Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The secret of the true prayer.

LogueRadio

Just now, MiloB said:

Prayer is attempting to use collective consciousness to change reality.  The more people who believe in prayer making sincere prayers, the more likely the prayer is to come true so long as it fits into the existing overall reality manifested by the collective consciousness.    The number of prayers is a significant factor but the overall determining factor is how it fits.  There are exceptions and they are called miracles but that too requires consensus within the collective consciousness.  

I call that psychology. Namely confirmation bias and self-fulfilling prophecy.

12 minutes ago, Podo said:

None of us is special. We're cosmic accidents that will come from and return to dust in the blink of an eye.

Yes, we are intelligent people and one may see it this way, and what have I got to say, nothing!  But I wish you plenty of good thing coming to you!

On 6/17/2016 at 5:44 AM, Hyades said:

I think one does!, and it's in line with the actual societal, economical paradigm.  Is god part of the different specialities that human have put up over the years?

I would think that it's in line with our social, technical, etc., evolution, we aren't yet to the level of knowledge, technology usage such that we might take care of ourselves, is it a realistic goal?, we have a long way to go!, but wouldn't be great if we could take complete care of ourselves, dreaming maybe...?

Many people, who do "their best to help others," are not necessarily god-believers; they would probably be offended by the thought of a higher power mystically inducing or influencing "their best." Think of puppets and robots, as in having no free will.

It seems to me that it doesn't take much for you to believe in a "god"...but no judgment here -- to each his own. Without a first-hand account, however, how would you be able to sort things out? Everyone has an agenda in this world, and by merely judging the surface of things, the "spiritual good" may elude you. Just like "spiritual evil," "spiritual good" is very subtle, especially without some knowledge to compare it with. "...satan himself masquerades as an angel of light," so they say.

Peace to you, Hyades.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ehrman Pagels 1 said:

Many people, who do "their best to help others," are not necessarily god-believers; they would probably be offended by the thought of a higher power mystically inducing or influencing "their best." Think of puppets and robots, as in having no free will.

It seems to me that it doesn't take much for you to believe in a "god"...but no judgment here -- to each his own. Without a first-hand account, however, how would you be able to sort things out? Everyone has an agenda in this world, and by merely judging the surface of things, the "spiritual good" may elude you. Just like "spiritual evil," "spiritual good" is very subtle, especially without some knowledge to compare it with. "...satan himself masquerades as an angel of light," so they say.

Peace to you, Hyades.

Don't need to be god-believers to help others, god is a man creation, adhere to it if it helps!

One need to defined spiritual, I see it as ''love, giving, forgiving, help others, and other virtues''. 

Human being are dualistic people, both polarities, so negative and positive are indispensable, and in a life time, we will come to know, experience both polarities to sit our perspective on life.

Since we don't have the answer to what is behind the sacred, the mystic, or god,  I, humbly, believe in the micro/macro intelligence of biological cells influenced by the electromagnetic forces in the Universe.

Thanks for your peace energy, the same to you!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2016 at 4:06 PM, Hyades said:

One need to defined spiritual, I see it as ''love, giving, forgiving, help others, and other virtues''. 

Human being are dualistic people, both polarities, so negative and positive are indispensable, and in a life time, we will come to know, experience both polarities to sit our perspective on life.

Since we don't have the answer to what is behind the sacred, the mystic, or god,  I, humbly, believe in the micro/macro intelligence of biological cells influenced by the electromagnetic forces in the Universe.

Belief is a touchy subject. I can see there are people on UM who are doing their best to be respectful. What reading materials gave you the discernment to define spiritual for all? Do people have the right to define religion for themselves? The dualistic nature of common people is your philosophy. Jews and Christians believe the inherent nature of man is not evil. The intelligence of the biological cells of your body is part of your exclusive philosophy. Your beliefs dont offend me but important to point out they don't resonate with other religions. It's futile to generalize.

11 hours ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

Belief is a touchy subject. I can see there are people on UM who are doing their best to be respectful. What reading materials gave you the discernment to define spiritual for all? Do people have the right to define religion for themselves? The dualistic nature of common people is your philosophy. Jews and Christians believe the inherent nature of man is not evil. The intelligence of the biological cells of your body is part of your exclusive philosophy. Your beliefs dont offend me but important to point out they don't resonate with other religions. It's futile to generalize.

