Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tony Blair under scrutiny for war crimes

questionmark

LONDON, May 30 (UPI) -- Tony Blair has implied he will refute the conclusions of the Chilcot inquiry if it accuses him of committing Britain to the invasion of Iraq before he told parliament or the public.

The former prime minister said on BBC's Andrew Marr Show on Sunday that he made his position very clear in the run-up to the Iraq War in 2003, but wasn't sure he would accept all the findings on what is expected to be harsh criticism of him in the final report of the probe into the British government's handling of the war.

"It is hard to say that when I haven't seen it," Blair said. "But I think when you go back and you look at what was said, I don't think anyone can seriously dispute that I was making it very clear what my position was."

Read more in UPI

When he says he hasn't seen the chilcot inquiry he's lying those at the top have seen the report, Him and Jack Straw get lambasted. All Bliar is doing now is setting the stage for himself. Jeremy Corbyn Labour leader was stating only the other week depending on the report Bliar should be tried for war crimes. and rightly so, He took the country to War on lies, and yet somehow to this day the media in this country think he still has a relevance on matters, such as the EU referendum, or how to defeat ISIS, or the Libyan question. lock him up.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

When he says he hasn't seen the chilcot inquiry he's lying those at the top have seen the report, Him and Jack Straw get lambasted. All Bliar is doing now is setting the stage for himself. Jeremy Corbyn Labour leader was stating only the other week depending on the report Bliar should be tried for war crimes. and rightly so, He took the country to War on lies, and yet somehow to this day the media in this country think he still has a relevance on matters, such as the EU referendum, or how to defeat ISIS, or the Libyan question. lock him up.

I agree with you Stevewinn. Blair is lying outta his teeth. But i think Blair's motivation for spinning BS was purely political and not criminal. Unfortunately, the archaic sense of duty that all British PM's to date think they have to uphold the Anglo/American "special relationship" practically forces them to act so. ...and its that very relationship between the British establishment and the America that will save Blair's **** in the end.  

I cannot wait for the Chilcot report to finally come out --

Blair played a huge part in enabling the destruction and destabilizing of Iraq - I don't think America would have '''gone in''' like it did without Blair's support -

I still remember those embarrassing announcements with Bush and Blair and just one other leader (Spain's Aznar) - that was it more or less, no other country was willing to support the invasion ---- 

I cannot imagine what it must be like to be responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people - and hundreds of British soldiers - the destruction of the infra structure of a country - all the misery etc etc - not forgetting the domino affect throughout the whole region - 

Blair must have to adopt a kind of split personality to cope with what he has done - even though he's in denial and even became a catholic (to confess his sins?)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bee said:

I still remember those embarrassing announcements with Bush and Blair and just one other leader (Spain's Aznar) - that was it more or less, no other country was willing to support the invasion ---- 

Australian PM John Howard was pretty enthusiastic. 

On 6/1/2016 at 11:03 AM, Habitat said:

Australian PM John Howard was pretty enthusiastic. 

I've just been having a dot about looking for the image and info that I am remembering regarding Bush, Blair and Aznar - 

Funnily I am having trouble finding the actual pic (on images) that I remember  - the three men making some 'important' announcement about war with Iraq -

just the three of them, standing with their national flags - looking pretty alone and internationally isolated -

I must be thinking about stuff from this time --- although I was remembering wrong and thought it was in Washington - ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2853421.stm

The carefully choreographed meeting in the Azores between George Bush, Tony Blair and Jose Maria Aznar is, in effect, a council of war.

monstruos.jpg

Although Aznar was useful to Bush and Blair innitially he evidently didn't last long and the Spanish electorate must have got rid of him quite quickly -

On this link about who took part in the Iraq war Spain withdrew from Iraq in 2004 and didn't even take part in the invasion..?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-National_Force_–_Iraq

The Multi-National Force – Iraq (MNF–I), often referred to as the coalition forces, was a military commandduring the 2003 invasion of Iraq—codenamed "Operation Iraqi Freedom"—and much of the ensuing Iraq War, led by the United States of America, United Kingdom, Australia, Spain and Poland, responsible for conducting and handling military operations.

So yeah - you're right the Australian PM was 'enthusiastic' ----- committing 2000 troops to the invasion -- and Poland sent 200 troops !! I'd forgotten all about them - and other countries came and went at various times - probably due to some behind the scenes arm twisting and favour pay backs..?  

the more the merrier--- to take the heat off the US and UK a bit - and make it look like there was more support than there actually was...

things got pretty nasty in the build up (not telling you what you already know - just remembering as we are finally on the brink of the Chilcot Report coming out -)

for example

http://www.wrmea.org/2003-may/spain-s-el-pais-calls-u.s.-led-attacks-on-iraq-a-tremendous-immortality.html

“Day by day, the shape of a new post-Iraq Europe is emerging. A line is being drawn between the nations who have principles and the nations who posture,” Britain’s tabloidThe Sun wrote on Feb. 20.“France and Germany are led by slippery, hypocritical creatures who shame their countries by sneering at Britain and the United States,” it continued.

Edited by bee

LONDON, May 30 (UPI) -- Tony Blair has implied he will refute the conclusions of the Chilcot inquiry if it accuses him of committing Britain to the invasion of Iraq before he told parliament or the public.

I have no doubt the majority of criminals in prison will tell you they are innocent, Tony. Would you believe them, or the facts (and the Chilcot Report concerns itself with facts) by which they were convicted?

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1