Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Love and Compassion Solution for Terrorism?

Lilly

LMAO!!!

My new product comes with a 100% discount for lefties.

danmar+soft+shell+helmet+collage.jpeg

• Like 6

"All You Need Is Love" is a great Beatles song but a horrible foreign policy. Seriously @LorettaLynch, resign immediately.

— Rep. Jeff Duncan (@RepJeffDuncan) June 22, 2016

lol

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 4

I agree with her.  In the long run the way to fight terror is by showing love and compassion.  To not always try to screw the little guy in the name of corporate wealth, respect the decisions people make about their own governments, stop exporting weapons to poor countries, stop helping to keep evil despots in power and for Christ's sake stop bombing people.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I agree with her.  In the long run the way to fight terror is by showing love and compassion.  To not always try to screw the little guy in the name of corporate wealth, respect the decisions people make about their own governments, stop exporting weapons to poor countries, stop helping to keep evil despots in power and for Christ's sake stop bombing people.

Yep . It makes for easy punchlines but what you just laid out is indeed the actual path to ending terrorism and promoting peace. 

BUT facts be damned lets all point and laugh at anyone who doesnt want war!!!!! 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

As much as I hate Loretta Lynch, yes, this is exactly what she meant. Too bad the administration she works for has different plans. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hyades said:

I guess Loretta Lynch is living in a dream world, not reality!

Terrorism has increased 6500% since we started the "war on terrorism" http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-23/war-terror-has-created-6500-more-terrorism?page=1 Clearly "kill em till they have democracy" hasnt helped in stopping terrorism. 

• Like 5

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Terrorism has increased 6500% since we started the "war on terrorism" http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-23/war-terror-has-created-6500-more-terrorism?page=1 Clearly "kill em till they have democracy" hasnt helped in stopping terrorism. 

How can one possibly win a war on "terror" or "drugs"? Wtf does that even mean?

It means perpetual war. This was never meant to stop anything.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

LMAO!!!

My new product comes with a 100% discount for lefties.

danmar+soft+shell+helmet+collage.jpeg

Hahaha good show

How would one define a liberal leftie? Someone who hasn't yet had a loved one torn to pieces by a bomb or riddled with AK47 rounds!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

But that is showing love and compassion for the common man and for the people that are the victims of the likes of ISIS. I'm all for love and compassion for those people too. I'm just not for 'love and compassion' being applied toward the actual ISIS terrorists. There's a big difference. I'm not quite sure that Ms Lynch meant what you just said though.

• Like 3

Love and compassion is a great strategy except when there is no common ground to start.  When the only solution one side has is the complete annihilation of the other side, either through death or subjugation, then the only response is violence.  What Ms. Lynch and the Left don't seem to understand is that this is not a conventional war but a war of ideology.  An ideological war in which one side does not value human life or freedom and which idolizes violence against a side that believes in love, peace, compassion, and freedom.  A good defense is not enough against suicidal fanatics.  It will take a good offense, including not only military action but also education stressing the benefits of Western society.  However the Left doesn't believe there are any benefits to the society that brought about the progress that allows them the freedom to criticize and so ISIS has the upper hand since they have an ideology while the Left with all its diversity has none.  Without strong response, the result will be slavery and suppression - all the things the Left thinks they are working to prohibit with all that love and compassion.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MiloB said:

Love and compassion is a great strategy except when there is no common ground to start.  When the only solution one side has is the complete annihilation of the other side, either through death or subjugation, then the only response is violence.  What Ms. Lynch and the Left don't seem to understand is that this is not a conventional war but a war of ideology.  An ideological war in which one side does not value human life or freedom and which idolizes violence against a side that believes in love, peace, compassion, and freedom.  A good defense is not enough against suicidal fanatics.  It will take a good offense, including not only military action but also education stressing the benefits of Western society.  However the Left doesn't believe there are any benefits to the society that brought about the progress that allows them the freedom to criticize and so ISIS has the upper hand since they have an ideology while the Left with all its diversity has none.  Without strong response, the result will be slavery and suppression - all the things the Left thinks they are working to prohibit with all that love and compassion.  

First , I think you need to do some honest soul searching regarding whether there is a side which isnt idolizing violence at this point. 

