Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Love and Compassion Solution for Terrorism?

Lilly

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

...where they have better nutrition, better healthcare, higher standards of living.....in fact...all they need to reproduce healthy children...many times over

yea, it would seem like it is the case,  however that is not what happens.  sure they will have more children, but the difference is not as drastic as clip says. 

may be Europeans need to fck more and have more kids of their own. "save a country, pop twins"

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

that is the theory, in reality third generation are as american as you, and me, they do not really care about Islam as much, if at all. they do not have 5-8 kids. ii live few blocks away from big Muslim community.

I think the stat is considering the third generation of the current Hijrah in Europe.  By the time that generation comes about, they won’t have to worry.  They will be immersed in sharia law.  They will have no inkling of the culture that proceeded them.  The forms of expression left by the waning culture will be taken over as theirs (whatever doesn’t get destroyed due to idolatry).  Just think Nineveh and Palmyra but on the scale of a continent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

so the difference is 40k , not much if you ask me, not 2\8 ratio that clip claims

Dont forget to factor in Muslim converts.....in every country

Heres some figures for conversion to Muslim in JUST the UK

EVERY year, thousands of British people convert to Islam. Estimates of how many vary a lot, but in 2011 a study concluded that the total number of converts in the United Kingdom might exceed 100,000 and that about 5,000 had made that choice the previous year, with women exceeding men and the “white British” share of fresh converts amounting to around half. Whatever their own religious views, people are curious about unusual spiritual journeys: when, in 2013
http://www.economist.com/blogs/erasmus/2016/02/conversion-islam

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Not sure why Muslim and Christian is the comparison though.   The real comparison would be Muslim and everyone else.  

if you compare Mormons, Muslims lose. religious jews have 7-10 kids. 

12 minutes ago, seeder said:

Dont forget to factor in Muslim converts.....in every country

Heres some figures for conversion to Muslim in JUST the UK

well than you guys need to do more fking, keep poping those kids.

in any case, i'm pretty sure the clip is 90% propaganda to scare, and 10% truth. 

otoh, i see videos from your country and it is as a rule very different than i see here. your Muslims seem to be more aggressive than ours, i would not be afraid to walk at night in our Muslim neighborhood in new york. in fact i do it pretty often since at night the only grocery store open is in Muslim area, and run by Muslims. actually teh kid at the register, is stoned half the times.

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

if you compare Mormons, Muslims lose. religious jews have 7-10 kids. 

That makes a decent thought.  

At current rates, where will USA populations be in 100 years?

Muslim

Christian

Jewish

Morman

Atheist

All others

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

So are you saying that every other country that has been attacked is also treating them immorally?

While I don't agree with treating them immorally in a business sense, I also do not agree with giving them "free" stuff just to be nice.  In fact, their treatment of women, gays and others should be dealt with more harshly.   .  

Who said anything about free stuff????

And if it makes you feel better we can just make it illegal to do business with people who's human rights don't align with ours.  I'm not here to lay out a step by step instruction manual on how to do this, I'm just saying it could get better unless **** don't change soon.

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Muslim

Christian

Jewish

Morman

Atheist

All others

my guess would be not far from where it is now proportionally, if we are still around in 100 years

Edited by aztek

Lets NOT forget the Muslim 'takeover' is not a 'new model' either....and far from it...well before ISIS was this (in 63)

United States

According to The Washington Post, U.S. Muslim Brotherhood supporters "make up the U.S. Islamic community's most organized force" by running hundreds of mosques and business ventures, promoting civic activities, and setting up American Islamic organizations to defend and promote Islam.[201] In 1963, the U.S. chapter of Muslim Brotherhood was started by activists involved with the Muslim Students Association (MSA).[17] U.S. supporters of the Brotherhood also started other organizations including: Council on American–Islamic Relations North American Islamic Trust in 1971, the Islamic Society of North America in 1981, the American Muslim Council in 1990, the Muslim American Society in 1992 and the International Institute of Islamic Thought in the 1980s.[17] In addition, according to 'An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Group in North America,' the "Understanding of the Role of the Muslim Brotherhood in North America," and the goal of the Muslim Brotherhood in North America is identified as the following:

"Establishing an effective and a stable Islamic movement led by the Muslim Brotherhood which adopts Muslims' causes domestically and globally, and which works to expand the observant Muslim base, aims at unifying and directing Muslims' efforts, presents Islam as a civilization alternative, and supports the global Islamic state wherever it is."[202][203]

