Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope says Church owes gays an apology

seeder

Pope Francis says Church should apologise to gays

Pope Francis has said that the Roman Catholic Church should apologise to gay people for the way it has treated them.

He told reporters that the Church had no right to judge the gay community, and should show them respect.

The pontiff also said the Church should seek forgiveness from other people it had marginalised - women, the poor, and children forced into labour.

The Pope has been hailed by many in the gay community for his positive attitude towards homosexuals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36636845

In 2013, Pope Francis reaffirmed the Roman Catholic Church's position that homosexual acts were sinful, but homosexual orientation was not.

"If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?" he said then.

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

Good for him. He's well loved and progressive.

• Like 1

I don't expect an official apology for quite a while, considering how long it's taken them to acknowledge the pedos in their midst.

• Like 1

I have hread other priets say god dont hate them god hates the sin,just saying 

• Like 2

Eh. I'll believe it when he actually apologises for the things he's said, as it wasn't too long ago when he could same sex marriage a 'threat to the family'. I know people 'praise him as being progressive' but really it's just been buisness as usually for him, say one thing and then when it matters he says and does the opposite.

It is destiny. I so happy now, cos I know there is God.

"Christianity will finally have to announce that homosexuality is something normal, innately.

Personally, I have been waiting for Uranus to reaches its peak in the Pisces and I am still waiting for the message of the Priests.

Uranus will bring free marriages and anyone will be able to decide how they want to live without fear.” said Catholic Astrologer Branko Zivotin in his book "The truth about the gay population" (2004) - croatian language.

It is recorded here: http://www.vojvodinacafe.rs/showthread.php/4122-Planete-i-homoseksualnost

" Hrišćanstvo će konačno morati objaviti da je homosekualnost normalna pojava, nešto urođeno. Lično čekam da dostigne Uran vrhunac u Ribama i kada to budu saopštavali sveštenici narodu, iako su do tada govorili da je to greh. Uran će doneti brakove slobodne i svako će moći da se odluči da živi kako želi, bez bojazni. " - Croatian language

The peak in the Pisces was at the end of 2010, and then the Destiny started: Over 260 Catholic theologians, particularly from Germany, Switzerland and Austria, signed in January and February 2011 a memorandum, called Church 2011, which said that the Church's esteem for marriage and celibacy "does not require the exclusion of people who responsibly live out love, faithfulness, and mutual care in same-sex partnerships".

Edited by Goranec

Huh. The pope said something progressive. Let's see if he walks the walk instead of just talking the talk.