Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We need more Cops like this

Likely Guy

This guy made the news twice for all the right reasons.

Halifax police hand toddler motorcyclist a (fake) parking ticket

"It's something so simple. It's stuff that I do every day, just meeting people, talking to people and taking pictures every day. I don't expect things to be this big. It was cute," he said.

The constable says sometimes people are surprised to learn police have a sense of humour.

"Unfortunately we don't show the human side of the police officers," he said.

Link: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/halifax-police-hand-toddler-motorcyclist-a-fake-parking-ticket-1.3140966

Photo of police officer sitting on sidewalk with street person gets big response

Currie said the popularity of the photo made him realize that people need to see more of police interacting with people on a human level rather than a professional level. 

"We're always seen as the enforcer," he told Maritime Noon. "But that [photo] is the every day. We sit in a coffee shop, we sit on a wall — wherever it is that we need to have a conversation with someone and it's comfortable."

Link: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/panhandler-homeless-man-police-officer-currie-halifax-spring-garden-1.3312296

• Like 1

lol, police humor is only funny for police, giving a toddler a fake ticket, really??? is that  supposed to be funny?  i wonder if he'd think it would be funny, is a DA handed him a fake subpoena, or press fake charges.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, police humor is only funny for police, giving a toddler a fake ticket, really??? is that  supposed to be funny?  i wonder if he'd think it would be funny, is a DA handed him a fake subpoena, or press fake charges.

No its propaganda and conditioning. Kinda like the cigarette manufacturers - they realize the current generation is onto their bull****e so they are making a concentrated effort to target children before they know better. Hell in NY the police union managed to get a bill passed forcing all children to undergo training on how to speak to officers. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

well that i actually agree, kids nowadays are cocky arrogant and talk sht, thus getting in trouble they could avoid by simply not doing stupid things. but it is really simple, id yourself, and keep your mouth shut no matter what, not a word without a lawyer.

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Holy smokes, lighten up!

Apparently the boy is a fan of police and his father arranged it with the constable. That, and Declan (the toddler) was quite proud of his "ticket".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/watch-hilarious-reaction-boy-3-6043460

i confess to not even watching the link but responded to Aztek based on the PR moves police unions have been making nationwide here in the US . 

actually i have to confess to the same thing, article title and short summary posted, did not mention that, also i missed the elephant in the room, lol, it is in Canada .  i do not think canada has same corruption issues us police does,. thou i can be wrong about that. 

Edited by aztek

Ironically this just popped up in my newsfeed: http://fresnopeoplesmedia.com/2016/03/3135/ 

The three major broadcast TV networks (ABC, NBC and CBS) locked onto the community-policing talking points, mentioning it 26 times after the killing of Brown and the resulting protests. That’s about twice as many times as they’d brought it up in the 10 years prior. Major newspapers did their part as well, producing thousands of stories post-Ferguson that referred to that pleasant-sounding policing model.  

In that time, you can find stories about cops giving out hugs (Washington Post, 8/14/14) and practicing the “community policing ethos” (Washington Post, 5/7/15). You can find others discussing “training” and “tone” (USA Today, 12/29/15) and even cops saving kittens (New York Times,1/25/16). There’s also the softly paternal feel-good stories of police tying kids’ shoes (CNN, 12/2/15) or playing basketball with black youth (CNN, 1/24/16). Sometimes certain police departments are looked to as models of                                                                                         reform (Huffington Post, 1/28/16) or as social workers for drug addicts—as opposed to the drug-war soldiers they’ve largely been (Vice, 6/9/15).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

actually i have to confess to the same thing, article title and short summary posted, did not mention that, also i missed the elephant in the room, lol, it is in Canada .  i do not think canada has same corruption issues us police does,. thou i can be wrong about that. 

Well in Canada police are trained by the province with some add on training later if the department decides. The biggest exception to this is the RCMP which has a presence in every province and territory and is the main police force in 8 provinces and 3 territories. Ontario and Quebec both have Provincial Police forces.

• Like 1