During the Holy Land Foundation trial (which led to a conviction for sending funds to Hamas in 2008),[204] several documents surfaced incriminating the Brotherhood in subversive activities. One (dated 1991) outlined a strategy for the Muslim Brotherhood in the United States that involved “eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within.”[205][206][207]

In another, "Ikhwan in America" (Brotherhood in America), the author alleges that the activities of the Muslim Brotherhood in the US include going to camps to do weapons training (referred to as Special work by the Muslim Brotherhood),[208] as well as engaging in counter-espionage against US government agencies such as the FBI and CIA (referred to as Securing the Group).[209] The documents have been widely publicized in American conservative circles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Brotherhood#United_States

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

Muslim

Christian

Jewish

Morman

Atheist

All others

All other

Atheists

Asian religions

and Muslims + Christians merged into some kind of new religion

My guess

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

Muslim

Christian

Jewish

Morman

Atheist

All others

Perhaps a couple of informational links might help.

Pew Research World Religion projection for 2010-2050: http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/

WRNF projections for the next 200 years: http://www.wnrf.org/cms/next200.shtml

• Like 2

typical, I go for a pee and come back to just a couple users....

Any thoughts from the US users about the Muslim Brotherhood?

1 hour ago, aztek said:

well than you guys need to do more fking, keep poping those kids.

It isnt a competition, its not a race either, our women can uses contraception by choice ..... many young women want careers instead of kids....other women just dont want to ruin their figures while young.... but over and above that, there is NO pressure or expectations on UK women to even have kids....unlike Muslim wives, who dont have careers

in any case, i'm pretty sure the clip is 90% propaganda to scare, and 10% truth. 

Disregard the clip, enough text links have been posted. reading is good!

otoh, i see videos from your country and it is as a rule very different than i see here. your Muslims seem to be more aggressive than ours,

Anyone can be aggressive if they are in the majority, I may be 50 but my right hook is just as good as ever...

i would not be afraid to walk at night in our Muslim neighborhood in new york. in fact i do it pretty often since at night the only grocery store open is in Muslim area, and run by Muslims. actually teh kid at the register, is stoned half the times.

what do you mean by a neighbourhood, just to be clear we're both on the same page....? A small town? A housing estate?

Edited by seeder

1 minute ago, seeder said:

It isnt a competition, its not a race either, our women can uses contraception by choice.....many young women want careers instead of kids....other women just dont want to ruin the figures while young....over and above that, there is NO pressure or expectations on UK women to even have kids....unlike Muslim wives

Well, the full quote box just wouldn't show up, so I just snipped the line I wanted to address...

Seriously? You guys have no social culture about motherhood and parenthood in general and expectations to have kids? Must be nice. Here in the U.S. there certainly is a culture of expectation to breed. And this goes across the board, regardless of religion, race, or sex.

As soon as couples get married, the norm is to ask when are babies on the way? This is true in particular of hopeful grandparents and other family relations. Women who choose not to have children often find themselves having to defend their decision, or are asked what's wrong with them in both mental status and delicate asking of what is the medical malfunction. Of all of the men I know that have been sterilized, most of them have said they were asked in the office to think about "if one of their children died" scenario of being able to produce more children and to really think about getting snipped. Men also get the line about "don't you want to pass on the family lineage" sorts of commentary in general about not having kids.

Both sexes face the people that reassure them that "they will change their minds", "there's time for the clock to kick in", "you don't know what you are missing". Often sterilization is refused until after later age and/or several children are produced. Sometimes in issues that deal with children, the card of "well, are you a parent?" is thrown out there without it necessarily being a valid qualifier for the topic.

On another side of the coin.. The U.S. adoption system is a monster, and the foster system isn't much better in a lot of places. There isn't much pressure there to take in or raise other folks offspring by comparison to the pressure to have ones own children.
And even with the CDC, it skews to motherhood and almost no data recorded about fatherhood. We don't even expect much father demographic to be recorded and documented by comparison to documenting quite a bit of information about motherhood. Is your part of the world just as skewed in expectations of motherhood? I'm honestly asking that, I have zippo idea of how ya'lls vital records are documented.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rashore said:

Well, the full quote box just wouldn't show up, so I just snipped the line I wanted to address...

