Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IRON MAIDEN Tour Poster Banned In Lithuania

bmk1245

IRON MAIDEN Tour Poster Banned In Lithuania For Being Too Scary For Kids

According to Newsweek, a poster advertising IRON MAIDEN's upcoming concert in Lithuania has been banned by the Baltic country's authorities because the band's Eddie mascot may frighten little kids.

A Lithuanian spokesman for concert promotion agency Live Nation told local news site Delfi that authorities had expressed concern at the effect the poster — which features Eddie with glowing red eyes, wearing white tribal paint and holding a heart in one hand and a bloodied knife in the other — might have on children and ordered all posters be taken down immediately.

Read more

Freakin' idiots. What next those morons "child protectors" will come up with?

How about removing all images of a man, barely dressed, and nailed to the cross?

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 3

ironmaidenbookofsoulstourposter_638 I have to admit, it is a little disturbing. Nothing i can't handle but I'm not a child.

• Like 2

Worried it might scare children??? Jeeeesh, have they seen any the video games that kids are playing these days? 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, BiffSplitkins said:

Worried it might scare children??? Jeeeesh, have they seen any the video games that kids are playing these days? 

Good point; GTA5, Call of Duty (Zombies) etc... I don't see why kids are more interested in playing these games than most adults.

This band is old enough to know what they were doing.  They have been around since 1980 or so.  They must be in their 50's or 60's by now.   Even their earliest album covers were in a similar style.  So no surprises for me.

I think the real question is: is the music good, by metal standards?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, little_dreamer said:

This band is old enough to know what they were doing.  They have been around since 1980 or so.  They must be in their 50's or 60's by now.   Even their earliest album covers were in a similar style.  So no surprises for me.

I think the real question is: is the music good, by metal standards?

By metal standards, Iron Maiden is not just good, they're classics. Also, soft enough for the wide audience. 

I still keep my very, very old tee with the oldest Eddie (from the Killers album cover). I was practically a child when I got that utterly prized possession. And even as a child, I understood very clearly he's cartoonish mascot. He, sadly, can't reach out the cover or poster :( Well, what can we do, nothing's perfect.   

Of course, there are sane kids too, not every child feels the way I did. Still I don't know what some people think they'll achieve with overprotecting kids. And if they must overprotect them, then ban the news. Hide newspapers. There are the true horrors. That's the only way to raise truly helpless generations, that will stand in front of any problem frozen, like deer in the lights. Which reminds me cars must be banned or must have blinds on all windows, so children never see all the animals squashed on the road, possible accidents and probable middle fingers and so on... in short, Eddie is not a problem in this world. And Maiden is still the music of the angels. 

• Like 4

The 1980's albums are considered metal classics.  Just wondered how the band is doing in recent years,  if the newer stuff is still good.

• Like 1

The real world is a hell of a lot scarier than anything Iron Maiden can produce. I guess I can understand banning the tour posters from certain places though. It's not exactly a family friendly image...

Still... I'd be willing to bet that many of the kids they think they are protecting from such graphic depictions are playing the games already mentioned, along with watching Game of Thrones each week...

What the hell, let's have some classic Maiden while we're here...

Run to the hills children! :sk

• Like 5

2 hours ago, little_dreamer said:

The 1980's albums are considered metal classics.  Just wondered how the band is doing in recent years,  if the newer stuff is still good.

Sure the newer stuff is still good. Amazingly, it's still good live too. 

Will someone like it is, naturally, complicated and not really to be discussed :D

• Like 1

On 6/16/2016 at 1:18 PM, A_Maine96 said:

*snip*

I have to admit, it is a little disturbing. Nothing i can't handle but I'm not a child.

If child knows how heart looks like, why he/she should be scared?

I agree with arguments made by others about overprotection, games, and other stuff.

Anyway, I see here only proof of saying: "Dumb bureaucrat - bad enough, but dumb bureaucrat with initiatives - way far worse".

• Like 2

On 16 June 2016 at 9:55 PM, BiffSplitkins said:

Good point. There is no difference between the violence levels of a video game and this poster. But by the same token Lithuania isn't Aztec Tenochitlan. There should be some social attempt to limit such disturbing images publicly. In fact they should regulate such images for video games too. 

Cheers 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

Good point. There is no difference between the violence levels of a video game and this poster. But by the same token Lithuania isn't Aztec Tenochitlan. There should be some social attempt to limit such disturbing images publicly. In fact they should regulate such images for video games too. 

Cheers 

Ah, there you are. I was worried you were sacked. Or maybe quit your shameful job on your own, though I don't even dare hoping for such miracle. 

I see you're in the 'objective' phase, when you're still gaining the trust of people who you're supposed to gently sway to the Putin side later. So I'll give you a free advice: you are the last person to call for regulating anything in Baltic. You are showing your true agenda way too soon. 

Another reason to stay extremelly cautious of the regime you're working for - you'd regulate, huh? You'd limit our exposure to Iron Maiden, huh?

What do you recommend instead of oh, so disturbing metal then? Red Army choir?  

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Ah, there you are. I was worried you were sacked. Or maybe quit your shameful job on your own, though I don't even dare hoping for such miracle. 

I see you're in the 'objective' phase, when you're still gaining the trust of people who you're supposed to gently sway to the Putin side later. So I'll give you a free advice: you are the last person to call for regulating anything in Baltic. You are showing your true agenda way too soon. 

Another reason to stay extremelly cautious of the regime you're working for - you'd regulate, huh? You'd limit our exposure to Iron Maiden, huh?

What do you recommend instead of oh, so disturbing metal then? Red Army choir?  

LOL... yeah you got me...thats my end game, Helen... to remove Iron Maiden the "cultural" ambassadors of western civilisation and to help the new soviets reconquer the baltic and the ex soviet states with nothing more than the Red Army choir.. genius! 

3 minutes ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

LOL... yeah you got me...thats my end game, Helen... to remove Iron Maiden the "cultural" ambassadors of western civilisation and to help the new soviets reconquer the baltic and the ex soviet states with nothing more than the Red Army choir.. genius! 

Don't act more limited than you are. 

Maiden was just a detail we were talking about here. Your personal end game is to earn money posting for Putin. I can live with that, it's not your fault there are no decently paid honest jobs over there at your place. Who knows what would be your actual political choice if you had one. 

But your current government's end game is megalomaniac expansion. We all know that, you are wasting your time with us. The westerners... well, they have their fringe idiots, they'll love your work. At least someone will be happy. But those fringe idiots are not making decisions so either way you look at this, you're still wasting your time and Sankt Peterburg electricity. 

Let them see it. Big deal. They're already the Children of the Daaaaaaaaaaammmmed!!!!

• Like 2