As for the rest of it you're completely wrong. Spewing pre programmed garbage despite the overwhelming evidence that the path we're on has only made things worse. The only slavery we are enduring any time soon is that to the corporate war mongers and as for suppression, clearly the truth has been suppressed (thank the repealing of the anti propaganda law in 2013 for that)   otherwise we wouldnt be in Syria or Iraq and ISIS never would have been created by the US formed in the first place. 

Edit to add,...that came out way more rude than I intended, my apologies. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

First , I think you need to do some honest soul searching regarding whether there is a side which isnt idolizing violence at this point. 

As for the rest of it you're completely wrong. Spewing pre programmed garbage despite the overwhelming evidence that the path we're on has only made things worse. The only slavery we are enduring any time soon is that to the corporate war mongers and as for suppression, clearly the truth has been suppressed (thank the repealing of the anti propaganda law in 2013 for that)   otherwise we wouldnt be in Syria or Iraq and ISIS never would have been created by the US formed in the first place. 

Hmmm.  One side is lopping off heads and shooting innocent people while the other side tries to stop them from lopping of heads and shooting innocent people.  We may not be taking the best approach to stopping the slaughter of the innocents but if ISIS is not stopped the slaughter will go on.  Turn the other cheek is not a strategy when it comes to knives and bullets. 

• Like 1

Just now, MiloB said:

Hmmm.  One side is lopping off heads and shooting innocent people while the other side tries to stop them from lopping of heads and shooting innocent people.  We may not be taking the best approach to stopping the slaughter of the innocents but if ISIS is not stopped the slaughter will go on.  Turn the other cheek is not a strategy when it comes to knives and bullets. 

140515175210-34-week-in-photos-0515-rest

Just for perspective Im pretty sure some innocent people probably lived here too. Just because we do it at a distance with the push of a button doesnt make it any less heinous or bloodthirsty. 

• Like 7

Let's face it.  We have encouraged sectarian conflict in the middle east to further our own agenda.  Most notably pitting Shiite (Iran, Hezbollah, etc.) vs Sunni (Saudi Arabia, Al Qaida, ISIS, etc.)  Our military/industrial complex is based off conflict or fear of conflict.  We want conflict.  We want terrorism.  It's good business.

If it's not the middle east, it will be Russia again or China. 

You think Neo-cons are in it to achieve something or for the war itself?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MiloB said:

What Ms. Lynch and the Left don't seem to understand is that this is not a conventional war but a war of ideology.  An ideological war in which one side does not value human life or freedom and which idolizes violence against a side that believes in love, peace, compassion, and freedom. 

And perhaps what you don't seem to get is that we are making the problem worse by engaging these people with violence and by selling them and their opponents more weapons with which to kill.  Did you see the factoid posted by farmer that terrorism has risen over 6,000% since the US led "war on terror" started?  Is that just a coincidence?  Answer me this, how many innocent lives is it okay for the USA to take while targeting an alleged terrorist with a drone?  Is it okay if a couple of your relatives or friends are caught up in that?

At some point it's either going to be the way I posted in post number 4, and we will treat these people like their lives matter and that they are in charge of the land where they live and while doing business with them make sure everyone is getting a good deal and stop trying to force our way of life on them or terror will escalate forever.  Because if we just keep on our current course that is what will happen.  If we can't stop fighting with them until they are all dead then it will never end.  Ever.  How does that sound?

• Like 2

On 6/23/2016 at 2:48 PM, Not Your Huckleberry said:

As much as I hate Loretta Lynch, yes, this is exactly what she meant. Too bad the administration she works for has different plans. 

we're talking about the same individual right? the very same one that lies for Obama,right?

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

we're talking about the same individual right? the very same one that lies for Obama,right?

What would Jesus say about Loretta Lynch's statement?

On 6/23/2016 at 4:39 PM, MiloB said:

yep.  I do wonder though,  what if they had full control of the oil distribution ,what would they do? what would the world be like? I don't think I want to take that chance in finding out.

On 6/23/2016 at 6:06 PM, OverSword said:

What would Jesus say about Loretta Lynch's statement?

I think he would know she's using a fork tongue. 

If you want to stop terrorism (or at least slow it)properly educate the children. Start from the ground up. The adults are long past gone. At least that's my suggestion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ellapennella said:

I think he would know she's using a fork tongue. 

So what she said isn't a true statement? 

So would Jesus say Kill them all?

• Like 1