Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will we have to also build a wall?

Zinc12

Just as Trump says he is going to build a wall to stop uncontrolled immigration entering America via Mexico are we going to have to do the same?

I believe one of the main reason's if not the main reason England chose to exit the EU was uncontrolled immigration.

If Scotland now votes to remain in the EU we will not be able to control immigration into England. Simply put immigrants will make there way to Scotland and once in Scotland travel Southwards into England. We will have to build a wall to prevent this flow, if Scotland wants these immigrants then they can take them and keep them.

Edited by Zinc12
  • Like 2

The Scots will insist on that... and make Britain pay for it. :P

• Like 2

Na, just cut off the welfare, an only give it to the number of people you find acceptable to enter. Till they get on their feet of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Rebuild Hadrian's Wall?

Unfortunately, Hadrian's Wall does not follow the current borderline between Scotland and England!  We would be giving up a large tract of England if we did that - no, no, no!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

Unfortunately, Hadrian's Wall does not follow the current borderline between Scotland and England!  We would be giving up a large tract of England if we did that - no, no, no!

I was unaware of that... But it would make sense that borders would change, lol.

Considering that Brexit means that other countries - most especially Sweden, Denmark, Finland and France - are sure to follow Britain through the exit door then there's no way that the majority of Scots are going to want to leave the UK and then go back into that crumbling edifice. Unless they were insane. Scotland is going nowhere . They were told several times in their independence referendum that an EU referendum is on the way and they could therefore have voted to leave the UK before the EU referendum cane about. They blew that chance and now they have to live with the consequences. And think of the amount of times in general elections that England has voted Tory yet the Scots foist a Labour government on us. The tables have now merely turned. All this talk of a new independence referendum by the SNP is just a lot of hot air from a party that has lost two referenda in successive years.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Black Monk said:

Considering that Brexit means that other countries - most especially Sweden, Denmark, Finland and France - are sure to follow Britain through the exit door then there's no way that the majority of Scots are going to want to leave the UK and then go back into that crumbling edifice. Unless they were insane. Scotland is going nowhere . They were told several times in their independence referendum that an EU referendum is on the way and they could therefore have voted to leave the UK before the EU referendum cane about. They blew that chance and now they have to live with the consequences. And think of the amount of times in general elections that England has voted Tory yet the Scots foist a Labour government on us. The tables have now merely turned.

Seeing the current effects on the markets, despite all reserve banks doing their utmost to stabilize them, I doubt there will be any appetite left for any exits very soon. The last time we had this we ended in recession... world wide.

On 6/24/2016 at 7:26 AM, Zinc12 said:

Just as Trump says he is going to build a wall to stop uncontrolled immigration entering America via Mexico are we going to have to do the same?

I believe one of the main reason's if not the main reason England chose to exit the EU was uncontrolled immigration.

If Scotland now votes to remain in the EU we will not be able to control immigration into England. Simply put immigrants will make there way to Scotland and once in Scotland travel Southwards into England. We will have to build a wall to prevent this flow, if Scotland wants these immigrants then they can take them and keep them.

I'm so happy for Great Britain,they did it !   Britain first ! is what matters for your country.   Immigration was the #1 cause why they voted to leave the EU.  Maybe a wall is needed. I feel sad for the people of Scotland that wanted out of the EU. I feel sad for Germany too. All this immigration forced onto people and the immigrants  not assimilating within our societies has created such problems worldwide. 

Happy Independence day Great Britain !

13 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Seeing the current effects on the markets, despite all reserve banks doing their utmost to stabilize them, I doubt there will be any appetite left for any exits very soon. The last time we had this we ended in recession... world wide.

I think there's a lot of appetite for a Swexit and a Franxit. And the Swedes have said in polling that they will likely want to leave the EU should Brexit occur.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

I think there's a lot of appetite for a Swexit and a Franxit. And the Swedes have said in polling that they will likely want to leave the EU should Brexit occur.

