I looked through my room but didn't see anything. It made me think of the ghostly woman I saw over a week ago. But I immediately brushed it off again and thought it was silly and told myself it's just my imagination. Then I laid down again and closed my eyes. Moments later it felt like something was laying next to me and started to hug me. For a moment it felt very comforting and I remember that I even started smiling. Then I opened my eyes and saw that there, where the arm should be that I felt hugging me, was nothing there. But I felt how it's grip got tider every second and then I saw something that really disturbed me. As it's grip got tider I saw how the blanket got pushed down as well, as if there actually was an arm holding me. I immediately panicked and wanted to get out of bed, but I couldn't. It's grip got tider and tider and I was just wrestling with that thing. As if things, weren't already creepy enough I heard the growl again. But this time it was right at my ear. It was so loud and creepy and I could even feel it's breath on my ear. It wasn't a growl that any human could make. And it also didn't sound like an animal or something. To me now it just sounded demonic and not from this world. So I tried to free myself from this thing and from my blanket jumping around in my bed until I heard it growl one more time and then it freed me. I was completely out of breath and wasn't able to sleep that night. The coming weeks I was afraid it might show up or that I would just hear it's growl again. But it never did. Ever since, I never heard it's growl again or saw this woman with yellow eyes and my sleep has been very peaceful.

So my question is, has anyone had the same kind of experience? Anyone seen a woman with yellow eyes, or heard a demonic growl and also wrestled with some kind of demonic entity? I feel safe now, for the most part, but I am still searching for some answers. Maybe I am just crazy? I also considered that it might have been sleep paralysis, but I wasn't even near to falling asleep and even though that thing was holding me tight I was able to move, like rolling around and kicking my legs and such.

I hope I can find someone who might have some answers. Or at least someone who had a similar experience.

I would suggest researching hypnopompic/hypnogagic hallucinations and sleep paralysis. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2016 at 7:38 PM, SecretSanta said:

I would suggest researching hypnopompic/hypnogagic hallucinations and sleep paralysis. 

I'm just going to put this as my signature. :lol:

This isn't a shot at the OP, it is just the most reasonable and probable explanation that gets posted in many threads involving waking up and seeing/hearing things. It very well could be sleep paralysis. Many times I have fallen asleep and still thought that I was awake. Being in that half awake half asleep state is frightening and the way it was explained to me, albeit simply mind you, is that it causes our dreams to spill over into reality causing a bunch of disturbing, weird, petrifying, and downright strange experiences that seem to be very real. Sleep paralysis doesn't just happen when you wake up, it can happen when you are starting to drift off to sleep as well.

Edited by mr3rdrock
  • Like 2

Maybe you are a little sleep-deprived. If you are, it makes you see crazy things. Your mind likes to play games, I suggest you talk to someone so they can help you understand why you are

seeing this.

On 28. Mai 2016 at 1:38 AM, SecretSanta said:

I never heard of this before, but I informed myself about it now and it makes a lot of sense and pretty much explains everything. So thanks for that! ;)

• Like 1