Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man dies, vanishes during 'The Conjuring 2'

UM-Bot

The body of a 65-year-old man from India who died while watching the movie has since gone missing.

The peculiar series of events, which occurred at the Sri Balasubramaniar Cinema in Tiruvannamalai, began when the man started to complain of chest pains near to the end of a screening of the popular James Wan horror sequel 'The Conjuring 2'.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/295808/man-dies-vanishes-during-the-conjuring-2

• Like 1

The Article is lacking detail. maybe he fainted and just got up and left on his free will or was carried.

• Like 1

I guess the law of averages means someone else, at sometime .... has also died in a cinema, perhaps watching a Disney movie...or any non horror movies.

People die of heart attacks on trains, buses, in cars at the wheel, in the street, at work, on the sofa, in bed etc...and he died...in a cinema. IF the story is even true and not trying to get people through the doors

• Like 3

He didn't really vanish during the movie though, did he...? A man with a possible heart condition suffering an attack during a very scary movie isn't really that unrealistic.. Also this is in India! Having spend quite some time in that country, you wouldn't believe what those guys can loose, I can tell you... A dead body? Meh...

• Like 4

Reminds me of when The Exorcist made its appearance in the 1970s. It certainly conjured up its own oddities including alleged

... oh, my, a portion of my posting was mysteriously deleted!

Edited by highdesert50
part of posting deleted
  • Like 1

This reminds me of a spiritual healing show held in our town a few years ago.

It was so poor the first row left their wheelchairs and walked out before the interval.

• Like 1

All these interesting phenomenons that only seem to happen in that part of the world. 

So a guy had a heart attack watching a movie and then his body was misplaced. Nothing unusual there and the only reason we're probably hearing about it is because it happened during a horror movie. Just like all the hype about the curses that supposedly plagued other horror movies like Poltergeist, The Omen, The Exorcists and Amityville Horror, fr example. Even the first Conjuring movie apparently had a lot of paranormal activity going on both on and off the set, including strange claw marks on someone's computer. Certain things may have happened but I don't think they had anything to do with any kind of curse or haunting.

• Like 1

I thought the first movie was decent, it executed the clichés well and surprised me with a couple interesting scenes, is the second movie concerning the enfield poltergeist? I'm sure I read that somewhere, that case is one of my favourites which I've delved into many times over the years!

On 6/19/2016 at 10:47 PM, highdesert50 said:

Reminds me of when The Exorcist made its appearance in the 1970s. It certainly conjured up its own oddities including alleged

... oh, my, a portion of my posting was mysteriously deleted!

Hell, my post(s) were completely deleted.  I don't think it's spooky, I think it's just damned irritating.

Hmm! it all sounds a little suspicious to me - I wonder if the old guy has shown up yet...alive or dead ?

I didn't like the first movie at all, it was just cliche after cliche to me.

Hope that the guy is found.

If this is just a promotional tactic, then it's a pretty old school way of promoting a horror movie. I think the moviegoers are doing their part too. 

Side note : The screaming skull offered free burial services to people that died during screening!

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:35 AM, DancingCorpse said:

I thought the first movie was decent, it executed the clichés well and surprised me with a couple interesting scenes, is the second movie concerning the enfield poltergeist? I'm sure I read that somewhere, that case is one of my favourites which I've delved into many times over the years!

As far as I know the Enfield Poltergeist has been pretty much proven a hoax perpetrated by a teenage girl looking for attention.  The whole thing was an utter fraud.  http://www.csicop.org/si/show/enfield_poltergeist