Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Red Cross under fire for swim safety sign

Hawken

Ridiculous. Kids that are white also have a 'not cool' label

What do they want? Only label white kids uncool? Thats racist...

Or not have ANY black kids in the image? Oh cant do that, thats racist too...

• Like 1

What did people do before Twitter? Well, i suppose they wrote outraged letters to the paper. It took longer, and they didn't get a global audience for it, of course. Isn't technology wonderful.

• Like 2

* Actually there's some superb examples of management-speak there. You could really tick off a few on your corporate b******* bingo card here.

American Red Cross appreciates and is sensitive to the concerns raised regarding one of the water safety posters we produced," the hospital released in a statement to NBCBLK. "We deeply apologize for any misunderstanding, as it was absolutely not our intent to offend anyone. As one of the nation's oldest and largest humanitarian organizations, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in all that we do, every day."

"Going forward, we are developing more appropriate materials that are more representative of our workforce and the communities we serve," the statement continued. "Our aquatic instructors have been notified of these concerns and we will advocate that our aquatic partner facilities remove the poster until revised materials are available."

Going forward! That's twenty points right there! :D 

And "Aquatic Partner Facilities" deserves recognition as well.

• Like 1

That whale is clearly a sign of racial supremacy of sea mammals over land walkers.

Time to smash our whale overlords and feast upon their fatty flesh in the fires of revolution.

So NBC has a segregated area for Black readers?   NBCBLK? 

But, yeah, a small poster showing kids of all colors playing together is 'super-racist'.

• Like 4

I must be very dense or something, can somebody explain what is supposed to be "racist" on that poster?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, questionmark said:

I must be very dense or something, can somebody explain what is supposed to be "racist" on that poster?

All the black kids in the poster are doing something wrong while the examples of folks doing the right thing are all white. ...seems a bit hypersensitive to me , especially considering there is a white dude labeled not cool. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Apparently, there are 'kids of color' not following the rules, while white kids are following the rules.

Obviously, it's a micro-aggressive stance.:rolleyes:

Edited by supervike

Just now, Farmer77 said:

All the black kids in the poster are doing something wrong while the examples of folks doing the right thing are all white. ...seems a bit hypersensitive to me , especially considering there is a white dude labeled not cool. 

Well, that seems to be wrong:

ClcKNe5WYAAc4s9.jpg

See the white kid running through the puddle?

We have enough racism without having to invent some. Lets tackle the first before we do something out of boredom.

• Like 4

Just now, questionmark said:

Well, that seems to be wrong:

ClcKNe5WYAAc4s9.jpg

See the white kid running through the puddle?

We have enough racism without having to invent some. Lets tackle the first before we do something out of boredom.

The folks making a stink are the really unlikable social justice warrior types. From me thats saying alot LOL 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, questionmark said:

All the people who are doing things that "aren't cool" are Persons of Colour, while all the white people are being good and obeying the Safety Instructions.

Just now, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

All the people who are doing things that "aren't cool" are Persons of Colour, while all the white people are being good and obeying the Safety Instructions.

You failed the eye test too, please give up your driver's license when leaving the premises.

• Like 2

Anytime a certain group gets offended about something they just need to file a report.

butthurt.jpg

• Like 5

To be honest Ive rarely even seen black people in swimming pools...

Just now, seeder said:

I guess that depends on where you live.

Just now, seeder said:

WAIT, let me edit this. When I lived in south London I used to take my GF on hot days to the Brixton Lido.... (outdoor pool)... (Brixton being a very high 'black area').... even then tho  they rarely got wet.... the outside pool was more about sunbathing around it

2 minutes ago, questionmark said:

I guess that depends on where you live.

see my edited post

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

Around here they do. It gets really hot in the South and the pools, lakes and rivers are always crowded with all types of people.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, questionmark said:

You failed the eye test too, please give up your driver's license when leaving the premises.

Now, now.  The kid running on the puddle is obvious Hispanic and the guy drinking while walking is Asian.

• Like 1

The Lido I mentioned

Ha read part of the blurb

One of our favourite things about this pool is that you are still allowed to dive in and show off your moves, something that seems to be banned at a lot of pools these days.

http://www.londondateguide.com/brockwell-lido-and-the-lido-cafe/

Thats nice isnt it, we are 'still' allowed to dive in! (from the link). But as with all UK pools...'jumping in' is frowned upon :lol: So either use the steps or slither in

Brockwell-Lido.png?w=400

Edited by seeder

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Now, now.  The kid running on the puddle is obvious Hispanic and the guy drinking while walking is Asian.

I wonder how that can be determined through his sunglasses?

1 minute ago, Hawkin said:

I wonder how that can be determined through his sunglasses?

He's not Asian, clearly since a horrible white person HAD to have made this he is a Native American because he's drinking alcohol ;)

• Like 2

I would never listen to a whale blowing a whistle while sitting on a fence anyway. 

• Like 3