Who will be NEXIT? The Swexits, Czexits and Frexits that could follow Britain out of the EU... and the aftershocks hitting continent

Eurosceptic parties across continent will now demand their own OUT poll
    Voters in Sweden and Denmark are anti-EU and may demand referendum
    Czech prime minister has already warned Brexit could trigger a ‘Czexit’
    Far Right in France will capitalise on Brexit to make gains in 2017 election
    Extremist politicians in Netherlands say Dutch should have their say

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3657965/Who-NEXIT-Swexits-Czexits-Frexits-follow-Britain-EU-aftershocks-hitting-continent.html#ixzz4CVJwekWz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

Considering that Brexit means that other countries - most especially Sweden, Denmark, Finland and France - are sure to follow Britain through the exit door then there's no way that the majority of Scots are going to want to leave the UK and then go back into that crumbling edifice. Unless they were insane. Scotland is going nowhere . They were told several times in their independence referendum that an EU referendum is on the way and they could therefore have voted to leave the UK before the EU referendum cane about. They blew that chance and now they have to live with the consequences. And think of the amount of times in general elections that England has voted Tory yet the Scots foist a Labour government on us. The tables have now merely turned. All this talk of a new independence referendum by the SNP is just a lot of hot air from a party that has lost two referenda in successive years.

Well Nicola Sturgeon is already sulking and stamping her feet like a child with a tantrum saying how they will immediately now apply for a second referendum. I agree if they did cut themselves off from England it would be them who would come off worse.

Umm, a wall? You do realise we live on an island, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Mate, I'll bet you a tattie scone and a roll 'n' black pudding that there's another Scottish referendum within 5 years. Why do you think the SNP pushed for the 16 year old vote? And the right to self-determination doesn't work like that ('blew their chance'). A people can have as many chances as they want.

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Umm, a wall? You do realise we live on an island, right?

Yes but if Scotland have their second referendum vote to be in the EU then how are we going to stop immigrants seeking to get into England via EU Scotland?

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

I'm so happy for Great Britain,they did it !   Britain first ! is what matters for your country.   Immigration was the #1 cause why they voted to leave the EU.  Maybe a wall is needed. I feel sad for the people of Scotland that wanted out of the EU. I feel sad for Germany too. All this immigration forced onto people and the immigrants  not assimilating within our societies has created such problems worldwide. 

Happy Independence day Great Britain !

I doubt the Germans will vote themselves out of their own 4th Reich. :D

2 minutes ago, Zinc12 said:

Yes but if Scotland have their second referendum vote to be in the EU then how are we going to stop immigrants seeking to get into England via EU Scotland?

We don't have much immigration up here. It's difficult to move to a new country when you have to learn two languages instead of just the one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

We don't have much immigration up here. It's difficult to move to a new country when you have to learn two languages instead of just the one.

What, you don't? Despite having the same bennies as the English?

Strange, strange...

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Hahaha you will do if you vote  into the EU on your second referendum, Scotland will then be the only way immigrants can get into England. Basically you will become like Calais a magnet for immigrants trying to get to London.

Edited by Zinc12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zinc12 said:

Hahaha you will do if you vote to into the EU, Scotland will then be the only way immigrants can get into England. Basically you will become like Calais a magnet for immigrants trying to get to London.

That doesn't actually bother me. When you see the scum we have up here, the usual scare tactics associated with immigration are found to be lacking.

3 minutes ago, questionmark said:

What, you don't? Despite having the same bennies as the English?

Strange, strange...

Maybe they don't like the cold?

8 minutes ago, Zinc12 said:

Hahaha you will do if you vote  into the EU on your second referendum, Scotland will then be the only way immigrants can get into England. Basically you will become like Calais a magnet for immigrants trying to get to London.

That one is not really thought through, see, they sit in Calais to get on a truck or boat to get to Britain, why should they go through Britain to get to Scotland first?

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

That doesn't actually bother me. When you see the scum we have up here, the usual scare tactics associated with immigration are found to be lacking.

Maybe they don't like the cold?

No, the explanation is much easier (because else the would not go to Sweden either): In England there are a lot of jobs. In Scotland not. That makes the little difference.

Just now, questionmark said:

No, the explanation is much easier (because else the would not go to Sweden either): In England there are a lot of jobs. In Scotland not. That makes the little difference.

Yeah, see, I knew it would be something logical like that. I'm still going with the language barrier though :D

• Like 1

If we do,can we build the wall so that it includes Newcastle becoming part of Scotland?..Just south of the Angel of the North will do.Let the Scots have the rusty eyesore.!

On 6/24/2016 at 11:42 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

I doubt the Germans will vote themselves out of their own 4th Reich. :D

The German people need a voice too. They should be allowed to say if they want to stay in the EU or not. They should be allowed to say if they want to reform border control and the migrant crises.