Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this psychic for real or a scam?

jeffallen

Thank you for reading this post. So yesterday I went to a psychic, it was my first time ever doing this. She offered me 3 options, a life reading for $20, a full reading for $40, or a crystal ball reading for $70. I chose the $40 reading. She did the reading with a tarot deck and some of the things she told me about were spot on. She knew I had just ended a long term relationship, she knew why. She also told me some pretty crazy things about my career life that were pretty spot on and told me she saw that I missed out on 2 different opportunities in the past year or so. I don't want to bore you with all of the details but most of her reading was pretty accurate. She then started to explain that she saw some negative energy in my life that most likely stems from my family. She said I could have her go and meditate on my life so she could get a better idea of where my problems stem from. She said she goes to a special temple to do this meditation and then from there she would set me up with an aroma therapy plan to help get rid of this negative energy. Her charge for this service is $300. Honestly I was so shocked by all of the info she gave me that I paid her the $300. Now, today I have been thinking maybe this was actually just a scam, it sounds a little far out to me. We had another appointment scheduled for today but I had to cancel because some other obligations came up but I asked her on the phone if there was anything she could tell me. She said that the problem may be worse than she thought and it stems from events early in my dad's life. On one had, I figure I already paid her the $300 and I should just go through with the aroma therapy and everything and see if it's for real, on the other hand I am afraid that it might be one of those deals where she tries to scare me into giving her more money. I know I won't give her any more money, but I'm scared she will put negative thoughts into my head about my life. Thank you again for reading this post and I appreciate any thoughts or opinions you have on this. 

• Like 1

Reasons people go to psychis  are because they ended a relationship, lost a loved one or just lost,its easy for them to pick up on this stuff.maybe she is real maybe not if u feel better then thats fine.some of them are real some are not

• Like 2

Tell her a lie. Any real psychic can spot a lie. If she doesn't catch it or rolls with it and reads you based on the lie, she's a fraud.

• Like 1

I think you could have her under the Trades Descriptions Act! You paid for a FULL reading ..... but then she decides you have to pay more for more information. Ask her what her definition of 'full' is because it sounds like it's different to everyone else's :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolguy said:

Reasons people go to psychis  are because they ended a relationship, lost a loved one or just lost,its easy for them to pick up on this stuff.

I knew if I waited long enuff, one day I would like at least part of a coolguy post enough to quote it.. yaay!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jeffallen said:

Thank you for reading this post. So yesterday I went to a psychic, it was my first time ever doing this. She offered me 3 options, a life reading for $20, a full reading for $40, or a crystal ball reading for $70. I chose the $40 reading. She did the reading with a tarot deck and some of the things she told me about were spot on. She knew I had just ended a long term relationship, she knew why. She also told me some pretty crazy things about my career life that were pretty spot on and told me she saw that I missed out on 2 different opportunities in the past year or so. I don't want to bore you with all of the details but most of her reading was pretty accurate. She then started to explain that she saw some negative energy in my life that most likely stems from my family. She said I could have her go and meditate on my life so she could get a better idea of where my problems stem from. She said she goes to a special temple to do this meditation and then from there she would set me up with an aroma therapy plan to help get rid of this negative energy. Her charge for this service is $300. Honestly I was so shocked by all of the info she gave me that I paid her the $300. Now, today I have been thinking maybe this was actually just a scam, it sounds a little far out to me. We had another appointment scheduled for today but I had to cancel because some other obligations came up but I asked her on the phone if there was anything she could tell me. She said that the problem may be worse than she thought and it stems from events early in my dad's life. On one had, I figure I already paid her the $300 and I should just go through with the aroma therapy and everything and see if it's for real, on the other hand I am afraid that it might be one of those deals where she tries to scare me into giving her more money. I know I won't give her any more money, but I'm scared she will put negative thoughts into my head about my life. Thank you again for reading this post and I appreciate any thoughts or opinions you have on this. 

Readers are usually very perceptive in reading the psychology of people. Some are gifted with extra normally unused senses. But when she lead to paying $300 she sounds like a schemer. Most problems in psychology stem from parents, so that's a good way to lead someone into believing enough to pay more and they pick up on your responses during reading as to which parent.

A good reader would give services for much less, just the costs of materials used and a smaller donation to her for guidance. 

A good reader uses psychology and a second sense to help people. They do it to learn more about using their extra  senses and to help others, just as a good counselor would do. Not many out there are for real so be careful!

• Like 2

Run in the other direction from her.   Don't believe her warnings of bad luck.  Many other people have been ripped off for years this way. 

Break the cycle and get away from her.  There is a 99.9999% chance that this is a scam.

Edited by little_dreamer
  • Like 1

Noooooooooooooooooo she is not for real. This is a scam. Any individual who wants you to pay $300 in order to "break curses" "remove bad energy" etc is not for real. If you believe in such things and are seriously concerned about energy blockages, etc, you can do some visualization exercises of your own, or create your own ritual around clearing bad energy. 

At best she's charging you far too much for aromatherapy; you can pick up some essential oils yourself for a much lower cost. 

Edited by Aenwyn

any REAL psychic wouldnt offer a sliding scale of fee's, they would KNOW what you wanted/needed.... doh!

• Like 1