Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Football fans chant for ISIS at Euro 2016

seeder

The Euro football games 'may' be targeted by IS affiliates, or so the news has repeatedly warned. Now English football fans are well known for huge fights at football games and I dont doubt theyd beat the daylights out of a terrorist if they got their hands on one.........but surely they must realise you cant really fight those with guns and bombs...

England fans chanting 'ISIS, where are you?' in violent clashes with Marseille locals and police firing tear gas as Euro 2016 build-up turns bloody

Thousands of supporters have landed in France ahead of Euro 2016 match
    Roy Hodgson's side begin campaign against Russia in on Saturday night
    But loyal supporters already enjoying hearty day's drinking in summer sun
    Police on high alert after riots between England and Tunisia fans in 1998

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3633958/England-fans-truly-arrived-France-Bare-chested-supporters-hit-beers-Marseille-ahead-opening-game-Russia.html#ixzz4B88HNuzI

Yea you can't really fist fight your way out of a suicide bombing. 

Calling them out probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Use your brain said:

Yea you can't really fist fight your way out of a suicide bombing. 

Calling them out probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

...lets not kid ourselves, these lads are in France for the football, drinking and violence and not necessarily in that order either. 

• Like 4

Good on them. The fans at the tournament should be showing ISIS that they aren't being cowed and terrorised.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

...lets not kid ourselves, these lads are in France for the football, drinking and violence and not necessarily in that order either. 

The shameful part of being English is having idiots like this abroad.

Disgusting really we still haven't got to grips with it yet.

• Like 5

well of course we havn't , there has always been a part of the English psyche that is more than happy to trade punches, whether for politics or football, and regardless of who they are up against. It goes back centuries and certainly predates football.  It'll probably outlast football too.

Whilst violence for the sake of it can't be condoned, this tendency is a good thing- a sign of a society that isn't afraid of its Government and willing to go up against the systems of authority to protect its own freedoms...of course the Americans will be along in a moment to tell us we can only ensure we have freedom from tyranny if you have guns, but in fact a halfbrick in a sock is just as effective...

And I like that people aren't bowing to a terrorist threat.

25 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

this tendency is a good thing- a sign of a society that isn't afraid of its Government and willing to go up against the systems of authority to protect its own freedoms

Ohh, come on... let's not justify these drunken yobbos with a grand purpose behind their behaviour.

I remember being at a match against Burnley a few years back, watching a large group of half-dressed, p***ed up animals kicking the crap out of a bus, which was carrying disabled kids from the match. Nothing noble there.

These idiots shame the game, and they shame their country.

As for the OP, if they actually had to face the kind of horrors that Parisians saw last year they'd probably wet themselves. Also... not too bright to wreak havok in a country that's still in a state of emergency after those attacks...

• Like 4

I wasn't, as I said, violence for the sake of it is stupid and unjustifiable, whether its a terrorist or a football hooligan.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, skookum said:

really? i thought all English were like that,   on the same note may be not all Americans gun toting rednecks

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aztek said:

really? i thought all English were like that,   on the same note may be not all Americans gun toting rednecks

I find a lot of British peoples behaviour abroad embarrassing. This is obviously an extreme but we don't have a good reputation abroad.  OK we spend loads on drink etc but then break the resorts to pieces. We want to be abroad then we want to turn the reorts British, never understood it.

A lady I use to work with use to speak in French to her husband when in Spain and Greece as she tried to avoid being identified as English.  Says it all really.

As for America I have been there 6 times on work and pleasure, yet to met a gun owner.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, skookum said:

I think you'll find they were behaving perfectly until they were set upon by Marseille football thugs - the notorious Marseille ultras who are known for violoence around Europe. The police have even confirmed it. A bar owner even said the English fans were brilliant until a gang of Marseille ultras started attacking them, with some brandishing knives.

Still, blame the English fans, eh?

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

Anyway. Hulligans at soccer is nothing new no mattet what country.

Good Luck England against Russia. Tonight I am wearing the Flag of St. George for my English friends.

• Like 1

The news is showing running battles between the Brit fans and rivals.....riot cops there, plenty of tear gas, arrests, people hospitalized, bar set on fire...

who needs a terror alert.....

• Like 1

2 English fans in a critical condition said the TV news just now

17 minutes ago, seeder said:

2 English fans in a critical condition said the TV news just now

That' bad. Sometimes I can not remember why I left Europe but ocasions like that remind me.

