Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The secret of the true prayer.

LogueRadio

Prayer is the fervent statement of what is so.

A statement of that which you choose to call into your experience. Faith is the key.

If you believed that the universe will grant you whatever you wish to be do have or experience, you would not ask for it to be so, for you would know intuitively that asking for it would be the fervent statement that it is not there already in your reality.

Thus, the correct prayer is one of gratitude. A thanksgiving in advance for that which you would like to show up in your life. The tools await your use to conjure up anything you choose.

Bless x

Edited by LogueRadio
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, LogueRadio said:

Prayer is the fervent statement of what is so...

No, see that's right where you lost me.

It is not what is so, prayer is what you wish it to be.

• Like 4

This is the perfect question. Now, you must have your prayers answered please explain? Lest your current idea of prayer doesn't work according to your wishes. Perhaps you should read on and specify a fully constructed question.

No questions were asked. Your initial statement is false. Prayer is not a statement of what is, it is a statement of what you want, or a request for service. It has no bearing on reality, nor does it have any effect on reality.

• Like 3

Hey LogueRadio, a Warm Welcome to UM, I wish you a Wonderful Unexplained Mysteries Journey here.

Best of experience!

As you have read, members have different appreciation of true prayers.

• Like 1

The secret is similar to what I'm trying to show here. No prayer goes unanswered, and if you believe that you have unanswered prayers, what has happened is the most fervent statement which you hold as truth, has become operative. Just working atm so excuse my vague explanations

Answered prayers tend to be nothing more than confirmation bias and/or self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1

What I'm saying is that alot of the circumstances we find ourselves in, good or bad, are the result of this which I speak of which you xenofish, have helpless information and responses about. Different if you posed helpful questions on which we could build on. So anyway... Do you have any helpful questions, only answers? 

7 hours ago, LogueRadio said:

The secret is similar to what I'm trying to show here. No prayer goes unanswered, and if you believe that you have unanswered prayers, what has happened is the most fervent statement which you hold as truth, has become operative. Just working atm so excuse my vague explanations

Can you elaborate ? If someone prays to win lotto,e.g.,  what becomes operative, would you say ?

3 hours ago, LogueRadio said:

Do you have any helpful questions, only answers? 

Hello, I have a question:

Have you come here to preach?

You have confused a statement as a question and You are asking people for questions

:mellow:

• Like 4

On 01/06/2016 at 11:20 AM, XenoFish said:

Answered prayers tend to be nothing more than confirmation bias and/or self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't find this to be factually accurate, but even if it were so, then prayer would be  a useful// constructive tool, which met your aims  by confirming your bias and fulfilling your prophetic hopes for the future. 

Not similar to it, that is the secret. That is the concept you speak of and i would attest i have indeed witnessed enough of its workings to already consider it factual in my own mind. But then again that might be why i have everything i want in life ;)

Prayers can't work, and it is a simple numbers game. Consider the following:

1. The vast majority of humans are religious. This means that the VAST majority of people will pray (or a prayer equivalent) regularly, or otherwise at some time in their lives.

2. Humans fight and hate each other all the time. Most of this fighting, at least on a large scale, is due to religion. As such, each side is praying for strength/favour/advantages over their foes.

3. Humans are selfish and stupid. Everyone thinks that they know best. Because of this, and because of point 1 and 2, humans are praying for their visions of the world to be brought about.

Now, if prayer worked, the planet would be wrecked. Entire armies would be getting slaughtered as jihadists prayed for deliverance. Homosexuals would be getting killed left and right as fundamentalist christians prayed for their destruction. Religious theocracies would be rising all over the world as religious people demanded kingdoms of believers from their chosen deities; in reality, religious governments are becoming less common, not more.

If, as you say, all prayers are answered, the various gods are either really, really bad at answering, or the prayers don't work at all.

• Like 3

I think it has something to do with something said in revelation and in Jeremiah, it says, "If anyone is to be sent into captivity, into captivity they will go.  If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword they will be killed."

It's like an idea of predestination and that everything is planned out ahead of us and there's nothing we can do about it.  This gets really confusing with the idea of free will, and how things are designed.  It's a mystery in itself, and something to meditate on...  Quite interesting, I'm not sure even angels could have an answer to it as they're bound by the same rules.

So, if you pray, you're  just fulfilling part of a prophecy, like the prayer is just a gesture to show that an event is about to occur or not. 

Anyway, I am sure some prayers seem to get ignored, or so it seems that way if you pray a lot..  Some prayers seem like they flunk out, or are not successful.  Usually you know before you make them if they are or not.  It's really a form of expression to heaven and God, and in the name of Jesus, or whatever.  You could call it a sword of spirit.