He stated what it meant for him. There's no sense in being respectful to something that you don't respect.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

Thanks Podo, right on target.

As Podo said, and if you read my post, I was only presenting a few personal comments on beliefs.

What make you think that people shouldn't be able to define religion for themselves?   Like it or not, we are dualistic, positive is of same value as negative, the sooner you learn that, the better for you.  I'm glad it don't resonate with religion.

Anyway, I wish you a Warm Welcome to UM, let it be a Wonderful Unexplained Mysteries Journey for you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Podo said:

He stated what it meant for him. There's no sense in being respectful to something that you don't respect.

This forum is part of the civilized world, not a war zone. You don't have to beat out the philosophy out of people. It's called maturity.

2 hours ago, Hyades said:

Thanks Podo, right on target.

As Podo said, and if you read my post, I was only presenting a few personal comments on beliefs.

What make you think that people shouldn't be able to define religion for themselves?   Like it or not, we are dualistic, positive is of same value as negative, the sooner you learn that, the better for you.  I'm glad it don't resonate with religion.

Anyway, I wish you a Warm Welcome to UM, let it be a Wonderful Unexplained Mysteries Journey for you!

I was asking questions to get in depth and pointing out your personal beliefs but your baggage got in the way. You like to generalize and throw out pseudo facts without anything to back them up. Now that I know where you're coming from I accept your hangup and don't have to beat the mind trip out of your skull.

1 minute ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

I was asking questions to get in depth and pointing out your personal beliefs but your baggage got in the way. You like to generalize and throw out pseudo facts without anything to back them up. Now that I know where you're coming from I accept your hangup and don't have to beat the mind trip out of your skull.

Who are you to "beat the mind trip out of his skull"? Do explain this right of yours. I missed is somewhere. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

This forum is part of the civilized world, not a war zone. You don't have to beat out the philosophy out of people. It's called maturity.

Chip meet shoulder.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

Have to? No. But it's a discussion forum. We're here to discuss. You don't have to respect all beliefs. All beliefs do not deserve respect, in fact. He was stating his views while actively professing them to be his and his alone. If you have an issue with that, you may be too delicate of a flower to have a good time on this thread.

• Like 2

I think that we are more civilized without having to resort to what amounts to threats in order to have a discussion. If you last long enough here you eventually get a feel for the people who post. If you don't like what someone says, this site does have an ignore function. You are free to use it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Who are you to "beat the mind trip out of his skull"? Do explain this right of yours. I missed is somewhere. 

I used descriptive language for a reason. You didn't get my point. X-ed.

11 minutes ago, Podo said:

Have to? No. But it's a discussion forum. We're here to discuss. You don't have to respect all beliefs. All beliefs do not deserve respect, in fact. He was stating his views while actively professing them to be his and his alone. If you have an issue with that, you may be too delicate of a flower to have a good time on this thread.

You can be respectful with your tone while discussing. You don't don't have to beat the philosophy out of people by using harsh disrespectful language. There are some of us who are trying to understand people's beliefs.

Just now, intoyoulikeatrain said:

You can be respectful with your tone while discussing. You don't don't have to beat the philosophy out of people by using harsh disrespectful language. There are some of us who are trying to understand people's beliefs.

This is text. Tone is implied. You're far too new to have a good grasp of our respective tones, anyway, so that's not really a good argument. Hyades was, as you can read yourself if you can manage to pull your head out of the ditch long enough, merely stating his viewpoint; he did not **** on yours, or tell you that you were wrong. I've never even seen Hyades EVER tell someone they were wrong. If you can't handle that...well, good luck with this section of the forums.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

I used descriptive language for a reason. You didn't get my point. X-ed.

Perhaps you should find a better way of making a point.

21 hours ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

Hmm!, interesting, may you share what is your ''in depth''?  It seems that my baggage got in way, well, I know what I know, it's only my truth.  I share in UM what I have experience through the years.  May you share your thoughts on ''where you're coming from'', I'm interested to know more of your philosophy!