I wish soccer fans could enjoy a nice game with a cold one like I do watching the Blue Jays.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Black Monk said:

I think you'll find they were behaving perfectly until they were set upon by Marseille football thugs - the notorious Marseille ultras who are known for violoence around Europe. The police have even confirmed it. A bar owner even said the English fans were brilliant until a gang of Marseille ultras started attacking them, with some brandishing knives.

England fans aren't blameless, but you have a fair point on where it started.

Yesterday sounds like it was initiated by a French group, and today it was reported that the violence outside the ground started with a group of black-clad Russians, and inside the ground when Russian fans charged English fans.

It was also reported that a "stampede" started after an explosion amongst the Russian fans, which you could clearly hear towards the end of the game. How in the hell did they get a large firework or whatever it was through the security? Doesn't exactly speak well for all the anti-terrorism measures that are supposed to be in place...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

England fans aren't blameless, but you have a fair point on where it started.

English fans are a magnet when it comes to violence regardless of whether they are to blame or not.  

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 4:09 PM, skookum said:

Russia is being sanctioned by UEFA on Tuesday for the behaviour of its fans. England is having no action taken against it as its supporters have been entirely on the receiving end. Its kind of disgusting on RT News how instead of condemning the behaviour of their fans they are laughing at incidents of England fans running away for their lives.

I dont know if its enough to send Russia home early but I think points deduction is justified.

• Like 2

On 11/06/2016 at 11:56 AM, Black Monk said:

I use to sometimes believe this until I was unfortunately invited on a stag do with a friend and his football club.  We went to Brugge and I couldn't believe the behaviour.  Seriously it was like we were Vikings invading a foreign land.  Within an hour we all had to scatter as most of the police in the area were on a look out for us.  The behaviour defied belief, poor innocent families were left terrified and intimidated as they ran riot.

I abandoned the idea of the coach home later that day and with a couple of non-football club members boarded a train and made our way home.  Unfortunately they caught up with us on the ferry.  The riot carried on onboard the ship causing the ship to have to close all the bars and shops carrying alcohol.  At one point I found myself in a stand off between the ships purser and other crew and a group of these thugs.  I was able to cool the situation, at one point I had to gently prize the pursers tie out of their hands.  

I will not lie but I was terrified but avoided arrest at Dover as the ships crew told the police how hard I tried to defuse the situation and how it would have likely escalated without my intervention.

I know for a fact that some of these people are out in France at the moment.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 2

Not just the Brits

So will they face a ban too? Germany and Ukraine supporters clash as Euro 2016 is marred by its fourth day of violence

Fans were filmed throwing chairs and beer bottles in Lille this evening
    It is not known if any arrests were made as result of brawling in city
    There has now been trouble in Marseille, Nice and Lille involving fans
    England, Russia and Northern Ireland are the other nations responsible

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637910/So-face-ban-Germany-Ukraine-supporters-clash-Euro-2016-marred-fourth-day-violence.html#ixzz4BQ1Qzi5J

Maybe it's about time they just opened up big arenas so those who want to drink and fight can duke it out to the last idiot standing. No medical treatment after the event. Fight like an idiot, bleed like an idiot.

Then perhaps the families that want to go and watch the football and enjoy the local culture can do so in peace.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2016 at 8:36 AM, odas said:

I wish soccer fans could enjoy a nice game with a cold one like I do watching the Blue Jays.

That would be like taking all the emotion and drama out of the game and making it become boring like Ice Hockey.  :P

• Like 2

BREAKING NEWS: Russian 'ultras' attack English and Welsh fans in Lille as 'hyper violent' thugs ignore UEFA threat to ban their country from Euro 2016

Group of Russians attacked English and Welsh supporters at a bar in Lille
    Chairs were thrown and man seen lying on the ground amid violent scenes
    Came after Russia was threatened with being thrown out of the competition
    UEFA imposed sanction after violent scenes in Marseille's Stade Velodrome
    But the country's sports minister described the punishment as 'excessive'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3641415/Russian-ultras-attack-English-Welsh-fans-Lille-hyper-violent-thugs-ignore-UEFA-threat-ban-country-Euro-2016.html#ixzz4BaC2FcHi

• Like 1