Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre moment runaway robot blocks busy road

Anomalocaris

Watch the bizarre moment a self-learning android escapes testing area and causes havoc on the roads

It is not every day you see a runaway robot causing traffic chaos in a city centre. The robot, named Promobot, was being put through its paces at a research lab in the city of Perm in central Russia's Perm Krai region. The robot, designed to avoid obstacles and to turn around when it reached a boundary, had been left walking around an outside yard.

See more at Daily Mail

• 2 weeks later...

This "AI" must not have had access to Liveleak. If it had, it would know that running out of batteries in the middle of a street in the land of Vodka is not the greatest idea. Maybe it did not run out of batteries but was rather trying to commit robot suicide. 

Edited by Ugly1
  • Like 2

Umm... everytime this thing is left alone it tries to escape? I say kill it... kill it with fire and all companies developig this kinda AI ****ING STOP cuz I would really like my kids grow up in a robotit tyrannical overlord free world. Thank you please but they ain't gonna. 

11 minutes ago, McFakename said:

Umm... everytime this thing is left alone it tries to escape? I say kill it... kill it with fire and all companies developig this kinda AI ****ING STOP cuz I would really like my kids grow up in a robotit tyrannical overlord free world. Thank you please but they ain't gonna. 

How do I know you are not a robot, hmmm ?

12 hours ago, Habitat said:

How do I know you are not a robot, hmmm ?

Because of my misspelling in the first post. Lol

On 6/25/2016 at 9:05 PM, McFakename said:

I don't know. If our Tyrannical overlord wasn't overtly implementing Luciferianism then I might be more inclined to agree. When the evil is given over fully to the dark side, we would long for the control of a master without the knowledge of evil. I only say this because what I quoted implies that we don't have a boot of tyranny on our necks as of yet. I disagree with that assumption and assert that I would say the boot of luciferiansm may be more cruel than a boot of self preservation. A robot only wants to destroy humans as long as they are a threat. A Luciferian spirt wants to destroy everything about man that is man. This would be equivalent to a supercomputer AI constantly trying to do nothing but destroy humans instead of preserve itself. Big difference imo.

• 2 weeks later...