Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant alligator panics golfers on course

Still Waters

An exceptionally large alligator has been filmed taking a casual stroll across a golf course in Florida, as terrified golf players looked on.

Charles Helms was enjoying a relaxing afternoon of golf with a friend at Buffalo Creek Golf Course in Palmetto when he spotted the enormous reptile heading their way.

Of course, he immediately reached for his mobile phone and started filming the beast.

Initially, the colossal size of the creature made him think it was part of a practical joke.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/31/giant-alligator-panics-golfers-as-it-ambles-across-course-in-flordia

• Like 6

Jeez alou thats a brute.All you get on our courses is some chav pinching all your golf balls.

Edited by TopToffee
  • Like 3

We have a PGA golf course south of the city that often has alligators moseying around. Just call for the Swamp People. Those guys will handle it. :D It's where the Zurich Classic is played.

Edited by Child of Bast

That's one hell of a hazard.  I wonder if the guy with the phone let the people behind him play through.

• Like 6

Guy must have been out of space on his phone.    I would think he would have more video.

• Like 2

That's the gator that took Chubb's hand!!! :P

• Like 7

I'm calling hoax on this one. It looks like CGI or some other kind of fakery. Something just looks off to me in it's movements.

Edited by Finity
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Finity said:

I'm calling hoax on this one. It looks like CGI or some other kind of fakery. Something just looks off to me in it's movements.

Are you nuts?  Do you call hoax on every video you see?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Finity said:

Now that you mention it, it does seem a little off but I'm not fully convinced either way yet. I've seen large alligators aimlessly walking around before and this does seem to be odd in how it moves compared to my memories of being up close to these creatures. But, if it's real, that's some fine footage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Why not said:

I have live in that area all my 48 years, and that's how a big gator looks when he strolls by. 

Then that's a hell of a gator. I'll be in the area in July so I may go check out this golf course myself. :D I have fond memories of an alligator following me and my friends around in a canoe in a river in the late '90s. This guy here is HUGE.

When I was young friends and I would dive the ponds on these golf courses for lost balls and sell them to golfers on the week ends. We were always aware of there presents, but never feared them much. Just kinda kept an eye on there location as we dove (at night). It's one of the many things I look back on and wonder how I made it this far in life.

• Like 2

Good God that's a monster of a gator.

• Like 4

Its fake. Look at around back of the gator when it passes the tree line. Its gets real blurry. It looks like it has that aura effect around it.

• Like 1

This one, that was caught in Florida recently, was pretty big as well.

Got me thinking of that poor women that was taken by a crocodile in Australia last week - can you imagine the horror of getting caught and dragged under by a beast like this!?! *shudders*

ORLANDO, Fla. — A 780-pound “monster” alligator slain in a Florida hunt and hauled out of the water with a farm tractor falls short of the state record for length, a wildlife official said earlier this week.

“A big alligator nonetheless, but they are not going to have an official measurement because it’s not going to beat the record,” Tony Young, spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, said in a phone interview.

The longest alligator caught in the wild in Florida was measured at 14 feet 3-1/2 inches, he said. The state record for the heaviest gator taken from the wild is 1,043 pounds, according to the commission’s records.

The animal killed last Saturday in a hunt at Outwest Farms in Okeechobee near the Florida Everglades was estimated by farm officials to be about 15 feet long, local media reported.

http://www.albanyherald.com/sports/monster-alligator-killed-in-florida-hunt/article_26fcca2d-ee53-5813-a3e2-aef935cef959.html

r8CnryV.jpg

• Like 2

"Dave! Get next to it for perspective!"

Um, Dave ... you need new friends.

• Like 4

Could that be a crocadile ?? I know they have them in florida

6 hours ago, EllJay said:

This one, that was caught in Florida recently, was pretty big as well.

Got me thinking of that poor women that was taken by a crocodile in Australia last week - can you imagine the horror of getting caught and dragged under by a beast like this!?! *shudders*

r8CnryV.jpg

That's big, but the kid is on the other side of the tractor. Perspective makes it look a lot larger then it really is. Still that is a big one....

• Like 1

I don't think this (OP alligator) is fake, the feet don't move in a regular rhythm. If it was CG I'd expect the gait to be more even. 

Blurryness isn't always telling. The guy was using a cell phone camera for goodness sakes. Cell phones aren't known for their incredible number of pixels.

• Like 3

What would be the purpose of faking a alligator??? I mean seriously. ... come on you neah sayers.. give it a break

Edited by FTWind
  • Like 4