Seriously? You guys have no social culture about motherhood and parenthood in general and expectations to have kids? Must be nice. Here in the U.S. there certainly is a culture of expectation to breed. And this goes across the board, regardless of religion, race, or sex.

As soon as couples get married, the norm is to ask when are babies on the way? This is true in particular of hopeful grandparents and other family relations. Women who choose not to have children often find themselves having to defend their decision, or are asked what's wrong with them in both mental status and delicate asking of what is the medical malfunction. Of all of the men I know that have been sterilized, most of them have said they were asked in the office to think about "if one of their children died" scenario of being able to produce more children and to really think about getting snipped. Men also get the line about "don't you want to pass on the family lineage" sorts of commentary in general about not having kids.

My husband and I never wanted any children and were only asked by a few people why. Our simple answer was neither of us ever wanted any. Only one older retired couple we knew asked more than once. They loved to travel and couldn't until they got older and it became more difficult for them. We told them we didn't want to wait until we were old to travel. They never asked again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rashore said:

As soon as couples get married, the norm is to ask when are babies on the way?

snipped

Pls dont let me give you the wrong idea.....I think the rise of equality/womens lib changed a lot of stuff. Im the youngest of 5 kids, but....Im also 50 yrs old. Back then...YES...many kids was the norm, our family of 5 kids was just average in the 60's, also normal was for the man to work and the woman to stay home doing housework...looking after the kids etc.... but times change

Women nowadays dont have to fall pregnant just because they enjoy sex too..., there are contraceptions....tho they will usually want kids at some point after marriage...but even that can depend on their combined wages and outgoings, a UK mortgage can take a lifetime to pay off in some areas..which mean both the man and wife HAVE to work just to pay for their home...with no time for having kids......plus we have seen the rise and rise of the career women...who just wont abandon work.....till they are financially able too

Our very society has changed...for example the pub culture...which England has ALWAYS had... in my mothers days, it wasnt the done thing for a girl to go in a pub by herself or even with another female.... NOW...its normal.... the women go out boozing just like the men.... (sadly in some respects)

I was sexually active from 15....and was very active...lol, but even so, my first son wasn't born before I was 30

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

My husband and I never wanted any children and were only asked by a few people why. Our simple answer was neither of us ever wanted any. Only one older retired couple we knew asked more than once. They loved to travel and couldn't until they got older and it became more difficult for them. We told them we didn't want to wait until we were old to travel. They never asked again.

8 minutes ago, seeder said:

Pls dont let me give you the wrong idea.....I think the rise of equality/womens lib changed a lot of stuff. Im the youngest of 5 kids, but....Im also 50 yrs old. Back then...YES...many kids was the norm, our family of 5 kids was just average in the 60's, also normal was for the man to work and the woman to stay home doing housework...looking after the kids etc.... but times change

Women nowadays dont have to fall pregnant just because they enjoy sex too..., there are contraceptions....tho they will usually want kids at some point after marriage...but even that can depend on their combined wages and outgoings, a UK mortgage can take a lifetime to pay off in some areas..which mean both the man and wife HAVE to work just to pay for their home...with no time for having kids......plus we have seen the rise and rise of the career women...who just wont abandon work.....till they are financially able too

Our very society has changed...for example the pub culture...which England has ALWAYS had... in my mothers days, it wasnt the done thing for a girl to go in a pub by herself or even with another female.... NOW...its normal.... the women go out boozing just like the men.... (sadly in some respects)

I was sexually active from 15....and was very active...lol, but even so, my first son wasn't born before I was 30

Thanks for a couple brief responses folks.. I appreciate the perspective. But since I don't want to really derail this thread with a continuation of this particular question.. can I consider it answered please?

Edited by rashore
fixed weird grammar
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2016 at 3:17 PM, aztek said:

yea, it would seem like it is the case,  however that is not what happens.  sure they will have more children, but the difference is not as drastic as clip says. 

may be Europeans need to fck more and have more kids of their own. "save a country, pop twins"

Right, it's sometimes called a modified form of "attrition" 

What basically happens is that a rouge group non-violently overpowers a region by virtue of immigration and birthing. With that, they can take-over the region.

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

Right, it's sometimes called a modified form of "attrition" 

What basically happens is that a rouge group non-violently overpowers a region by virtue of immigration and birthing. With that, they can take-over the region.

Well it has been proven that the more education a group has, especially the women, the less children they have. Thus the falling populations and the need for immigrants.

• Like 1