Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Genes LIVE after death...& the Implications

seeder

Hundreds of genes seen sparking to life two days after death

The discovery that many genes are still working up to 48 hours after death has implications for organ transplants, forensics and our very definition of death

When a doctor declares a person dead, some of their body may still be alive and kicking – at least for a day or two. New evidence in animals suggests that many genes go on working for up to 48 hours after the lights have gone out.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2094644-hundreds-of-genes-seen-sparking-to-life-two-days-after-death/

• Like 3

Haha! I was just about to start a thread about this. I'm not sure what the implications of this discovery are, but it sounds very exciting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Haha! I was just about to start a thread about this. I'm not sure what the implications of this discovery are, but it sounds very exciting.

Really?  For me, it's merely a factoid - nothing all that exciting.  Oh well...

One man's factoid is another woman's thrilling insight! :P

• Like 1

four chemical bases: adenine (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C), and thymine (T). 

Can this truly considered ALIVE ? Sounds like Pseudo-Science to me . 

3 hours ago, ROGER said:

four chemical bases: adenine (A), guanine (G), cytosine (C), and thymine (T). 

Can this truly considered ALIVE ? Sounds like Pseudo-Science to me . 

the link is the New Scientist...pretty good source to be fair

this is not a new discovery. 5 yeas ago i read this fact as fact in animal cloning. Clinics all over the world who clones our dearest little pets advises to collect tissues and skin within 24 hours..

this site refers to even more ; 5 days after death 

http://www.myfriendagain.com/Dog just died/Dog_Died.htm

Edited by qxcontinuum

Well, if the genes do affect the healing of the body, maybe if stimulated long enough and properly they could heal someone in a coma, as long as life support was being used if needed.  Maybe this is what happens when a person comes out of a coma.

• Like 1

Well everything is made up of energy so I could see it possible.

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stacey burgett said:

I agree that this statement is so important it needs to be said three times! ;)

• Like 2

On 6/24/2016 at 11:29 AM, paperdyer said:

Well, if the genes do affect the healing of the body, maybe if stimulated long enough and properly they could heal someone in a coma, as long as life support was being used if needed.  Maybe this is what happens when a person comes out of a coma.

I have had three people in my family who had heart stop and were saved by heroic measures but were in a coma after. Each time next of kin got the option to pull the plugs.

I think you made a good point because each was on life support and after came out of coma as if nothing happened except NDE recollections. 

One was in coma two months and the other two were three before coming out of coma. I also  had an uncle  who was in one for three and came out too.

I suspected weird genetic responses had alot to do with it.

My great uncle was also born with abnormal heart valves and had heart failure in later life. His heart grew new arteries and it also enlarged a third valve as an extra valve to replace blocked one. Doctors were quick to put him into research studies. He was the talk of my cousins and one of his sons was born with same anomalistic heart deformity so researchers asked to study him too.

What I learned from my next of kin and uncle and comas was to give me at least three three months life support to rebound, it somehow runs in my family, if I don't come out then, pull the plug. 

I think if the body is given support some genes must activate to heal the body in its own ways. 

The 48 hour time period for transplants or cloning makes sense to me because of the genetic processes continue  for survival after death. If given support to survive they will survive in some cases. This is a very important factoid to study in many areas of research.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2016 at 6:05 PM, ouija ouija said:

One man's factoid is another woman's thrilling insight! :P

One's factoid should be revived for those who missed it the first time around too!  It's an important factoid for medical researchers for sure.

• Like 1