Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scratching behind headboard, red static

AFriendlyHeathen

I wasn't sure where to post this since its my first time on the website, but I just need some help or answers. My girlfriend has been kept up nights for months now by light, slow scratching behind her headboard. Its been doing it since winter, its now summer and still occurs. One time when she was home alone the television screen was shut off, there was red static and a loud, high pitched screeching static noise that lasted about a second. Things move around too, her entire paintball outfit was moved onto her bed and layed out even with her helmet on the pillow. There is a rocking chair that constantly moves on its own and noises are plentiful at night. I just want some answers so I can help her. Any info is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Good chance it's a rodent of some kind. 

As for her outfit it's always a possible slip of the conscious, where you do something but don't realize you've done it. 

T.v.'s are weird, could be a glitch. 

If the floor is uneven anywhere in the house that could set off the rocking chair. 

Tell her to set up some camera's to see if she catches anything, good chance that all the haunting's will stop.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Good chance it's a rodent of some kind. 

As for her outfit it's always a possible slip of the conscious, where you do something but don't realize you've done it. 

T.v.'s are weird, could be a glitch. 

If the floor is uneven anywhere in the house that could set off the rocking chair. 

Tell her to set up some camera's to see if she catches anything, good chance that all the haunting's will stop.

I'll pass it on to her. I should mention that she has a cat but it refuses to go into her room.  She also said that there aren't any signs of rodents in the house but it can't hurt to check twice. House is relatively new so I'm thinking you're right about the chair. About the paintball outfit, she rarely takes it out unless they are going paintballing or shes cleaning the barrel. One night she said she was going to bed, sent me a message 2 minutes later saying she went into her room and all the stuff was on her bed. I have a picture of it somewhere. She was out in the backyard that entire day doing things with her family. Only non-paranormal option I can see here is that maybe someone was cleaning it for her but there was still paint in the barrel. 

With these types of situations it is always best to rule out all mundane explanations first, before assuming it's something supernatural/paranormal. Traditionally it's only older places that are haunted. Since this is new construction I doubt any spirit or ghost is making rounds.

Yeah, that is true. Although what gets me is the red static, and scratching. It just makes me think theres something more there, especially since her cat wont go in. Then again the extent of my paranormal knowledge starts and stops at a few experiences and little bits of research XD

• Like 1

I've never heard of red static on a t.v. before and granted that's strange. The scratching would be a rodent or even a tree branch/shrub outside the room rubbing the outer wall. One problem with 'paranormal' happenings is the fact that we feed the event. The more we think about it as being paranormal the more paranormal it become, not literally but psychologically. It's that whole associative thinking thing.

I could talk to her about that, try to get her to ignore it and see if it goes away. I'll also give her my camera to record anything that happens during the night. I'll be sure to keep updated on anything that happens. Thank you :)

• Like 1

The tv is the weirdest part. I would agree that there is a rodent in the wall/bed. Im not going to lie out of all the weird things that happen which i discuss here things being moved in the house is something that happens to me and is very hard to explain away. This happens in my house when nobody is there too. I have two giant bins of toy cars that completely pulled themselves out of the shelves the other day and dumped with nobody near them and they are heavy and hard to take out. Things like that... Well its not possible based on known physics.

That's really odd, Other than the paintball gear, there was one time before her and I started dating that we were up at midnight talking on Skype. Her lights were off and she couldnt find her headphones so she got up and turned the lights on. Her headphones were on minutes before but they must have fallen out. When she turned on the light they were wrapped around her closet door handle, swinging.

This happens to me too! I go outside and come back to things sitting out. Yesterday i came home and all my red shoes were pulled out. Only the red ones. One day i vacuumed walked outside and came back to toys everywhere strewn around the vacuum only i was the only one home. How can you ever find out what is happening? I mean the bins i actually saw fall it was downright impossible, but how could you ever tell why if there isnt anything to see but moved stuff? 

Woops i posted twice on accident but i wanted to add that i agree the electrmagnetism is known to cause ghost sightings as well as placement on limestone but idk if that makes things randomly relocate...

Edited by Nnicolette

17 minutes ago, AFriendlyHeathen said:

I could talk to her about that, try to get her to ignore it and see if it goes away. I'll also give her my camera to record anything that happens during the night. I'll be sure to keep updated on anything that happens. Thank you :)

Man is the only creature that kills to kill.

Woops, I meant to post that elsewhere.

2 hours ago, AFriendlyHeathen said:

One time when she was home alone the television screen was shut off, there was red static and a loud, high pitched screeching static noise that lasted about a second. Things move around too, her entire paintball outfit was moved onto her bed and layed out even with her helmet on the pillow. There is a rocking chair that constantly moves on its own and noises are plentiful at night. I just want some answers so I can help her. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Okay I don't want to freak you out or anything, but if your girlfriend is totally convinced she did not lay out her paintball outfit, then you need to go through her house from top to bottom and check to make sure no one is able to get in or out of it easily. There is no way, even if spirits did exist, that they would move an entire outfit in such a way. Seriously, if something like that ever happened to me, I would be out the door in a flash and on the phone with the cops. It's happened where people thought their house was haunted only to later discover that someone had been secretly living there. So yeah, definitely set up a camera to make sure no one else has access to her home.

As for the issue with the TV, Google it. I did and there's like a zillion people who have experienced the same technical issue. So nothing unusual or inexplicable there.

Like XenoFish stated, there is most likely a logical/natural explanation behind everything, and his point about 'associative thinking' has merit, because more often than not, that is what will fuel future episodes of an imagination gone over the edge. So make sure that everything is checked out in your girlfriend's home, including the wiring. If indeed there are rodents between her walls, they might be able to do damage to it. So approach it all from a practical, not paranormal, perspective. It is the only way to ensure her safety.

• Like 1

Hello, A FriendlyHeathen!

I agree with Xenofish and Clair, it's always best to rule out mundane explanations first, just to be safe.

For the scratching, it's very possible that it's another little creature instead of rodents. I had a similar situation happen to me where I heard small noises coming from a shelf that is above my closet. Turns out, it was just a really big moth flying up there. Not sure what it was doing up there, but it was pretty freaky, hahah.

Also, I definitely agree with Clair. Setting up a camera to make sure there's not another person breaking in or sneaking about if very important, for both of your guys' safety. Security cameras can be rather pricey, but you can find some for about $40-$70.

I hope things work out for you two!

I'll ask her to check out the house, Unfortunately I'm rarely over there as she usually comes over to my house (which I think is good, I worry a lot whenever she tells me about something like the scratching or the items moving)  if she's too scared too I will definitely check everything out next time im over there. I have a camera and tripod that should work, but im unsure if it can record all night. It shoots in 1080p and Im pretty sure it has a night mode. I'll make sure it works tonight and then hand it over to her tomorrow. If she catches anything note worthy I'll post it here.

The scratches are clearly demonic claws. You think the head board getting scratched is bad?
Try getting your skin mauled by a damm demons. Happened to me twice. Both nights i Did something stupid

to cause it. But know this if I was there I could banish and capture the demon

and send it into my evil Jar! i only charge 99.99 to get rid of such things as I collect demons, ghost,s

and human souls !