Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cow Mutilations in Eastern Plains of Colorado

WisdomGarden

So I grew up in a tiny cowtown called Kiowa in Elbert County Colorado. Tiny ass town, middle of nowhere, surrounded by farmland. This is something that happened years ago back when I was in High School and has always bothered me even to this day. Figured I'd try to get some input.

One of my classmates owned farm animals, mostly cows, and during class I overheard them talking about how another one had been killed. This was maybe the 5th or 6th cow they had found dead in their field, and they blamed it on a Cult that apparently lived in the neighborhood a few miles away. I guess that made sense but it didn't feel right. The descriptions of what happened to the cows was too...specific...for a Cult. It pretty much went like this. 

The cows were

-Completely drained of blood but there was none on the ground around them

-Eyes perfectly scooped out

-Heart was missing

-Other random body parts were missing and were precisely, almost surgically, removed. Like one of them its lower jaw was gone, another it's heart and liver, one just it's legs. Weird **** like that. 

When I say too specific, that's not to say a cult would be sloppy with harvesting, just that there would be room for human error unless they were a skilled surgeon with special tools. I mean maybe it was a cult or just some backwoods psychos, small town in the middle of nowhere wouldn't surprise me I got the hell out of there after I graduated, but one thing that I know for certain is that there is absolutely no way we are alone in this world. It just simply cannot be possible. I never asked this classmate about it since we weren't exactly friends and saying "I think the gray beings got to your cow" would have been pretty frowned upon lol

• Like 1

Sounds obvious because it makes sense to think that members of an intelligent, highly developed extraterrestrial civilization jump into a multi billion whatever currency spacecraft, travel at the speed of light, or a little less, across the dangerous vastness of the universe just for the reason to visit a tiny lousy village and to mutilate some cows there. And to leave the planet immediately afterwards without any other action taken and without been observed.

Dude, yr nonsense story is that old. It has been known since the time rubber boots were made out of wood.

Edited by toast
Bongo-Bongo!
  • Like 4

Was just something that was a weird occurrence that I was curious about back then, no need to be harsh :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WisdomGarden said:

Was just something that was a weird occurrence that I was curious about back then, no need to be harsh :) 

I wasnt harsh in any kind but I had to make it clear that the story is just what it is, a story.

• Like 2

Seeing as this sort of thing is a well known story I think we can assume (if you are telling the truth(which I'm not saying you aren't) that these things happen more frequently then people think.

You would have thought aliens know enough about cows by now.

One of my classmates owned farm animals, mostly cows, and during class I overheard them talking

Some....Kids at school -  simply come out with some BS stories they read about in daft books....or saw on TV.....or heard others mention....

• Like 2

17 hours ago, toast said:

Sounds obvious because it makes sense to think that members of an intelligent, highly developed extraterrestrial civilization jump into a multi billion whatever currency spacecraft, travel at the speed of light, or a little less, across the dangerous vastness of the universe just for the reason to visit a tiny lousy village and to mutilate some cows there.

If these cases are true why do you assume they are extraterrestrial? If they are extraterrestrial and much more advanced than humans why would space travel be dangerous?  

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

If there's a new case with proper veterinary provenance, let's see it. 

Is provenance your word of the month?

17 minutes ago, Benfornow said:

If these cases are true why do you assume they are extraterrestrial?

Maybe because you posted in the ET section

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, seeder said:

Maybe because you posted in the ET section

So by that logic everyone must naturally assume everything posted in this section is caused by extraterrestrial beings and not some other cause. 

5 minutes ago, Benfornow said:

So by that logic everyone must naturally assume everything posted in this section is caused by extraterrestrial beings and not some other cause. 

the OP said

I never asked this classmate about it since we weren't exactly friends and saying "I think the gray beings got to your cow" would have been pretty frowned upon lol

Grey beings are classic in ET beliefs...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benfornow said:

Did you read the OP, Ben?  As seeder pointed out, human or animal/insect involvement was effectively being dismissed.  *and* it was posted in the ET section...

If people start a thread here, then *they* clearly think the ET hypothesis is worthwhile, and therefore .. this being a discussion forum and all .. well .. that possibility might just be discussed.

Funny, that.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Benfornow said:

If these cases are true why do you assume they are extraterrestrial? If they are extraterrestrial and much more advanced than humans why would space travel be dangerous?  

What? :wacko:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Did you read the OP, Ben?  As seeder pointed out, human or animal/insect involvement was effectively being dismissed.  *and* it was posted in the ET section.

Either this a truly unique case or you did lousy research, which is it? 

23 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

In every case like this I've looked at, the truth is not quite as reported, and all the effects are simply 'normal' (eg most blood draining out from an injury/attack, subsequent predation of 'softer' body parts by animals/insects/birds.. ), or occasionally the work of a very sick individual.

11 hours ago, toast said:

What? :wacko:

Your claims not mine.

On 6/7/2016 at 1:57 AM, toast said:

Sounds obvious because it makes sense to think that members of an intelligent, highly developed extraterrestrial civilization jump into a multi billion whatever currency spacecraft, travel at the speed of light, or a little less, across the dangerous vastness of the universe just for the reason to visit a tiny lousy village and to mutilate some cows there. And to leave the planet immediately afterwards without any other action taken and without been observed.

