Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hertzog agreed to give it all away in 2015

and-then

http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/70152/opposition-chief-herzog-secretly-agreed-give-entire-west-bank-pa/?utm_source=Breaking+Israel+News&utm_campaign=60033f8477-BIN_evening_6_16&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6d3627f72-60033f8477-86584525#Vytu2wrQWXeUus5D.97

It will be interesting to see how the public views this little tidbit.  He offered everything they wanted except full right of return.  He did this without asking a soul.  I think that ultimately this will be the form of the peace deal.  Indefensible borders and splitting Jerusalem.

18 hours ago, and then said:

http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/70152/opposition-chief-herzog-secretly-agreed-give-entire-west-bank-pa/?utm_source=Breaking+Israel+News&utm_campaign=60033f8477-BIN_evening_6_16&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6d3627f72-60033f8477-86584525#Vytu2wrQWXeUus5D.97

It will be interesting to see how the public views this little tidbit.  He offered everything they wanted except full right of return.  He did this without asking a soul.  I think that ultimately this will be the form of the peace deal.  Indefensible borders and splitting Jerusalem.

If true and i have no reason to believe it isn't... Herzog's offer would have destroyed Israel's security in quick order. Israel needs its neighbours and enemies to be constantly divided and struggling least they turn their attentions on Israel. 

Highly biased source, and then.

Herzog has a different approach than the Right, in that he wants to give the Palestinians a country to preserve the identity of the Jewish State. I think this is going to be inevitable at some point, if Israel wants to improve it's image in the eyes of the world while continuing to exist.

“I want to separate from the Palestinians. I want to keep a Jewish state with a Jewish majority. I don’t want 61 Palestinian MKs in Israel’s Knesset. I don’t want a Palestinian prime minister in Israel. I don’t want them to change my flag and my national anthem. I don’t want them to change the name of my country to Isra-stine,” he says.

Source: http://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/herzog-warns-against-binational-state/

Edited by TruthSeeker_

9 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Highly biased source, and then.

Herzog has a different approach than the Right, in that he wants to give the Palestinians a country to preserve the identity of the Jewish State. I think this is going to be inevitable at some point, if Israel wants to improve it's image in the eyes of the world while continuing to exist.

“I want to separate from the Palestinians. I want to keep a Jewish state with a Jewish majority. I don’t want 61 Palestinian MKs in Israel’s Knesset. I don’t want a Palestinian prime minister in Israel. I don’t want them to change my flag and my national anthem. I don’t want them to change the name of my country to Isra-stine,” he says.

Source: http://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/herzog-warns-against-binational-state/

There were several since the story is true as stated.  I agree that such a deal will occur at some point.  What I don't agree with is that it will do anything to help preserve Israel.  First, while his rhetoric sounds wonderful it ignores a reality that could not be clearer to most Israelis.People who want peace do not teach their children that Jews are descended from swine and apes.  This LITERALLY still happens, regularly, IN SCHOOLS.  Second, if one views a good 3-d map of the area we're talking about it becomes instantly obvious that the new geography of Israel is not viable unless the Palestinians truly are bent on peaceful coexistence.  The country will have a "waist" 9 miles wide and the Palestinian Hamas/PA et al will have all the high ground from which to launch mortars, rockets and by then even ballistic missiles from.  I think the Israelis know this and will only agree to it under extreme duress from the EU and only THEN because the US government betrays them finally.  I begin to look forward to that day because it will be then that the last shred of doubt is removed about the true intentions of the Palestinians, the EU and Obama.  Even as the Palestinians attack yet again from their newly surrendered land, the world will still be making excuses for them.  At best a few countries will complain verbally, briefly.  Israel's choice will be to destroy their enemies utterly at this point or to vacate the land and go back into a diaspora.  I'm not singling you out TS but what do you expect Israel to do at that point?  Give my scenario the benefit of doubt, that it IS the way things unfold.   What do you expect them to do?

