Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Donates $5.6 million to Veterans

Dark_Grey

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/gettyimages-534777122.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780&strip=all

Let me preface this with a warning:

If you follow this story on any left-leaning site, don't expect any substance. There is next to no mention of the actual donations on CNN, ABC or Fox, but yet all have full page articles dedicated to the same Trump half-quotes from his speech on the donations. A full scoop of every facet of Trump's attitude problem, but not a peep about the FBI investigation on Hillary. Journalism!

List of Charities and Amount Donated

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-claims-5.6m-raised-for-vets-causes/article/2592612

According to the Washington Post, the disabled veterans' group Racing for Heroes "received a $100,000 donation in the first weeks after the Iowa fundraiser," followed by another check more recently. Other groups, including the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund and Bob Woodruff Foundation, received their checks in the days leading up to Trump's press conference.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-announces-5-6-million-in-donations-to-veterans-groups/

With representatives from various veterans organizations and supporters standing behind him, Trump listed the names of groups that have received money from a fundraiser he held at the end of January in lieu of attending a Fox News debate.

The amount totaled out to $5.6 million dollars -- not the $6 million in contributions he had originally claimed.

Wow CBS - that's $5.6 million vets didn't have yesterday and it's $5.6 million the Clintons have not donated. As an aside, $1 million came from Trump's personal cash (that's only 4 Clinton speeches!) This is how you win moderates. Also, disregard the obviously manipulated picture - we all know only racist white men vote Trump.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 5

He has lots of money and tries to buy himself some support... Good for him.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

I hear crickets...

Seeing that list of donations it makes sense that it took a while to sort it out. I was under the impression he'd raised all the money for a specific veterans group. Well done.

• Like 4

The title makes it sound like Trump actually gave the money to vets, but apparently, he held a fundraiser, and other people donated the money. Are we lauding the fact that he didn't keep it? It does look like he added $1 million to it, which is nothing to sniff at...but also incredibly well-timed. 

It's kinda like that funny song "Be Prepared" that has the line...be prepared, and be careful not to do your good deeds...when there's no one watching you. ;) 

The timing? This started in February and he's never been out of the spotlight. People start a new thread about him everyday here the second they have a fleeting thought about him and I'd wager that he is now the most talked about individual in the history of this forum. Who's not watching him?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Yamato said:

Oh my gosh!   Who let a Muslim immigrant in there?  

Trump2.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yamato said:

She came to the country legally.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2016 at 6:49 PM, Yamato said:

And, she's a woman too!!

On 5/31/2016 at 8:53 PM, ChaosRose said:

The title makes it sound like Trump actually gave the money to vets, but apparently, he held a fundraiser, and other people donated the money. Are we lauding the fact that he didn't keep it? It does look like he added $1 million to it, which is nothing to sniff at...but also incredibly well-timed. 

It's kinda like that funny song "Be Prepared" that has the line...be prepared, and be careful not to do your good deeds...when there's no one watching you. ;) 

What you're missing here is that the media tried to spin this as if Trump never handed over the cash - or he exaggerated the amount.

Trump claimed 6 million, the media said he was lying. Turned out to be 5.6 million so far, with donations still coming in.

Trump's press conference the other day was enlightening on this issue, and others.

Love the way the guy doesn't just stand there and take the lies and innuendos of the manipulative press.

Harte

Edited by Harte
None of your damn business.
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Myles said:

She came to the country legally.

As other Muslim immigrants should after her. 

2 hours ago, Harte said:

What you're missing here is that the media tried to spin this as if Trump never handed over the cash - or he exaggerated the amount.

Trump claimed 6 million, the media said he was lying. Turned out to be 5.6 million so far, with donations still coming in.

Trump's press conference the other day was enlightening on this issue, and others.

Love the way the guy doesn't just stand there and take the lies and innuendos of the manipulative press.

Harte

Posted for comparison, in the interest of fairness:

Harte

• Like 1

I watched Trump's speech where he railed against the media over the veteran's funds.  My take on it was that the media finally figured out how to push his buttons on demand.  He could have just flat out refused to give the list like he is doing for his tax returns or he could have just posted it on his campaign site.  But the media got under his skin and egged him on enough that he went up on TV and started insulting people like he usually does when he gets flustered.  I'm pretty sure this was by design and that there is more of this to come.

On 6/2/2016 at 10:24 PM, Gromdor said:

I watched Trump's speech where he railed against the media over the veteran's funds.  My take on it was that the media finally figured out how to push his buttons on demand.  He could have just flat out refused to give the list like he is doing for his tax returns or he could have just posted it on his campaign site.  But the media got under his skin and egged him on enough that he went up on TV and started insulting people like he usually does when he gets flustered.  I'm pretty sure this was by design and that there is more of this to come.

it's about time someone spoke up to the media.

6 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

it's about time someone spoke up to the media.

Yes, we should limit free press.

On 6/6/2016 at 11:09 PM, Likely Guy said:

Yes, we should limit free press.

I'm referring to the liars of the media in saying that it's about time someone spoke up to them.

3 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I'm referring to the liars of the media in saying that it's about time someone spoke up to them.

Lying doesn't mean saying things that are true that you just don't want people to know. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Right, the members of the press that you don't agree with?

No matter how you spin it, Trump didn't fork over the dough until after the press hounded him about it. That's not a lie.