Dude, yr nonsense story is that old. It has been known since the time rubber boots were made out of wood.

If the aliens were keen on getting biological material for ?? reason, it would indeed be worth all that and more.  As I understand it, a large biological reservoir like a cow would be a very rare find in the universe.  No?  It's tissues on a more universal scale, would be worth more than gold, emeralds or platinum.

Edited by SSilhouette

On 6/7/2016 at 4:27 AM, WisdomGarden said:

So I grew up in a tiny cowtown called Kiowa in Elbert County Colorado. Tiny ass town, middle of nowhere, surrounded by farmland. This is something that happened years ago back when I was in High School and has always bothered me even to this day. Figured I'd try to get some input.

One of my classmates owned farm animals, mostly cows, and during class I overheard them talking about how another one had been killed. This was maybe the 5th or 6th cow they had found dead in their field, and they blamed it on a Cult that apparently lived in the neighborhood a few miles away. I guess that made sense but it didn't feel right. The descriptions of what happened to the cows was too...specific...for a Cult. It pretty much went like this. 

The cows were

-Completely drained of blood but there was none on the ground around them

-Eyes perfectly scooped out

-Heart was missing

-Other random body parts were missing and were precisely, almost surgically, removed. Like one of them its lower jaw was gone, another it's heart and liver, one just it's legs. Weird **** like that. 

When I say too specific, that's not to say a cult would be sloppy with harvesting, just that there would be room for human error unless they were a skilled surgeon with special tools. I mean maybe it was a cult or just some backwoods psychos, small town in the middle of nowhere wouldn't surprise me I got the hell out of there after I graduated, but one thing that I know for certain is that there is absolutely no way we are alone in this world. It just simply cannot be possible. I never asked this classmate about it since we weren't exactly friends and saying "I think the gray beings got to your cow" would have been pretty frowned upon lol

Seriously I think these events are human origin in some cases instead of predators or aliens. Aliens get blamed for everything because people want to believe in them.

When I was a teen I was an avid horseback rider. I was riding on a trail with the owner of a ranch that had sheep cattle and fowl. We came across a newly one day dead cow and sheep. It was weird because stomache heart  eyes private parts were gone. Well the buzzards make tears and could have done the eyes. I asked the owner what caused this because the incisions were in precise circles and the sheep had throat cut to get blood I assumed. He said it happened before and it sure not being done by an animal. 

Later, I discovered there was an active crazy occult group in the area. My conclusion is that they needed some parts for some potion or ritual and the ranch was a perfect target for sheep and cattle parts. No mystery really.

1 hour ago, SSilhouette said:

If the aliens were keen on getting biological material for ?? reason, it would indeed be worth all that and more.  As I understand it, a large biological reservoir like a cow would be a very rare find in the universe.  No?  It's tissues on a more universal scale, would be worth more than gold, emeralds or platinum.

Even us dumb humans dont do much with cows organs, except eat them, or make then into pet food...what use are eyes/heart etc to aliens? An alien group smart enough and technological enough, to even get here would have outdone us in fields like DNA/stem cells......so wouldnt need to butcher them for parts, you could just take their blood and have access to EVERY organ....to be regrown in an alien lab. But OH NO, super smart technologically superior aliens apparently use medieval style butchery methods

How come they never mutilate dolphins? Dogs or Apes? Much smarter critters than cows......why not just Humans? We are at the top of the food chain....but they just want cows?

And why dont these aliens ever stop off and say Hi to us Humans?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, seeder said:

Even us dumb humans dont do much with cows organs, except eat them, or make then into pet food...what use are eyes/heart etc to aliens? An alien group smart enough and technological enough, to even get here would have outdone us in fields like DNA/stem cells......so wouldnt need to butcher them for parts, you could just take their blood and have access to EVERY organ....to be regrown in an alien lab. But OH NO, super smart technologically superior aliens apparently use medieval style butchery methods

How come they never mutilate dolphins? Dogs or Apes? Much smarter critters than cows......why not just Humans? We are at the top of the food chain....but they just want cows?

Because said aliens are utterly xenophobic - and, in addition, have very poor skills driving their craft.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SSilhouette said:

Well, I dont think that I`m willing to take a little kids horror story as a basis to think about and to discuss about what aliens would do on Earth and for what reason.

2 hours ago, seeder said:

They did that already in 2009. The alienz said Hi to a Manchester United hooligan gang right after a defeat against Celtic FC (0:3). The mission failed, all 5 alienz got hurt and returned to NGC5457 without scientific results but with contusions (lots of it). As a result of the failed mission, alien HQ decided to focus on cows only during the next missions.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2016 at 9:20 PM, ChrLzs said:

In every case like this I've looked at, the truth is not quite as reported, and all the effects are simply 'normal'

Got any links? I've been trying to nip this one in the bud for a while. I've only heard of these reports (cattle mutilations) and I saw one documentary that had one brief example. There does seem to be a consistency with these stories but nothing that points to aliens or whatever. 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, seeder said:

Maybe they're Bovinoids and ain't got no use for talking monkies.

• Like 2