Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boston Dynamics reveals new 'MiniSpot' robot

Still Waters

Despite apparently being up for sale, Alphabet's Boston Dynamics has revealed its latest robot creation. 

The robotics firm is best known for Atlas, its 5 foot 9 humanoid robot, and spot, a four legged 'dog robot'.

Now, a new mini version of spot with a strange extendable neck has been shown off helping around the house. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3656769/The-giraffe-dog-help-house-Alphabet-s-Boston-Dynamics-reveals-latest-robot-bizarre-video-sees-falling-banana-skin-loading-dishwasher.html

• Like 3

Freaky but so cool.

• Like 2

Normally i find those things creepy, but s/he's kinda cute.  I really liked the falling over and getting up bit, sorta makes it seem less robotic...

• Like 2

Well that's one way to freak out the cat. :lol:  The idea of disaster response robots though is really cool, provided they can stay on their feet.

• Like 2

Banana Peels.... Classic.

I do like that it doesn't jog in place like the Big Dog did.

• Like 1

Needs some floppy ears so the face doesn't look like a lizard.

• Like 1

i hope they add a cover/shell to it, if it can detect an intruder and dials 911 then it could make alot of money

14 hours ago, little_dreamer said:

Can it be trained as a guard dog?

It probably could be programmed to use a gun. Then clean up the invader's blood/remains.

They are amazing - you wouldn't have to bring the poopy-scoop when you take it for a walk. :P

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

Destroy them my robots!

B0ston Dynamics have built some cool robots, I'm sure they will hit the money jackpot soon. If I was a soldier in combat I would love to see one of those machines lumbering up with aid,ammo,water,etc.

And a BFG as well.