Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Happy Memorial Day 2016

Careful_perspective

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend, and I definitely want to say how thankful I am for all of those who died fighting for our country, willing or not.

221cbde76f1a6f6de4fbef28851aded7.jpg

Edited by Rinna
  • Like 5

Well the good news is I get free hot dogs and coffee on it, the bad news is that I work it without a lunch break.

• Like 2

Tomorrow, I will wear my poppy.

• Like 3

It is strange that Memorial Day is a celebration of sorts in the US, while here and most others, Remembrance Day (November 11th) is a solemn occasion while we both commemorate.

Edited by Likely Guy
Because I forgot a word. Damn you, new function! :)
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

It is strange that Memorial Day is a celebration of sorts in the US, while here and most others, Remembrance Day (November 11th) is a solemn occasion while we both commemorate.

Tis the American way, to party for almost every occasion lol!

13 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

It is here too LG. There were memorial services and parades of veterans everywhere from small towns to big cities this morning. Flags are put on the graves of veterans in cemeteries everywhere. People will put flowers on the graves of deceased family members in memorial. At least, the old timers did. But, it's also a day off and people tend to have picnics in the afternoon. It becomes the traditional start of the summer season.