Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

History of Islam

Phaeton80

A crash course in Islamic history for those that are interested..

The core religious allegory of Islam starts with Muhammad’s revelations in the caves and ends with the death of the fourth successor Ali, almost forty years later. The allegory is analogous to the Last Supper, the Crucifixion, and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ in Christianity. During Muhammad’s lifetime, his community gained control over the Arabian Peninsula. Though he passed away in 632, Islam’s story continued through his four closest followers: Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, and Ali, who together formed the Rashidun, or Rightly Guided One’s. Together, they established the first Islamic state, the Caliphate.

In just thirty years, the Rashidun Caliphate conquered all of Persia, Egypt, Mesopotamia, the Levant, and even parts of the Byzantine Empire in Anatolia. In some ways, this new state resembled a democracy. All four leaders were elected by council representatives. But the transition of power between these leaders was not straightforward.

Part II

• Like 2

• Like 2

• Like 1

Well, apparantly not as interesting a title, subject. Could it be we're mainly interested in negative, slanted content that affirms our oversimplified pre- conceived notions..?

• Like 1

Reminds too many of History Class back in school ... :yes:

• Like 1

On 5-6-2016 at 6:43 PM, third_eye said:

Reminds too many of History Class back in school ... :yes:

I loved history class.. one of my favourite subjects.. Beats the hell out of French any day.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2016 at 10:36 AM, Phaeton80 said:

Well, apparantly not as interesting a title, subject. Could it be we're mainly interested in negative, slanted content that affirms our oversimplified pre- conceived notions..?

It was extremely interesting.  The gist of these clips is slightly slanted.  It was not oversimplified.  Much of it I knew and there was a lot that I didn't know.  It was very educational.  What you call pre-conceived notions are only completely supported by these clips.  But this isn't the forum to discuss those.  You should have just left the clips as is and not commented further.

I really admire Aisha.  She was an awesome woman.  She was a great leader in battle.  She flowed along the lines of an Arabic Joan of Arc or Boadicea.  It is most unfortunate that she is only remembered and used to attack Mohammed as being a pedophile which I have never agreed with.

It is interesting that under Uthman, use of state loans for Muslims to purchase conquered lands was one way to grow the empire.  Funny that when it legally happened in Palestine after 1910, that the Jews should have never been allowed to do it.  Sort of a turnaround is fair play doctrine.

Muawiyah perfected the doctrine (make a reasonable yet unattainable demand to your opponent with the sole purpose to disgrace him in the eyes of the public) that Mohammed used in how he established treaties and then could take advantage when they were broken.  Very much the same way Obama does internal diplomacy with the Republicans and other enemies of the state.

And then finally, Conspiracy of the Khawarij.  Establish a false premise that Muslims have fallen away from the faith and that groups like ISIS are not following true Islam.  And not realizing that no matter how many reset buttons are hit through time, there will always be the Khawarij.  This evolution *IS* true Islam.  The Khawarij are just as much true Islam as any Muslim following the Sunnah.

22 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Your specific interpretation keeps amazing me. The projection of the conspiracy o/t Khawarij being a false premise, further claiming this specific branch is true Islam, takes the cake. But weve been there, done that. All I can say is; thanks for your input.. I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

For people desiring to further explore / inform themselves about the religion.. Heres a good source - in my opnion - for those seriously wanting to acqaint themselves with the Qur'an, instead of always being dependent on others:

http://www.ulc.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/English-Quran-With-Commentaries.pdf

• Like 1