Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What just happened!? (Astral projection)

Stonedsnaked

Hi guys, so this is my first post and I'll get straight to it. 
So basically I've been trying to astral project for the past three days with not much success (I hadn't even gotten to the "vibration stage" yet) but today I tried again with no success and eventually got tired and said I would sleep and try again in the morning. So I went to sleep and I think I fell asleep but the next thing I knew I was awake and my body was vibrating (when I say vibrating I mean literally shaking like I was on a roller coaster) i could also hear the loud noise in my head which sounded like a train screeching and a roller coaster ride happening at the same time, I didn't panic as I knew this was a good sign, this lasted for around 30seconds then stopped completely. At this point I knew I had to separate my body which was surprisingly easy, I just thought about getting up and it happened. 

Now for the interesting part, once I had separated I couldn't see properly, as in everything was so dark I could barely see the outlines of my room, I also couldn't move properly it was as if my body weighed 1000pounds. I could also hear a very strange almost scary growling type sound coming from the corner of my room (but I couldn't see so I didn't know what it was) I assumed it was a negative entity but I didn't fear it, I went to approach the sound so I could tell the entity to leave (it was very hard to move) once I got there I tried to speak to tell it to leave but I couldn't, whenever I tried to talk only a very quiet mumbling sound came out, at this point I think I panicked and suddenly returned to my body. This all lasted about 10-15 seconds. Also during this time I could still feel my physical body and I could feel my physical eyes closed even though I could feel and move my astral body,it was quite strange.

Can anyone tell me what happened, and how can I experience this again; this OBE wasn't intentional but I went along with it, how can I make it happen when I try to do it ?  
Sorry for the long story but I just want to know what happened and how I can have a proper OBE next time when I intend to do it.
Thanks.

Edited by Stonedsnaked
  • Like 1

I don't, I haven't had any experiences like that. :/ Sorry. I rarely even remember my dreams, and my lucid dreams are even more rare...I know OBE/AP isn't the same thing but yeah, doesn't happen for me. 

All of the sign is indeed an OBE : heavy body, vibration, darkness, unable to speak (there is no sound in this world, only the sound of the mind)

If you want it again, you can practice using techniques (search in this forum). Also meditation and lucid dreaming technique might help.

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎18 at 10:16 AM, Stonedsnaked said:

Also during this time I could still feel my physical body and I could feel my physical eyes closed even though I could feel and move my astral body,it was quite strange.

I have had this happen a couple of times as well.  And even though it was just after sunrise if I remember right, my "vision" was pretty murky and dark like you described. The "dual consciousness" as I call it is an interesting thing to experience for sure! I wrote about it in the forums somewhere but it was a few years ago. I'll see if I can find the post.

Here it is if you're interested. Page 38, post #938 & #945. somewhat similar to what you described.. Wow, can't believe it was 3 years ago already! Anyway, poke through that thread if you haven't already. You might find some information helpful. :) 

49 minutes ago, magnoliaReverie said:

Here it is if you're interested. Page 38, post #938 & #945. somewhat similar to what you described.. Wow, can't believe it was 3 years ago already! Anyway, poke through that thread if you haven't already. You might find some information helpful. :) 

Thank you for this, I'll have a read through, do you know why exactly this happened ? And how I can achieve this again but this time be able to see ? 

All I can say is that whenever I have had this kind of experience, it has always been early morning. After I initially wake up, then drift back into a relaxed state while trying to remain alert/awake.  As for improving your vision while in this state, I have no advice, sorry. I've read that it will clear as you gain experience though, which I don't have a lot off unfortunately.  Good Luck, and try not to overthink it.

• 1 month later...

It's going to be a while with altered state experiences until you have confidence and experience. I remeber spinning around my room uncontrollably, and sometimes falling through my bed. For a while it was a bit like "ghost dad".