Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman stalked by wolf for 12 hours

OverSword

A woman and her dog lost in the Canadian wilderness are stalked by a starving wolf.  She gets inspiration to save her life when she hears a Mama bear calling it's cubs.

Read it here

• Like 6

Crazy story, Im pretty sure this is the first time ive ever heard of someone being HAPPY about hearing a momma bear in the woods ! 

• Like 1

Pretty smart move.  The will to live can push people to do incredible things.

• Like 1

Remarkable woman, even though she was scared she was very gutsy. I'm glad her and her dog got home safe.

• Like 1

She's very lucky the wolf wasn't in better shape. A healthy one could have killed her dog easily. It was a ballsy move to get close to that bear cub. 

• Like 1

Whens the movie coming out?? Hollywood will be all over this since there is no originality left.

Edited by BadChadB33
  • Like 2

Something tells me that the presence of the owner's dog mitigated an attack.

I love dogs.

• Like 1

Why don't people carry self defense items when they go into the wilderness?  I'm not sure i would eat a mushroom collected by someone that does not.

This is gonna end up being a movie in about a year or 2.

• Like 2

I love how people are all like...oh...wolves don't go after people. If they're hungry enough, I'm sure they would. I've seen coyotes and wolves (from the safety of the car), and they have always looked hungry. 

• Like 1

I hated the way that article was written it was pieced together strange and frustrating! 

This would make a great movie.

• Like 1

Maybe the wolf thought his cousin, the dog, had first dibs and the wolf was just awaiting his turn at dinner.;)

Okay I'm going to be really honest, but I felt sorriest for the wolf. It did not make me happy to know it was so hungry.

Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day.
Live and die on this day.

Purple prose, terrible writing. Really doubt this story is true. Why wander farther into the woods? Why not back to civilization where the wolf will be less reluctant to follow? Also, wolves hunt in packs. What kind of dog was Joey? A Yorkie? A pit bull? My crap detector is going off big time on this 1943 piece of click bait.

I have been surrounded by wolves and all they did was stare at me and eventually walk away.  I have a hard time believing that the wolf was after her. it most likely was after the canine she was with, wild canines will kill and eat domestic ones if they can.

I do not believe there has ever been a credible case where a human has been attacked by a wolf.  Coyotes and children in places like Arizona and SoCal, but in wilder areas and by honest to god wolves, no. And here I'm a wolf myself.  My picture for this post is a dire wolf recreated at the Paige Museum in Los Angeles at the tar pits on Wilshire blvd.

• Like 1

couldn't she have climbed a tree or did she not want to have her pet dog killed so she stuck by the dog as much as the dog stuck by her ?

8 hours ago, zeek wulfe said:

I do not believe there has ever been a credible case where a human has been attacked by a wolf.  Coyotes and children in places like Arizona and SoCal, but in wilder areas and by honest to god wolves, no. And here I'm a wolf myself.  My picture for this post is a dire wolf recreated at the Paige Museum in Los Angeles at the tar pits on Wilshire blvd.

I caught the bus to the tar pits once, I went on the first Tuesday of the month, when it is free . I had read about it as a child and it was a bit of magic for me to actually be there seeing the pits and the museum . My favourite part was the pits and seeing the photos of the  original little humpy shack that the original owners built and then seeing the mansion they built with the money from oil .