The thing is, if you get whatever you ask for in Jesus' name, and if somebody else asks in his name you don't get it, how does that work?  I've thought about that and going through it a lot.  It gets complex, but they mend.  A lot has to do with groups of 2 against 3 that Jesus talks about in the gospel.  I think these numbers of groups are more sturdy, or building blocks or whatever.  Though, if someone prays in the AntiChrist, it's still in the name of Christ and that happens a lot.  Usually I think a line has to be found between the two desires to make a middle ground, but there is a lot more to it high up in reason unattainable by myself, that God has action over.  Ways of seeing things, and possiblities that can't be realized yet.  Though, in order to seperate it from just a simple battle of wills, I think God mediates it, that's the point of prayer.  That God is listening and orders them, so mercy is applied in higher heavens and justice can rule. 

32 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

I think it has something to do with something said in revelation and in Jeremiah, it says, "If anyone is to be sent into captivity, into captivity they will go.  If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword they will be killed."

It's like an idea of predestination and that everything is planned out ahead of us and there's nothing we can do about it.  This gets really confusing with the idea of free will, and how things are designed.  It's a mystery in itself, and something to meditate on...  Quite interesting, I'm not sure even angels could have an answer to it as they're bound by the same rules.

So, if you pray, you're  just fulfilling part of a prophecy, like the prayer is just a gesture to show that an event is about to occur or not. 

Anyway, I am sure some prayers seem to get ignored, or so it seems that way if you pray a lot..  Some prayers seem like they flunk out, or are not successful.  Usually you know before you make them if they are or not.  It's really a form of expression to heaven and God, and in the name of Jesus, or whatever.  You could call it a sword of spirit.

The thing is, if you get whatever you ask for in Jesus' name, and if somebody else asks in his name you don't get it, how does that work?  I've thought about that and going through it a lot.  It gets complex, but they mend.  A lot has to do with groups of 2 against 3 that Jesus talks about in the gospel.  I think these numbers of groups are more sturdy, or building blocks or whatever.  Though, if someone prays in the AntiChrist, it's still in the name of Christ and that happens a lot.  Usually I think a line has to be found between the two desires to make a middle ground, but there is a lot more to it high up in reason unattainable by myself, that God has action over.  Ways of seeing things, and possiblities that can't be realized yet.  Though, in order to seperate it from just a simple battle of wills, I think God mediates it, that's the point of prayer.  That God is listening and orders them, so mercy is applied in higher heavens and justice can rule. 

It's sadism, not justice.

So let me get this straight. If I state "I will see a purple elephant." in a matter of fact tone, it would happen. Meaning that the magic genie called God will make a purple elephant appear in some form or another. But the problem with this is on a subconscious level. I've basically baited my attention to wanting to see the purple elephant. So it's basically what I mentioned earlier.  Prayers as just spiritually motivated affirmations. 

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

So let me get this straight. If I state "I will see a purple elephant." in a matter of fact tone, it would happen. Meaning that the magic genie called God will make a purple elephant appear in some form or another. But the problem with this is on a subconscious level. I've basically baited my attention to wanting to see the purple elephant. So it's basically what I mentioned earlier.  Prayers as just spiritually motivated affirmations. 

If you surround yourself in purple element imagery, meditate on the purple elephant on a regular basis, and put your faith into the purple elephant...maybe even reaching purple elephant ecstasy...you will probably see a purple elephant. It won't be God manifesting the purple elephant, though. It'll be you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

If you surround yourself in purple element imagery, meditate on the purple elephant on a regular basis, and put your faith into the purple elephant...maybe even reaching purple elephant ecstasy...you will probably see a purple elephant. It won't be God manifesting the purple elephant, though. It'll be you. 

Same with religious ecstasy. Saturate your conscious with the idea long enough all kinds of crazy stuff can happen.

purpleelephantinsneakers.jpg

Straight up high level magick here. I just manifested a purple elephant.:P

Nice shade of purple, there. Now, let's ask it if we can win the lottery.

• Like 1

Fun! I'm glad someone addressed the purple elephant. If you think God is some omnipotent being who hears all prayers, says yes to some, no to others and maybe but not now to the rest you are sadly mistaken. By what rule of thumb would God choose. By choosing something to appear which you think not impossible, without any doubt, to the degree that you hold it as truth, to that degree it'll be made manifest in your reality, for your thought is creative and your word is productive and your thought and word combined are extremely effective at giving birth to your reality. I bet no one understands a word Im saying shall I just stop trying? My intent is to empower you, not confuse or mess around with you. Perhaps my English is not up2 speed for delivering the message.

• Like 1

I have no expectation of god. So prayer is a meaningless act unless it's used as a tool to program the mind.

CREATE-YOUR-OWN-REALITY-OR-SOMEONE-WILL-

• Like 1