"I want to keep an American state with an American majority. I don’t want 61 Muslim MKs in Washington. I don’t want a Muslim senator. I don’t want them to change my flag and my national anthem. I don’t want them to change the name of my country to America-stan,” he says.

Just trying it out..

Edited by Dark_Grey

The PLO doesn't WANT a state. They want the destruction of Israel, pure and simple. Once that is accomplished (in their minds), the whole area would be merged into Jordan.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The PLO doesn't WANT a state. They want the destruction of Israel, pure and simple. Once that is accomplished (in their minds), the whole area would be merged into Jordan.

If they elect a Left leaning government after being shown relentlessly the truth of Palestinian ambitions then their blood will partly be on their own hands.  I think Obama will complete the betrayal before he leaves office and they will finally be pushed into a corner where they have to succumb to the EU plans or just FIGHT.  

I disagree with that And Then... insofar as I understand it.

Obama has no ability to change US foreign policy.. that would require Congress to approve, and Obama no longer has any power there.

Moreover, he has no authority over the EU.

Which EU plans are you reffering to ?

The EU community through a French plan is planning to force a "peace" agreement on Israel and the Palestinians.  Ostensibly this agreement will be created through direct negotiations but the outcomes are predetermined. Israel must give up all of the West Bank and remove all military from that area as well as surrender all of east Jerusalem as the capital of the new Palestinian state.  In return the Palestinians must accept the existence of Israel as THE state of the Jewish people and be willing to surrender all claim to right of return.  I'm not sure where you arrive at the conclusion that the chief executive cannot change foreign policy.  In fact it traditionally has been a president's prerogative to do just that.  With respect to the French (EU) plan a vote will be taken in the UN, probably late summer or early autumn and Obama can instruct his ambassador to the UN to either vote for, against or to abstain.  If he refrains from voting against it then it carries and Israel will shortly either bend to the international will or be sanctioned/boycotted into economic distress.  You will note that most of Israel's trade is with EU countries.  Also note that within this agreement it is only Israel that must take concrete steps to comply.  The Palestinians can sign anything and say anything in English then renounce it before their people.  This has been the habit of the last 50 years or so.  This agreement cannot advance without US assistance in the form of a yes vote or an abstention.  I actually expect the vote to be delayed until after our election to ensure it cannot damage the Democrat's chances.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.722537

Edited by and then

Interesting And Then. However, apart from articles in the Israeli press, there doesn't seem to be much coverage of this plan in the mainstream media, and there is certainly no reference to this plan being turned into a Security Council resolution, let alone in Summer/Autumn.

Methinks haaretz is somewhat exaggerating the scope and influence of the French/EU plan ? 

12 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Interesting And Then. However, apart from articles in the Israeli press, there doesn't seem to be much coverage of this plan in the mainstream media, and there is certainly no reference to this plan being turned into a Security Council resolution, let alone in Summer/Autumn.

Methinks haaretz is somewhat exaggerating the scope and influence of the French/EU plan ? 

Google "French Initiative" and you can get more info.  The key to everything is Obama's choice when it comes up for a vote.  In it's initial stages the "Initiative" is only being discussed by those nations other than Israel and the Palestinians.  They aren't even invited.  The idea is to present what is considered a consensus of fairness as a starting point for bilateral negotiations but the hook is that if they don't agree to some alternative within a specific time frame, it gets imposed on them.

ETA: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/french-peace-initiative-emptied-substance-160605054913562.html

From the article: The French initiative, as it has come to be known, was first proposed by the Hollande government last year. In its original form, it consisted of a draft United Nations Security Council resolution that would set forth clear parameters for Israeli-Palestinian peace, along with mechanisms and a timeline for achieving them.

The same article from al Jazeera dismisses the chances of success but if Obama can support an initiative that forces concessions by Israel, it WILL succeed.  The Palestinians have nothing to lose because they have no intention of honoring it anyway.

Edited by and then
add content
  • Like 1

Hmm... interesting, And Then. Has a final text been produced ?

Not that I'm aware of.