Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

black dahlia case

firewilson

My name is Fire, and I've studied the Elizabeth Short case for many years. Hopefully, some of the information I can share may be more to add to the muddled evidence, and or suppositions which are supported by logic. The only sources available to me, of course, were from the written information about the case, I've nothing tangible, myself, as proof. But, for example; in the book by John Gilmore, titled, " Severed", Mr. Gilmore is writing about  cassette tapes in which his favorite suspect for the murder of Beth Short, is confessed to, by Arnold Smith, or Jack Wilson, (some of the aka's the suspect who's real name was Grover Loving Junior), well, in the tapes, he states that he was present, but the murder of the Dahlia, was committed by a " transvestite", named, Morrison, who is from San Francisco.  The book goes on to say that the F.B.I., and the L.A.P.D. and other law enforcement was unable to locate this, " Morrison". 

Smith, made this confession tape, according to the book, in the 1970's, about thirty years after the homicide,at the time when Jigsaw John, a famous detective was in the downtown L.A..P.D. At any rate, the book claims that nobody at all knows where or who Morrison is. Of course, Smith, is blaming the crime on another person. But is the person just fantasy? 

The owner of the Mocambo  night club, had been robbed,a few days prior to the Dahlia's murder. The method of robbery was like that of  the days of the old west train robbery, they were threatened at the point of a gun by guys who took their money and jewelry. One of the robbers was a tall, thin, man, with a limp. Smith had a limp. Morrison is the name of the owner of the Mocambo. 

as regards the direction of the car as a picture, I discovered so many changes in the street map and names of locations, (remember, the body was discovered two weeks into the year 1947), that I'll have to look at the Thomas Guide for what I need to draw the picture. What I can tell you though, is that the car which Elizabeth Short's body was in, it would have been with the trunk open towards Crenshaw Blvd. in a driveway next to where her body was, in the lot at norton and 39th st. The reason why, was to block the view from parking with the traffic, and this way, there was no view from Crenshaw, the other direction, the front of the car, faced houses across the street, albeit there were lots in between. 

Edited by Still Waters
Fixed spacing at end of post

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• firewilson

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there firewilson, welcome to UM.

You already have an ongoing thread about this, it's here -

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/294919-the-black-dahlia-homicide/#comment-5850140

To save any confusion we ask members not to post the same topic in more than one forum.

*Closed*

• The topic was locked